Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 11:51 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,723,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
$1100 for an apartment in LA? How many roaches and bedbugs will you have as roommates paying only that in Los Angeles?
Lol! Right???!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 12:43 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,975,300 times
Prescott. Look there. For a younger retiree your people flock there. You get a tiny bit of Winter, enough to make things look pretty. Prices are cheaper than Flagstaff and Phoenix (though going up), lot's of hiking, decent shopping, good base for day trips to other rim towns.

Check there. Metro area is a little over 100K I think. Three Walmarts (bad), but a Trader Joes (good). Restaurant options are available but it isn't the best foodie town. Laid back crime is lowish.

Old 03-22-2019, 01:24 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,141,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehabilitated_troll View Post
Well now I'm curious about the living situation. Not sure I've ever heard of a wife/girlfriend. Or is that both? The possibilities are endless!
Think it is called a "throuple"...oh the labels these days...

Old 03-25-2019, 10:54 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,708,833 times
The closest cities to that size are Yuma, Flagataff, Prescott, Casa Grande, and Havasu. Flagstaff, Prescott, and Havasu are probably the most expensive but all low crime. Flagstaff n Prescott have winters...or I should say a good chance of snow. A lot of people have a negative view on Yuma, but it’s not as bad as people make it sound. Casa Grande is halfway between Phoenix and Tucson. Sierra Vista is also a good option, maybe 30-40 minutes from Tucson. Nice COL, great weather, low crime.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:02 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
This is an old thread. The OP is long gone.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:22 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,225,468 times
Even up here in "1 Walmart" Cottonwood, rents are not cheap anymore - it's supply and demand and many retirees are choosing the weather and whatever else here for their golden years. It beats the heck out of many places in my humble opinion.

The cost of living (COL) is lower in AZ than most states, especially CA! You can get onto a COL comparison site (I can't link it here as it's not allowed but it will give you a good idea of how it compares to where you are, and one AZ city to another).

Also, much of the data you are looking for should be here: https://www.city-data.com/city/Arizona.html, you can search by the size of city you want.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:54 PM

402 posts, read 611,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Even up here in "1 Walmart" Cottonwood, rents are not cheap anymore - it's supply and demand and many retirees are choosing the weather and whatever else here for their golden years. It beats the heck out of many places in my humble opinion.

The cost of living (COL) is lower in AZ than most states, especially CA! You can get onto a COL comparison site (I can't link it here as it's not allowed but it will give you a good idea of how it compares to where you are, and one AZ city to another).

Also, much of the data you are looking for should be here: https://www.city-data.com/city/Arizona.html, you can search by the size of city you want.
You aint lyin. Looking for houses in the area of $1500 is even hard let alone apartments. Just no inventory.

Wanted to ask you...any good wing places there? All I seem to find so find so far here is places that bake their wings. I need some good deep fried wings. Also, are the grocery stores pretty decent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona