Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 07:41 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,520,607 times

Advertisements

I stopped too soon today, still over 200 miles to Denver but the winds were trying to shove that little cube around & there were miles & miles of construction.

So time to rest my weary arms before I start out in the morning. May take an extra day but better safe than sorry. Pueblo is only about 100 miles but I saw the motel signs here at wherever I am & stopped.

My limit for one day is usually around 500 miles. We stop for popcorns, sodas, candy bars, to use the restroom, etc., enough so that I usually don't go much further than that. Your Nissan cube is a stick, or an automatic tranny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 07:50 PM

7,057 posts, read 6,321,887 times
An automatic & thank heaven for cruise control!

Old 07-24-2017, 05:21 AM

An automatic & thank heaven for cruise control!

Coolio. I love Nissan cube's. Enjoy your journey and be safe!

Old 07-24-2017, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 760 times
Wow, MEO92953! That sounds like a great trip you're making! Are you considering the SE part of AZ. because of employment, family connections or such? I'm a native Azonian who's lived and traveled other places and the SE part of the state would not be on my short list these days.
Monsoon is my favorite time of the year! It's wild and crazy, but short. Also, I live up in the snow country, so don't experience it at 110 degrees.
Many things to consider besides the weather when thinking of a move to Az; politics and religion are taken pretty seriously here. Merits research. Good luck!

Old 07-24-2017, 05:54 PM

I figure if dee has been there for 2 years & loves it, the people accepted me & there are no mosquitoes! That's enough for me. Oh, & the apartment is nice.

On another note, made it to Valentine, he today. Wow, is it hot, humid & sticky here. But, a nice surprise, my room has a Whirlpool bathtub. That will feel nice later on.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyears View Post
Wow, MEO92953! That sounds like a great trip you're making! Are you considering the SE part of AZ. because of employment, family connections or such? I'm a native Azonian who's lived and traveled other places and the SE part of the state would not be on my short list these days.
Monsoon is my favorite time of the year! It's wild and crazy, but short. Also, I live up in the snow country, so don't experience it at 110 degrees.
Many things to consider besides the weather when thinking of a move to Az; politics and religion are taken pretty seriously here. Merits research. Good luck!
Retirement & getting away from the cold, snow in winter & summer humidity & mosquitoes.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:32 PM

One of the things that astonished me was the driver's who ignored speed limits & were actually pushy, driving up my a** when I had the audacity to go slower than they wanted when I was passing a slow moving truck. Hello! What was that all about.

Then there were the construction zones where it states a lot of times that fines double. Why would they take that chance.

I will admit that I snickered when some of these folks were pulled over by the police.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:25 PM

One of the things that astonished me was the driver's who ignored speed limits & were actually pushy, driving up my a** when I had the audacity to go slower than they wanted when I was passing a slow moving truck. Hello! What was that all about.

Then there were the construction zones where it states a lot of times that fines double. Why would they take that chance.

I will admit that I snickered when some of these folks were pulled over by the police.

People are becoming first-class jerks on the road. My Dad and Grandpa taught me better than that. What they're doing is fulfilling 2 Tim 3:1-5. It is end times theology going on. My belief is that people are more selfish now than at any other time in mankind's history.

Don't believe me? Take a look around you and watch what people are doing. Watch the news. Demon activity is rampant, after all, they're confined to the vicinity of the earth. Of course they're gonna want to take everyone down with them. What do they have to lose? Think about it. When some moron goes into a workplace and decides he needs to take down the evil boss he hates so much, do they usually just shoot themselves and perhaps one other person? No, they don't. Their bullets spray all over the place in their nutty rampage, mowing down all sorts of innocent people. Satan and his demons are on a similar rampage. They've been judged by God to be evildoers who must be eliminated forever. So, if God decides this, Satan and his demon hourdes are doomed. So what do they have to lose? Nothing. If they've got to go, they're going to convince and influence whoever they can to sin. And sin big.

Just an explanation for some of the moronic behavior we see all around us now. It's all prophesied in the good book, the Bible. God's Word to us. Safe travels to you, meo92953!

Old 07-25-2017, 04:30 PM

Made it home. Thanks to all for taking the trip with me.

Now I have a ton of stuff to do to get ready for the big move.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:58 PM

I'm adding that today I looked up Sierra Vista photos, just to remind myself of where I'm going & I'd forgotten to mention how the clouds almost hypnotise you when you drive. Everything is so beautiful.

Not long now & I'll be back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona