Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 01:15 PM

430 posts, read 290,431 times

Advertisements

Yes, move to Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 08:13 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,641,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Go for it, YoungTraveler . . .

Many years ago, after a couple of decades first in Southern California and then the Bay Area due to my job, I woke up and said . . . "What the hell am I doing here? California is Too Whacky, Tooo Many Regulations, Too Expensive (Real Estate, Food, Vehicle Registration, Utilities and Taxes to name just a few) and above all, Too Freaky with far too many Nutcases in Sacramento."

I researched a number of possibilities and finally opted for Tucson. To this day, my only complaint is WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?

Good Luck.
I really appreciate this post. I've got a tech recruiter trying to move me out to Southern California for a "great" job in biomedical engineering (which I am sure it is), but the regional difficulties are troubling.
You corroborate that effectively.

It looks like I should just stay in Phoenix. I love it here.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:40 AM

31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I'll welcome you to AZ as long as you don't get here and start voting to make it just like California that you were dying to get away from. So many people from California flee that mess and then try and make the place they moved to just like California.

If you move to Arizona, or any of the other places Californians have flocked to, and start voting in all the liberal politicians and policies, it won't be long and your new place will be ruined also.
As a 4th generation Arizonan I share this perspective.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:39 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,274,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
What’s the matter with New Mexico? Do they have the natural disasters California has? (Fires, mudslides, etc...)
It's also the #2 state for crime. No, thank you.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:46 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,140,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I'll welcome you to AZ as long as you don't get here and start voting to make it just like California that you were dying to get away from. So many people from California flee that mess and then try and make the place they moved to just like California.

If you move to Arizona, or any of the other places Californians have flocked to, and start voting in all the liberal politicians and policies, it won't be long and your new place will be ruined also.
That is already happening.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:55 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,636,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
That is already happening.
How? What "liberal policies" have transplants enacted?

Old 01-26-2018, 06:29 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times
Moving away to Washington State soon, you can take my place..buy my house while your at it. While you are here, plant some darn shade trees. Gave it a decade. I stayed here because it was cheap...then I checked out WA...Wa cost more because you get WAY MORE. I think you can say the same about California although I recently checked out So cal after a 40 year gap from living there as a kid and Reseda/Santa Monica/universal City were all much different places. Not moving there anytime soon either.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:19 AM

3,408 posts, read 4,628,760 times
Enjoy WA state, lived in Everett just north of Seattle nearly 4 years and couldn't wait to leave that cesspool. Constant rain, grey skies in the winter, anti-freedom politics, high COL, expensive auto insurance and snooty people. You definitely pay for what you get.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:46 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
.Wa cost more because you get WAY MORE.
what do you get that you consider "WAY More"?

Old 01-26-2018, 03:04 PM

54 posts, read 68,461 times
I got the hell OUT of Arizona 2 years ago, Kingman specifically, after 11 years living there. It was OK at first, then progressively got worse once Obama was elected. I`m no flaming Liberal, but the ignorance of the people moving/living there, I just couldn`t take it anymore! I pitty the people moving from CA, because they`ll hate you, so hurry up and change your plates, act like you never lived there. Then bad mouth them, Democrats, and non whites, you`ll fit right in! I actually moved TO California, LOVE IT. Many of the hateful, ignorant types are moving out, well worth the extra cost of living here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona