Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 04:12 PM

23 posts, read 57,141 times

Advertisements

Looking for communities (55+) where we can purchase a home and have active pickleball leagues. I understand that Sun City and Sun City West have very active leagues and regular practice. Wondered what other communities, I would presume larger communities, have their own pickleball leagues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 05:42 PM

700 posts, read 919,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenns55 View Post
Looking for communities (55+) where we can purchase a home and have active pickleball leagues...
Hello, glenns55. Robson Saddlebrook, just over the Pima County line into Pinal County, has pickleball. They say they are 25 miles north of Tucson; and this link shows pickleball in the menu.

https://public.saddlebrooke.org/

There is more than one edition of Saddlebrook, so if you are interested you might want to look around and find which one is still building new houses, if any.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmaWildcat View Post
Hello, glenns55. Robson Saddlebrook, just over the Pima County line into Pinal County, has pickleball. They say they are 25 miles north of Tucson; and this link shows pickleball in the menu.

https://public.saddlebrooke.org/

There is more than one edition of Saddlebrook, so if you are interested you might want to look around and find which one is still building new houses, if any.
WilmaWildcat - thanks for that link to the Saddlebrook website. I went to their pickleball website. Great info. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:57 PM

700 posts, read 919,537 times
Quote:
WilmaWildcat - thanks for that link to the Saddlebrook website. I went to their pickleball website. Great info. Thanks.
glenns55, you're welcome! I have driven up to Saddlebrook from Tucson a couple of times, and it's very nice up there. I have been interested in it and kept my eye on it for a while. On one flight into Tucson, my seatmate was going home to Saddlebrook, and she loved it there. I personally prefer more of a Sonoran desert environment; Saddlebrook is at some elevation and has fewer saguaro cacti. But it has a more mountain-like vegetation and slightly cooler temperature than Tucson and Phoenix.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmaWildcat View Post
glenns55, you're welcome! I have driven up to Saddlebrook from Tucson a couple of times, and it's very nice up there. I have been interested in it and kept my eye on it for a while. On one flight into Tucson, my seatmate was going home to Saddlebrook, and she loved it there. I personally prefer more of a Sonoran desert environment; Saddlebrook is at some elevation and has fewer saguaro cacti. But it has a more mountain-like vegetation and slightly cooler temperature than Tucson and Phoenix.
WilmaWildcat - we visited Saddlebrook Ranch last year and viewed the models. Robson seems to do a nice job of construction. We spent yesterday afternoon at Robson Ranch Arizona in Eloy. They have an active pickleball community and the amenities are great. Just seems like it's in the middle of nowhere and not as cool as Tucson. We're planning a visit to Sun City next month. Thanks again.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
WilmaWildcat - we visited Saddlebrook Ranch last year and viewed the models. Robson seems to do a nice job of construction. We spent yesterday afternoon at Robson Ranch Arizona in Eloy. They have an active pickleball community and the amenities are great. Just seems like it's in the middle of nowhere and not as cool as Tucson. We're planning a visit to Sun City next month. Thanks again.
We've been researching things like you are so might I suggest Sun City West? More than 100 clubs to fit most any wish and more activity facilities than most any other 55+ area. Like was said to me the other day when I was talking about their Metals Club "Where else can you use 3/4 of a million dollars worth of equipment for a $25 a YEAR club membership fee?"

If one likes Metals,Wood working or Cars I'm told SCW has the nations only free standing shop buildings in a 55+ subdivision. Heck, they just bought a brand new paint booth for cars and have all the classes to learn body/paint work.
If you buy a freestanding house there's no HOA dues, only a $450 per year activity fee which gives you access to all of the (6 indoor/outdoor) pools and exercise facilities.

One thing to remember though, SC,SCW and SCG all have totally separate facilities with SCW having the most extensive of the 3. If you live in SCG or SC you can't access SCW facilities and vise-versa.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:08 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
We've been researching things like you are so might I suggest Sun City West? More than 100 clubs to fit most any wish and more activity facilities than most any other 55+ area. Like was said to me the other day when I was talking about their Metals Club "Where else can you use 3/4 of a million dollars worth of equipment for a $25 a YEAR club membership fee?"

If one likes Metals,Wood working or Cars I'm told SCW has the nations only free standing shop buildings in a 55+ subdivision. Heck, they just bought a brand new paint booth for cars and have all the classes to learn body/paint work.
If you buy a freestanding house there's no HOA dues, only a $450 per year activity fee which gives you access to all of the (6 indoor/outdoor) pools and exercise facilities.

One thing to remember though, SC,SCW and SCG all have totally separate facilities with SCW having the most extensive of the 3. If you live in SCG or SC you can't access SCW facilities and vise-versa.
I don't want to start an argument but I just visited the SCW site and it doesn't have nearly as much as Sun City. Less pools, rec centers, amenities, clubs. But this thread is about pickleball. Sun City has 27 courts and 8 are indoors/under cover.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I don't want to start an argument but I just visited the SCW site and it doesn't have nearly as much as Sun City. Less pools, rec centers, amenities, clubs. But this thread is about pickleball. Sun City has 27 courts and 8 are indoors/under cover.
Enjoy...

Old 04-15-2018, 12:10 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,902,323 times
I believe the Fountain Hills community as well...

Old 04-15-2018, 09:27 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,881,406 times
I'd never heard of pickleball so I did an online search and found a website devoted to the subject here in Arizona:

https://azpickleball.info/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona