Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 02:55 PM

39,096 posts, read 51,300,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
Can't people have their own opinions about Arizona, Tucson, or whatever? I watch you jump on peoples comments about sports, weather, crime, bugs, flora or fauna and whatnot with vengeance at times.
It's Steve-o's M.O. and it has been going on for a couple years now. Say anything good about AZ, he puts it (and maybe you) down. Say anything bad about the midwest, he jumps in head first with both feet criticizing the post and usually the poster. Try it - just say it's too humid in the midwest. It can be entertaining, but most of us, like you, have grown rather tired of it.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:59 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,439,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
was in LA for 3 days, very cloudy and cold. Nights were chilly
There are many days with the same weather in PHX. I was in PHX a few years ago in December and it was dang cold and raining in PHX, too. It was so cold at night that I was just waiting for snow to start falling. But everyone knows that thats not typical PHX weather, neither is that for L.A. The reason I prefer L.A.s weather is that its a little more humid, not quite as sunny, and much cooler in summer, just as warm in winter. Its just a shame that I dont like the city too much and its insanely expensive.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:01 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,439,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's Steve-o's M.O. and it has been going on for a couple years now. Say anything good about AZ, he puts it (and maybe you) down. Say anything bad about the midwest, he jumps in head first with both feet criticizing the post and usually the poster. Try it - just say it's too humid in the midwest. It can be entertaining, but most of us, like you, have grown rather tired of it.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain (Ponderosa). He is also notoriously negative, and even had his MODERATOR status revoked for the same reason he's trying to peg on me. Funny how they, uh, never mention that.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:06 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,024,241 times
Default Once again...

You have never lived in Indiana, at least not according to your profile. How do you KNOW their weather isn't the worst! How do you KNOW where the graffiti is in Phoenix? You must be extremely all-wise and psychic, I guess.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:12 PM

39,096 posts, read 51,300,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain (Ponderosa). He is also notoriously negative, and even had his MODERATOR status revoked for the same reason he's trying to peg on me. Funny how they, uh, never mention that.
For the record, I did not have my moderator status revoked. I resigned after being told that the rules were to be applied to you in a way I believed was different from the other posters on the forum and that I had to seek special permission to take substantive action against you. I have not mentioned this previously as you have never used my moderator status to slander my reputation as you have now done. For reasons unknown to me, you enjoy a privileged status that applies to no one else.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 04-22-2008 at 03:24 PM..

Old 04-22-2008, 03:16 PM

92 posts, read 311,289 times
[SIZE=3]The National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) located in Asheville, North Carolina has this to say about the climate of Indiana, among other things, "Indiana has an invigorating climate with strongly marked seasons. Winters are often cold, sometimes bitterly so. The transition from cold to hot weather can produce an active spring with thunderstorms and tornadoes. Oppressive humidity and high temperatures arrive in summer."

(http://www5.ncdc.noaa.gov/climatenor...Clim_IN_01.pdf)
[/SIZE]

Old 04-22-2008, 03:18 PM

687 posts, read 2,033,756 times
Quote:
They sure can. I was responding to someone elses opinion that Indiana's weather is "miserable beyond miserable" and I felt compelled to offer my opinion. I Guess you missed their little "opinion"? Are you gonna bash them for having theirs, too? Probably not because you probably share the same opinion as them, am I right? Gotcha!!!

Also, AZ is in the southWEST.
Typo...homeschooling and posting here don't go well together. Apologies...Desert Southwest.

It's not what you say Steve-O. It's how you say it. Visiting a place isn't the same as living in a place, wouldn't you agree. I read posts that people vent about Chicago and it's easy to defend because you live there. I agree with you...everyone is entitled to their opinions. And I'm not saying stop voicing yours At all. See ya around CD Next time I'll keep my mouth shut

Old 04-22-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
You have never lived in Indiana, at least not according to your profile. How do you KNOW their weather isn't the worst! How do you KNOW where the graffiti is in Phoenix? You must be extremely all-wise and psychic, I guess.
I only spent 6+ months in Indiana...(Noblesville to be exact). Winter there was FAR better than it was in southeast Michigan where I came from.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:25 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,358,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
I only spent 6+ months in Indiana...(Noblesville to be exact). Winter there was FAR better than it was in southeast Michigan where I came from.
Hey Mi_MoM -

Where are you from in SE Michigan? I spent 4 years as kid in the Battle Creek area.

Ken

Old 04-22-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I lived in the midwest for almost my entire life...it is damn humid in the summers. And don't even remind me of the summer of '88.

Quote:

I think we're all getting off topic.

Back to the weather! I'm loving it here and even though it's in the mid/upper 80's and even mid 90's here in Tucson I've yet to turn on the A/C....or furnace! It's been fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona