Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 02:47 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,626,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He seemed to me not very intelligent and volatile and was so small minded he blamed his defeat on his VP choice, not a fan and never was. At the end, he gave a big F you to the people that made his a life of power and wealth...so in conclusion, I have the opposite view.
I hate to burst your bubble, but McCain's choice of VP running mate was the ONLY reason I did not vote for him in 2008. I have friends who also declined to vote for McCain because of Palin, and some are GOP. McCain's age was an issue in that election, so his selection of running mate was more important to his race than Obama's running mate. Palin was not qualified for the job as VP, much less as President should something happen to McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 03:07 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,286,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but McCain's choice of VP running mate was the ONLY reason I did not vote for him in 2008. I have friends who also declined to vote for McCain because of Palin, and some are GOP. McCain's age was an issue in that election, so his selection of running mate was more important to his race than Obama's running mate. Palin was not qualified for the job as VP, much less as President should something happen to McCain.
I didn't like Palin either, but I still voted for McCain because I agreed with him more than I did Obama. I thought he had the most experience as a leader and he represented Arizona very well, so he had the best qualifications in my mind. Also, you have to remember that the VP is pretty much on the back burner and is rarely heard from. In Palin's case, this would have been a blessing for me and many others to not have to contend with her awful screech voice! I do think that Palin should have been invited to the funeral ... it would have been the respectful thing to do.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:42 PM

124 posts, read 146,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
Senator McCain in his own words on completing the "danged" border fence and blaming illegal immigrants on a "spike in home invasions and murder". Of which we heard how much in the "news" media recently? The fakeness and hypocrisy in overdrive again, after throwing McCain under the bus for decades, they co-opt him in death and funeral for their anti-Trump fake tirades. This is beyond disgusting.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/john...ry?id=10616090
This week long McCain funeral nonsense is proof of America's demise.
So many phony compliments and accolades made by people that would have hated his guts 10 or 15 years ago.

McCain is not a hero in my book.

For some odd reason, McCain used his political leverage to block and censor information about POW's that were left behind during the Vietnam war.
https://www.thenation.com/article/wh...ked-info-mias/
That is truly unforgivable.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:45 PM

124 posts, read 146,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He seemed to me not very intelligent and volatile and was so small minded he blamed his defeat on his VP choice, not a fan and never was. At the end, he gave a big F you to the people that made his a life of power and wealth...so in conclusion, I have the opposite view.

He was definitely unhinged and somewhat irratic.
Throughout his political career, the guy could never quite decide whether he was a liberal or a conservative.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:00 PM

386 posts, read 327,828 times
Does anyone remember that he was part of Keating Five and Lincoln Savings and Loan scandal?

Old 09-01-2018, 04:09 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,286,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
He was definitely unhinged and somewhat irratic.
Throughout his political career, the guy could never quite decide whether he was a liberal or a conservative.
Overall, he was a moderate and more of an independent than a Republican ... and really, what is wrong with that?! He was one of the few Senators who worked well with both sides, which is something that's nearly unheard of in today's divided America. I didn't always agree with McCain, but I respected him as a military man, a Senator, a statesman, and a leader. Arizona stood behind him and put him back in office (often by landslides) in every election because he obviously earned most people's respect, despite his shortcomings.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:16 PM

30,502 posts, read 19,263,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Which proves how poor his decision making was correct? As I've said, I respected him as a soldier but not as a politician, he made bad choices and seemed volatile and spiteful.

What (imaginary) bubble did you think you were bursting?

Old 09-01-2018, 05:19 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,184,507 times
Quote:
This week long McCain funeral nonsense is proof of America's demise.
So many phony compliments and accolades made by people that would have hated his guts 10 or 15 years ago.

McCain is not a hero in my book.

For some odd reason, McCain used his political leverage to block and censor information about POW's that were left behind during the Vietnam war.
https://www.thenation.com/article/wh...ked-info-mias/
That is truly unforgivable.
I try to discern the real Senator McCain from the fake news and liberal hypocrisy surrounding the deceased. When you have Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) as strong as today's fake journalists and editors along with many liberals you completely lose contact with reality. You turn the real Senator McCain into a caricature matching your deranged view of reality and agenda, but grossly distorting him in the process. This makes it hard for everyone to remember him for what he really was. I tend to have a more positive view of him, not the least because I know he was so different from how the fake news media portrays him. As you guys may have heard before, I also tend to not mind government spending and Senator McCain got a lot of (military) spending to Arizona. His successor has big shoes to fill. McSally could do it with her military creds, but she'll have a reputation to build. Luke = Air Force, McSally= Air Force if I'm not mistaken. There you go.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:59 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,237,812 times
This week long mourning period with four services and another tomorrow is ridiculous. I wonder how much the taxpayers are on the hook for this nonsense? I read that he planned this all himself...if so I think less of him than I already did. While I respect his military service, the rest of his career he was addicted to the unfortunate power and money that comes with being a public servant.

All this pomp and circumstance for a non head of state is way over the top. He should have planned a memorial in Arizona and then been buried wherever he wanted just like the rest of us. Dragging this on and his not inviting the President and Sarah Palin, regardless of their background, shows the true person he was.

Good riddance.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:12 AM

8,278 posts, read 8,677,744 times
Quote:

Do you mean like most of us? Most people are liberal in some areas and conservative in others. We also change our views as we grow older. We experience more things and meet different types of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: