Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 05:43 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,981,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
It only makes sense that that could have an effect on one's life outlook and why many transplants would (sometimes subconscious) want to make it like where they left, make sense?
I can see why you might think that. However, those things have no effect on day-to-day lives here, unless you happen to live IN Hollywood, as I did in the mid-70s. Then you might end up working on the periphery of the entertainment industry. But there's not much glamour to it. Everybody's just trying to make a living.

I am so over all that and Silicon Valley, too, which is no longer libertarian, a meritocracy or a place where ideas could be discussed freely. It's not the California I used to know. People might be surprised to learn that as little as 20 years ago, the Valley wasn't under the control of leftists. You couldn't lose your job for uttering a politically incorrect phrase. Now, well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 05:51 PM

1,336 posts, read 929,543 times
Agreed fluffy. Way, way over Silicon Valley, too. Let Zuck, Holmes and company f**k it up.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:16 PM

2,082 posts, read 925,670 times
Oregon Washington Nevada Colorado have all change from the cancer called California

Old 02-09-2019, 03:47 PM

42,854 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Oregon Washington Nevada Colorado have all change from the cancer called California
tsk tsk.. don't despair, there's always Mississippi and Louisiana

Old 02-09-2019, 05:29 PM

1,336 posts, read 929,543 times
Quote:
So funny... when they are sick and tired of the havoc create by their policies they voted in, they are like ok let's move to where it's not insane anymore, which is usually the opposite of progressive, and then they proceed to start to vote in the same wrong headed policies all over again. Well, it's not funny at all, actually.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:52 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,187,705 times
Quote:
If you move to Oregon you better switch out your Cali plates fast. My friend got his car windows smashed because he waited too long.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:46 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,097,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
tsk tsk.. don't despair, there's always Mississippi and Louisiana
And that seems to represent a bit of an example of the Cali attitude.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:58 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,981,337 times
Quote:
I've lived in California for 43 years but never understood why so many people think living here makes them superior and all-knowing.

Beautiful state, heavily stocked with over-sized egos. As if your choice of where to live makes you awesome.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:05 AM

42,854 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
I have never heard anyone who was born and raised in California refer to the state as "Cali"

Old 02-11-2019, 12:08 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,097,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I have never heard anyone who was born and raised in California refer to the state as "Cali"
Well, you have now pal. I have ditched my California-ness and now refer to that state as others do. You know, assimilate to my new home state?

But if you want some proof, I used to live in San Gabriel from 1960-1973; without traffic 15 min outside downtown LA. Right down the street was Smith Hardware. Over at Las Tunas and San Gabriel Blvd was Mission Chevrolet where Dad would buy the new family car every other year. There's railroad tracks about a mile or so south on Del Mar Ave, the street I lived on. South of the tracks was where most of the Mexican population lived. I used to walk to Washington Elementary school. I used to hike up Eaton Canyon and remember the old stairway.

Later on in life, I used to like going to the "Street Scene" in downtown LA. They would block off several street right in downtown and at the end of each street was a stage. I saw Santana, War, Steppenwolf, and a few others at them. I think they ran them for two or three years.

When I lived in North County from 1973-1978, I used to surf at Ponto beach. There's a nude beach just north of Solana Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona