Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 08:07 PM

7,072 posts, read 6,348,583 times

Advertisements

I know someone mentioned a company before but I didn't keep the information as I didn't need it.

The last time I needed a battery was in the midst of a Minnesota winter and , at that time I bought a battery that was supposed to last five years. I will not be driving to Minnesota to replace it even though it's only been two years.

I heard the sun lessons the life of batteries here. I'll accept that, but I would like to make sure I am going to a reputable dealer.

The battery still works but the car is doing the same thing it did before the last one died, which is not opening with the button. I need to physically unlock & lock it. Until the day it wouldn't start at all..in the middle of winter...in Minnesota.

So, if anyone has recommendations, I would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 10:03 PM

2,097 posts, read 3,820,986 times
I've always used and trusted Interstate batteries,if you're a Costco member you can get them there. They're not pro rated so even in month 35 you can return it and get a brand new one free. The only downside is they don't install them.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:36 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,255,590 times
meo, check with Gardner's Garage right here in town. I've used them since they opened. They are very good, and prices are reasonable. If they can't fix it, they'll tell you the best place to take your car.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
meo, check with Gardner's Garage right here in town. I've used them since they opened. They are very good, and prices are reasonable. If they can't fix it, they'll tell you the best place to take your car.
I took my car for an oil change there and they charged me $37 as opposed to the $19.95 in town. So I no longer trust them so much.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:30 PM

24,577 posts, read 26,133,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I know someone mentioned a company before but I didn't keep the information as I didn't need it.

The last time I needed a battery was in the midst of a Minnesota winter and , at that time I bought a battery that was supposed to last five years. I will not be driving to Minnesota to replace it even though it's only been two years.

I heard the sun lessons the life of batteries here. I'll accept that, but I would like to make sure I am going to a reputable dealer.

The battery still works but the car is doing the same thing it did before the last one died, which is not opening with the button. I need to physically unlock & lock it. Until the day it wouldn't start at all..in the middle of winter...in Minnesota.

So, if anyone has recommendations, I would appreciate it.
Meo. so is it your fob battery or car battery?

Old 01-13-2019, 07:24 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,721,103 times
Meo, you have a door (unlock/lock) key fob battery. You can usually buy these 3 volt batteries in a store that sells flashlight batteries/ in the store department which sells watch's/ auto parts store/etc.... My key fob battery is Energizer CR2016 3volt (it takes 2 batteries). Yours may be a different number battery. Check your auto manual or ask your dealer for the make/brand auto, you have.....There is usually a slot in the side of fob. it can be opened with a dime or a flat-head screwdriver. Open fob & replace the battery/ies with new, with the same side facing up as the ones in fob now. Be careful not to touch the surface of batteries with your bare finger.

You have a 12 volt engine starting battery. Interstate is a good battery. If you want it installed, call a store that sells them to ask if they install the battery for you.

Over the years i have bought several Everstart batteries from Walmart. Most all of the batteries are made by three different major companies. I've never had a problem with the ones i bought. My local walmart, in Grant Pass, does install them. Check the store in your area.

Best of Luck to you.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Meo, you have a door (unlock/lock) key fob battery. You can usually buy these 3 volt batteries in a store that sells flashlight batteries/ in the store department which sells watch's/ auto parts store/etc.... My key fob battery is Energizer CR2016 3volt (it takes 2 batteries). Yours may be a different number battery. Check your auto manual or ask your dealer for the make/brand auto, you have.....There is usually a slot in the side of fob. it can be opened with a dime or a flat-head screwdriver. Open fob & replace the battery/ies with new, with the same side facing up as the ones in fob now. Be careful not to touch the surface of batteries with your bare finger.

You have a 12 volt engine starting battery. Interstate is a good battery. If you want it installed, call a store that sells them to ask if they install the battery for you.

Over the years i have bought several Everstart batteries from Walmart. Most all of the batteries are made by three different major companies. I've never had a problem with the ones i bought. My local walmart, in Grant Pass, does install them. Check the store in your area.

Best of Luck to you.
Thank you. I'll try that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: