Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 02:38 PM

3 posts, read 33,825 times

Advertisements

am moving to sierra vista next year from colorado,anyone who lives there,i would like to hear from you!,well,you know,things like neighborhoods,things to do,weather,btw,what is fall like in sierra vista?

Last edited by Richard44; 08-17-2009 at 03:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 18,413 times
I moved from sierra vista about two years ago.....and all i can say is that is a pretty small town. Quiet for the most part, everyone knows everyone...there's one mall and a couple of grocery stores. Sierra vista does not have any nightlife, if that's an interest. A couple of small bars and that's all you get. The biggest "attraction" that town has is the military base, Fort Huachuca. There is no jobs.....that's why I left, hope this helps!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:02 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,515,847 times
I think Sierra Vista is a very nice town. It has plenty of history and interest in and of itself, and Tombstone, Bisbee and other small desert towns are nearby that also offer their own history and interest.
Hereford, which is just south of Sierra Vista (sort of a suburb, I guess), has some very scenic areas (especially on the west side of the highway), and that is where I'd live if I did live there (which I don't). Sonoita might be another option (nice, but very small, town) if you will be working on the base (there's a back gate).
Things to do? A lot of historical and scenic/outdoors things. Sierra Vista has a wonderful city pool called The Cove. It's kind of like a small water park, with a wave pool and a couple of slides. If you have kids, you'll spend a lot of time there, no doubt. Kartchner Caverns is pretty cool, too--it's about 20 minutes north of town. Plus, you're only an hour drive from Tucson, where there is plenty to do.
As far as the weather, it is hard to believe there is anywhere in Arizona that has better weather. Not too hot in the summer (about 10-15 degrees cooler than Phoenix), a little bit of four-seasons: a little color in the fall, snow once or twice in the winter, and very pleasant spring temperatures.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:17 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Ritchie_az is right about Sierra Vista's weather. aside from parts of Southern California known for great weather, SV has probably the best climate in the entire continental US. Summer highs typically in the upper 80's and low 90's (perfect for swimming) and winter highs in the 60's - pretty dang hard to beat in my opinion.

He's also correct about the views south of town (WOW!).

In regards to the town itself - it's not particularly pretty - but not ugly either - just a town. In regards to size, it's a pretty good size - big enough to have most everything you need but small enough to avoid most big city problems (crime, traffic etc). As long as you are not expecting a big city environment you should like what you find in that regard.

Ken

Old 08-18-2009, 08:23 AM

687 posts, read 2,950,756 times
I posted a review in the sticky thread at the top re;places in Arizona. Still stand by what I wrote. Check it out. I work on the Fort, assume you're being posted here?
Any more questions, ask or pm, no biggie.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:02 PM

Thanks for your thoughts everyone,am getting a good idea of what i can look forward to.Anyone know where i can find pictures of the area???

Old 08-18-2009, 01:05 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,515,847 times
You can find pictures doing a Google image search.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:09 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
You can find pictures doing a Google image search.
Or on this very site:

//www.city-data.com/city/Sierra-Vista-Arizona.html

Lots of good info about Sierra Vista too.

Ken

Old 08-18-2009, 01:19 PM

Thanks m8!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
While visiting SV and the surrounding area--------I had flash backs (good ones) of being back home in SoCal, in particular the SFV of 30 years ago. Both areas have a similar ambiance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona