Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:07 PM

3 posts, read 8,103 times

Advertisements

Thanks Blessed, I appreciate your advice and you are right everyone has to figure out their own circumstances and what will work best for them to be as self sustaining as possible. I am looking forward to being back in the Pearce area later this month for another visit and to begin planning my move there. I will have to check out Turkey Creek it sounds very nice Take care and blessings to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 PM

17 posts, read 36,921 times
PC,

Thx-N-2u2.......!!

Old 02-17-2018, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,246 times
We are a retired couple from Pa. looking for a quiet, peaceful, beautiful place to live. Considering Pearce. Anything we should be enlightened on?

Old 02-17-2018, 04:46 PM

76 posts, read 259,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My3grandkids View Post
We are a retired couple from Pa. looking for a quiet, peaceful, beautiful place to live. Considering Pearce. Anything we should be enlightened on?
Very hard to beat the weather there. Fresh air and wide open spaces, and cheap housing in Sunsites.
The major down side is that water may become an issue in the next few years. Many new farms and orchards going in and ground water is being pulled out at an extremely fast rate. The area is in a drought so ground water is not being replenished. You will most likely get tired of having to drive an hour to Tucson or Sierra Vista to do any major shopping. Medical is also an issue, half hour drive to Benson Hospital, Wilcox is a little closer but the care there is not as good.
After 10 years there, we through in the towel and moved to Texas.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:19 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,722,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGoldEagle View Post
Very hard to beat the weather there. Fresh air and wide open spaces, and cheap housing in Sunsites.
The major down side is that water may become an issue in the next few years. Many new farms and orchards going in and ground water is being pulled out at an extremely fast rate. The area is in a drought so ground water is not being replenished. You will most likely get tired of having to drive an hour to Tucson or Sierra Vista to do any major shopping. Medical is also an issue, half hour drive to Benson Hospital, Wilcox is a little closer but the care there is not as good.
After 10 years there, we through in the towel and moved to Texas.
And how is Texas?

Old 02-19-2018, 07:42 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,366 times
Kerrville is a very nice town. Right on the border of busy and desolate.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:50 AM

76 posts, read 259,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
And how is Texas?
We love the life style and people here in Texas Hill Country. The weather, not so much. We really miss the low humidity and weather that the Sulpher Springs Valley has to offer.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:11 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My3grandkids View Post
If you decide against Pearce because of excessive distances to shopping/medical services, you may want to look into J-Six. Still pretty darned quite (once you get away from the properties bordering I-10) and peaceful, and with spectacular views (depending on the lot), but much closer to major services. We're 10 minutes to Benson, 25 minutes to all the new shopping etc going in on Houghton Rd, 40 minutes from downtown Tucson, and maybe 45 minutes from Sierra Vista.

If that doesn't appeal to you. there are nice areas just outside Sierra Vista (especially to the south of town) that are very close to major shopping and services but still very quiet.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona