Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:01 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,922,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Wow! That's a long time! Well, I already do have two children going to school in the state of AZ...I just don't happen to be there yet....I think if the vehicle is registered in AZ...then the rest of the whole license, insurance thing should follow...kind of goes along with the whole process I think...I also want to be able to go back to school at resident rates after a year of living in AZ....

Excellent thoughts and you’re doing the right thing to protect yourself from problems in the future. It’s always hard to make the changes but they do have to be made sometime might as well be done in the beginning. The money you save on instate tuition will be offset the Az. car taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 11:11 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,472,444 times
It doesn't seem like a good idea to keep an old state license photo. Ecspecially from teens to senior...the police will have a very difficult time identifying you.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:36 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,340,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
It doesn't seem like a good idea to keep an old state license photo. Ecspecially from teens to senior...the police will have a very difficult time identifying you.
Actually, I think you're supposed to go in every 12 years to get a new photo.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:26 PM

453 posts, read 1,630,295 times
when I moved here, I wanted AZ insurace and was told by 3 different agencies that I had to first have an AZ license. The cost of licenses in this state is ridiculous (I mean for the plates). It cost me almost $500 for plates and license. Not to metion my insurance almost doubled moving here--I was told the high rates are because AZ ranks high in car theft.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:40 AM

Yes I agree with your post about the cost for vehicle licenses and insurance in Az. I know of a couple of incidents that the driver of a car was stopped for a traffic ticket and didn’t have an Az license on the car or his driver’s license. The officer asked where he was going in such a hurry and was told “I’m late and heading for work” the driver was told that he needed to get license and plates for the car updated asap! He had 6 weeks or 6 months from the time when he became a resident to do this? Ticketed for speeding and a warning for the DL and plates.

I know that the insurance companies always look for reasons why they should not pay or cover a claim made when an accident happens and I can only imagine that if my drivers license and plates on the car were different from my mailing address that they (the insurance company) would deny having to pay for the accident claim.

Years ago in N.J. I had an accident and it was my fault but the other driver had an “invalid drivers license” the only problem was it “expired” several months but she was held responsible for the accident and had to pay out. They told her that she couldn’t operate a vehicle on the streets and highways without a “legal valid drivers license” and because she had none at the time she should not have been on the road.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:45 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,340,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
when I moved here, I wanted AZ insurace and was told by 3 different agencies that I had to first have an AZ license. The cost of licenses in this state is ridiculous (I mean for the plates). It cost me almost $500 for plates and license. Not to metion my insurance almost doubled moving here--I was told the high rates are because AZ ranks high in car theft.
You need to shop carefully for car insurance in AZ. The rates vary a lot depending on company. The state department of insurance has a website comparing the costs from the different insurers and it is a great place to start. Also, your zip code makes all the difference - suburb codes are cheaper than Phoenix codes. Same things are true for Homeowners. Don't just go to the nearest brand name place - shop around.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:56 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,472,444 times
Ahh..Insurance Companies..Don't like to pay for you! Ask the Katrina Victims.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:35 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,156,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
how much were the plates and for what kind of car?

I have a 2000 4Runner....?

Old 01-05-2007, 09:37 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,156,980 times
A driver's license can't be that much? Can it? What's up with this state? Where can I look for the details on this?

Old 01-05-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
A driver's license can't be that much? Can it? What's up with this state? Where can I look for the details on this?
Ladywithafan,,,, I think shadow91 was talking about car license plates with TAX not a driver’s license. I forget how much I had to pay for mine, but it was very reasonable and didn’t take long if you go on days of the week or month that are better then others. Some of the facilities that issue driver’s license’s and car license plates can get busy at times, and it depends on which location you use. But you can take care of all the business at one stop location, just plan on spending some time doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona