Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 07:24 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,159,461 times

Advertisements

I mean, it is pretty simple. Don't like the plate design or the organization the donations go to, don't buy the plate. Others will support them. No one cares that you are offended. Each organization that has specialty plates had to go through the process to have them approved and offered. That process was approved by lawmakers and ADOT. If the Satanic Temple wants a plate, go through the process.

Old 01-26-2024, 09:18 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,295,696 times
I looked up what's involved in getting a specialized plate. First it has to be sponsored by an organization, then a legislator proposes it as a bill, then approved by the legislature and signed, as any law, by the governor. I don't think the Satanic Temple is going to get a plate any time soon.

Old 01-28-2024, 06:09 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,073,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
The funds are 100% coming from individuals purchasing the plates. I don't think ADOT is donating to these organizations.

News flash, not everyone agrees on everything.

I never said ADOT is funding/donating to the groups.....but they are "receiving assistance" (the words I used) from a public taxpayer-funded entity to promote themselves......

to answer the "if you don't like it, don't buy it" argument some bring up, we all are already being forced to support this because it's our own taxpayer-funded state government!......remember that at least one of these groups has been deemed a "hate group" and evidently got a state legislator to pimp him/herself for this group (the "In God We Trust" plate)......

my point is that the public State Of Arizona should not be aiding in promoting partisan/religious/divisive groups and should not be promoting private, for-profit companies......

Old 01-29-2024, 08:00 AM

1,695 posts, read 1,281,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
A Satan plate would be fantastic! You swayed me. I'm in favor of these now.
Belief in Satan would imply a belief in God. Welcome to the club.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
I never said ADOT is funding/donating to the groups.....but they are "receiving assistance" (the words I used) from a public taxpayer-funded entity to promote themselves......

to answer the "if you don't like it, don't buy it" argument some bring up, we all are already being forced to support this because it's our own taxpayer-funded state government!......remember that at least one of these groups has been deemed a "hate group" and evidently got a state legislator to pimp him/herself for this group (the "In God We Trust" plate)......

my point is that the public State Of Arizona should not be aiding in promoting partisan/religious/divisive groups and should not be promoting private, for-profit companies......
So I gather that we can put you in the "I get offended by everything" bucket. Got it.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:26 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,661,420 times
Quote:
Belief in Satan would imply a belief in God. Welcome to the club.
That's a false dichotomy. One can exist without the other. Regardless, most Satanists don't "believe" in Satan. It's intended to poke fun at the absurdity of adults that never outgrew the belief in supernatural fairy tales.

Old 01-29-2024, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
That's a false dichotomy. One can exist without the other. Regardless, most Satanists don't "believe" in Satan. It's intended to poke fun at the absurdity of adults that never outgrew the belief in supernatural fairy tales.
The whole concept of Satan originated in Judaism and then made it's way into Christianity and Islam. So without the Abrahamic religions, you have no Satan. So for one to believe in Satan means they believe at least a portion of those religious texts.

And to your other point, what is your take on extraterrestrials or life on other planets?

Old 01-29-2024, 02:42 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,661,420 times
Quote:
The whole concept of Satan originated in Judaism and then made it's way into Christianity and Islam. So without the Abrahamic religions, you have no Satan. So for one to believe in Satan means they believe at least a portion of those religious texts.

And to your other point, what is your take on extraterrestrials or life on other planets?
Terrible argument. Story book characters existing in text doesn't mean they're real. No one's doubting the existence of the torah, quran or bible.

Are you suggesting that there needs to be supernatural forces for life to exist on other planets?

Old 01-29-2024, 02:48 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,813,630 times
Quote:
So I gather that we can put you in the "I get offended by everything" bucket. Got it.
Haha..No kidding! I mean with everything (so much worse) going on in the world today this is the least of my worries. But I guess some get their panties in a bunch over the smallest things now a days.

Old 01-29-2024, 03:24 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,159,461 times
Quote:
"You have every right to be offended. Just don't cry when no one cares." - Ricky Gervais
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona