Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 04:46 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,946,006 times

Advertisements

omg i cant believe the garbage i am reading that skinheads arnt a problem, are you serious???? yeah they are a problem, please tell me sick that your not a racist right ? uh huh anyways i have until now never seen any where i live thank god.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
omg i cant believe the garbage i am reading that skinheads arnt a problem, are you serious???? yeah they are a problem, please tell me sick that your not a racist right ? uh huh anyways i have until now never seen any where i live thank god.
Remember that many self described racist skins no longer have shaved heads...........flip side, many 'regular' guys also have their heads as well due to our heat here.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:58 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,768,519 times
I shave my head and not because I'm balding, but it is very comfortable here in the summer. I'm no skinhead i just hate everyone its easier that way.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:49 PM

894 posts, read 2,203,756 times
I had run into a skidhead gang a few years ago when I visited home. I didn't know who they were at the time, but they were decent guys. I was hanging out with my little brother and our friends, and we were meeting some dudes at a gas station to hit up a party. Those dudes ended up being the skidhead gang. I would hate to be Mexican and run across them alone.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:36 AM

1 posts, read 4,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
I shave my head and not because I'm balding, but it is very comfortable here in the summer. I'm no skinhead i just hate everyone its easier that way.
Indeed! I usually always have short hair anyways, but once it's summer, off it comes. And yep, I'm an equal opportunity jerk!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:26 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbatman86 View Post
I had run into a skidhead gang a few years ago when I visited home. I didn't know who they were at the time, but they were decent guys. I was hanging out with my little brother and our friends, and we were meeting some dudes at a gas station to hit up a party. Those dudes ended up being the skidhead gang. I would hate to be Mexican and run across them alone.
Actually; there are a few Spanish surnamed individuals out there who are indeed skins--------not all Hispanics are 'brown'.

Flip side: the SHARP's are not racist; they have members of any race/ethinicity----------but, still like fighting like most skins.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:48 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,611,066 times
For the OP. Yes there are skins heads, yes there Hispanic gangs, and yes there are Black gangs.

The Phoenix gang landscape is vastly different from the Los Angeles gang landscape. I see a lot of wannabe's in this area.

Skinhead gangs usually work with the Mexican gangs (drugs for guns). Drugs are a huge problem in Phoenix so that should indicate that the Mexican gangs are very active.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:03 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,506,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick_88 View Post
I've Been A Skin For 11 Years Now!! Most PPL Have The Wrong Idea Of Us!! We Are Not A Bunch Of PPL Just Going Around Spreading Hate Just For The Simple Fact Of Skin Color!! That Is Not Us!! We Do Not Believe In Committing Senseless Acts Of Violence Over Race!! Don't Get Me Wrong, There Are A lot Of PPL Out There Who Claim To Be Skinheads’ Who Are Ignorant And Do Stupid **** Like That, But In All Reality They Are Not!! If PPL Were Willing To Just Open Their Eyes And Hear Us Out Instead Of Always Listening To The Media Reports, They Would Know The Truth!! The Only Way To Know, Is To Be Openminded And Hear Us Out!!

Are you a SHARP skin?. Or judging by your screen name maybe not. I would love for you to explain for me how it is. Here is your chance to explain your cause.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,765 times
Hello all, I’m new here but I had to post after reading so much incorrect info. First; MS-13 is a Salvadorian based group that has little to no presence in Phoenix. Let me repeat that, the gang known as MS-13 has little to no presence in metropolitan Phoenix. The term MS-13 is misleading in itself as it bunches together several loosely tied sub-groups as one and would give an appearance of a true organized gang when in fact it is not. It is no different than saying “skin-heads” and assuming they are all one cohesive group.

Additionally the “Mexican Mafia” is a prison based organized crime group that has little influence in Arizona’s prison system. The home grown “New Mexican Mafia” and the loosely organized “La Raza” are a much bigger headache for the DOC than the California based group, yes they are all different organizations which by the way are also all rivals. These groups fall under the organized crimes division.

The skin head groups on the other hand are investigated by the hate crimes division and not the gang task force because they do not meet the true definition of street gangs. Their stated goals and objectives are seen as more “abstract” and as such do not have an immediate impact on crime. While there is a presence in Phoenix their numbers are larger in the suburbs and rural parts of the state. Most are nothing more than groups of angry teens and disgruntled youth. A few do have ties to larger national groups but by in large most do not. And like many ethnically tied groups ironically their violence is usually directed at their own members. In other words the crimes committed by skin-heads are usually against other Caucasians and not minorities. Also they tend to be more recluse and not so apt to proclaim their membership since they understand the negative stereotype hate groups carry. Many members eventually leave these types of groups and claim them to have been a “phase” so many of these groups are not “generational”. Additionally because these groups are not tracked the way street gangs are tracked their numbers may be misleading. For example if groups A, B & C are founded and a few years later groups D, E & F are founded you might conclude that there were six new groups recently founded. However groups A, B & C could very well be defunct or dissolved and as such the total would still be three. The reality is these groups have a much higher attrition rate and their numbers fluctuate greatly.

In the end, yes there are police officers who were once members of these types of groups likewise there are police officers who were once members of hardcore street gangs. Either way their histories have to be vetted before they can join law enforcement and any serious transgressions would disqualify them from joining. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 07-07-2009, 10:21 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,946,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember that many self described racist skins no longer have shaved heads...........flip side, many 'regular' guys also have their heads as well due to our heat here.
yah that is true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona