Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Well, I know here in the Prescott/Prescott Valley area, there are a lot of racists type people here. It's pretty predominant here, for sure.

One time I went to this bar here and was talking to an African-American friend of mine and someone came up to me and said, "N***** lover". And everyone else was just staring and gawking at me and my friend. So damn rude and disgusting, if you ask me!

But I'm not sure about Phoenix or other parts of Arizona. I never seen this problem in Phoenix, when I used to live there. I don't know.
You may be onto something here: a friend of mine (100% Anglo White, legally speaking) may have run into some prejudice/racism in Prescott when trying to secure a job---------she looks like either 1/2 E Indian or part American Indian courtesy of her dark hair, eyes and facial features. And the irony is she looooves the 'skin head' look in guys.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:37 AM

123 posts, read 321,377 times
Unhappy Be Careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I go back and forth, I have class 2 days a week in Flagstaff, I have my apartment here, buy stay in Phoenix often with family/friends.

I should have said "lived".

The supremist groups have no mercy on white folks who fraternize with others of color. Plenty of white folks were murdered during the Civil Rights marches and when Blacks were allowed to vote without being attacked.
Please stay aware ......I would have NO ONE hurt over some ignorant, inbred, inane belief system.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:21 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
They target other white dudes more than anyone, dudes who stand up to their beliefs. As far as crimes against society, again, check New Times articles. Theres been murders.
Phoenix News - A Skinhead Slayer -

Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBEA View Post
The supremist groups have no mercy on white folks who fraternize with others of color. Plenty of white folks were murdered during the Civil Rights marches and when Blacks were allowed to vote without being attacked.
Please stay aware ......I would have NO ONE hurt over some ignorant, inbred, inane belief system.
In all fairness: few Whites were murdered by the KKK, etc. even back then. If discussing a grave risk for Black males; it would be other Black males judging by the crime rates in Wash DC, New Orleans, etc.

Concerning our racist skinhead types here: they need to watch their manners since quite a few decent people (of any race) carry..........and, will shoot if threatened. Better to be judged by 12 vs. carried by 6.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:03 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You may be onto something here: a friend of mine (100% Anglo White, legally speaking) may have run into some prejudice/racism in Prescott when trying to secure a job---------she looks like either 1/2 E Indian or part American Indian courtesy of her dark hair, eyes and facial features. And the irony is she looooves the 'skin head' look in guys.
I've been discriminated myself too, since I've lived in Prescott/Prescott Valley, because I don't look like the "typical" white lady. I have really dark hair, dark brown eyes, and a curvy physique (like a Hispanic lady or African-American, but I am 1/4 Cherokee Indian for sure). Seems like if you don't have blonde hair, is real skinny, and blue eyes they don't like you and you won't be able to land a job here. I've seen some of the Mexican women here try to look white by bleaching their hair, talk, and have an attitude like a white girl (I've known 3 of them that do, but not saying any names here).

But I'd tell your friend to be careful of that "skin head" look here in Prescott/Prescott Valley. Most of them are looking for trouble and/or just got out of the Yavapai County jail or prison. Most here are on parole or probation. Lots of criminals here, no doubt.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,704,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBEA View Post
What about whites in a predominantly black section of the city? Is there any concern over the violence directed toward them? Or is it just accepted as reality.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:50 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
What about whites in a predominantly black section of the city? Is there any concern over the violence directed toward them? Or is it just accepted as reality.
There is no predominantly black section of Phoenix.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
There is no predominantly black section of Phoenix.
Yeah there is. I used to work in one. There were no Mexicans or whites, only blacks. It has been so long, so I can not remember exactly where it was. It was in South Phoenix somewhere around Southern or Broadway.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:52 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Yeah there is. I used to work in one. There were no Mexicans or whites, only blacks. It has been so long, so I can not remember exactly where it was. It was in South Phoenix somewhere around Southern or Broadway.
Key words....

Old 02-28-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Key words....
I was a private nursing assistant taking care of a black man at the time. I did a little brainstorming, and it was back in 1997 so I would not think it has changed much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona