Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 04:16 PM

61 posts, read 506,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
They are in better moods when people take them some home baked cookies or flowers. There are days it's humid in there, and they need a dehumidifier. Even in the desert. It probably gets monotonous, too. We all have our good days, and bad days.
I don't think I'm welcome in there anymore...boo-hooBut thanks for the idea. I'm thinking brownies...

Old 09-15-2009, 08:18 PM

4,788 posts, read 5,919,612 times
Default The Horrible Tower lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by dian-az View Post
I don't think I'm welcome in there anymore...boo-hooBut thanks for the idea. I'm thinking brownies...
Well, I have a gripe ! Those blinking white strobe lights on the tall tower. They used to be red, and bearable white, alternating. Now they pierce the night with a blast of "in yer face" aggrivation. What were they thinking ? They are hideous. Five people I know don't like them, either. If those lights were sound, I would be deaf by now. I pity people who have them blasting in through their windows. Who owns that tower ?

I just want the old lights back the way they were. A few nights ago, the red and white were blinking out of synch.(but not the normal pattern of out of synch) It looked so silly. But who am I ? A complainer. A friend told me that people griped before, and got the lights back to "bearable and pleasant." It is probably regulations ? What kind of bureaucrat would design such a visual caterwauling ? I am all for the lights, but this strobe thing is ghoulish. Okay. I am done for now. I could use some walnut brownies.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:24 PM

57 posts, read 280,100 times
Quote:
Well, I have a gripe ! Those blinking white strobe lights on the tall tower. ? .
Quality scope on your rifle takes care of blinking lights

Old 09-15-2009, 09:30 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,485,589 times
Quote:
a visual caterwauling
Wonderful words. I just love that.

No point to make

Old 09-16-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Well, I have a gripe ! Those blinking white strobe lights on the tall tower. They used to be red, and bearable white, alternating. Now they pierce the night with a blast of "in yer face" aggrivation. What were they thinking ? They are hideous. Five people I know don't like them, either. If those lights were sound, I would be deaf by now. I pity people who have them blasting in through their windows. Who owns that tower ?

I just want the old lights back the way they were. A few nights ago, the red and white were blinking out of synch.(but not the normal pattern of out of synch) It looked so silly. But who am I ? A complainer. A friend told me that people griped before, and got the lights back to "bearable and pleasant." It is probably regulations ? What kind of bureaucrat would design such a visual caterwauling ? I am all for the lights, but this strobe thing is ghoulish. Okay. I am done for now. I could use some walnut brownies.
I hear your pain, I think they're designed to drive everyone crazy/ier. I mentioned them in my original posting. Try not to look at them, they're hypnotizing.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichoptops View Post
Quality scope on your rifle takes care of blinking lights
I wouldn't want to hit a bird, but the lights have been off for the last few nights ! Yay ! I have heard a lot of people complaining. OASIS plays Light jazz. It's their tower. Music is fine. No one complained about the red lights. They were subtle. Someone said that the white strobes can trigger epilepsy for some. Those white lights lit up my mountain. I think anyone would complain about those in any city. Airports need them, but Dolan Springians don't.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dian-az View Post
I hear your pain, I think they're designed to drive everyone crazy/ier. I mentioned them in my original posting. Try not to look at them, they're hypnotizing.
I have an idea. We can start a blog about why Dolan Springians are so "the way we are." Blame it on the white lights ! But if people say "But the lights have been off a week" we can reply "It's a residual effect."

Old 09-19-2009, 10:36 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,235,111 times
Quote:
I wouldn't want to hit a bird, but the lights have been off for the last few nights ! Yay ! I have heard a lot of people complaining. OASIS plays Light jazz. It's their tower. Music is fine. No one complained about the red lights. They were subtle. Someone said that the white strobes can trigger epilepsy for some. Those white lights lit up my mountain. I think anyone would complain about those in any city. Airports need them, but Dolan Springians don't.
And for weird: when I drove through Kingman, etc. I was unable to pick up the signal from the Oasis-----------I am a hardcore Smooth Jazz fan.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And for weird: when I drove through Kingman, etc. I was unable to pick up the signal from the Oasis-----------I am a hardcore Smooth Jazz fan.
I like soft jazz, too. I hate to see them go off the air. I just want the red lights back. I was thinking that maybe "regulations" required a certain system, for foggy conditions, for example. I hate to see hard feelings on either side, and I hope for a satisfactory compromise. If I recall correctly, the lumens weren't so bright on the strobes before. I remember pleasant red, and bearable white. Then it was all dark for awhile. Then the blast, and now dark again.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I have an idea. We can start a blog about why Dolan Springians are so "the way we are." Blame it on the white lights ! But if people say "But the lights have been off a week" we can reply "It's a residual effect."
heh-heh, that's funny.
I like your idea...we can always blame it on the water, too! There's a lot to blame it on, just have to dust off my gripe list an' have a little look-see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona