Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 10:50 PM

61 posts, read 506,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I have an idea. We can start a blog about why Dolan Springians are so "the way we are." Blame it on the white lights ! But if people say "But the lights have been off a week" we can reply "It's a residual effect."
We are the way we are because:
a) the water
b) the air we breathe
c) "Joe" on the corner
d) drugs/drinks
e) all of the above
f) none of the above

Old 09-21-2009, 02:52 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,910,314 times
I was happy to see that a lot of places downtown have been bought up, and fixed up. Over near that firehouse area. : ) One home had a big pile of debris, and dead furniture. All gone, finally.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:06 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times
Quote:
I was happy to see that a lot of places downtown have been bought up, and fixed up. Over near that firehouse area. : ) One home had a big pile of debris, and dead furniture. All gone, finally.
Now; Kingman needs a small grocery store downtown (there used to be a Safeway on ca. 600 W Beale St 20 years ago) and it will be set..............Safeway on Stockton Hill is a ways away.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:45 AM

Default Feed The Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Now; Kingman needs a small grocery store downtown (there used to be a Safeway on ca. 600 W Beale St 20 years ago) and it will be set..............Safeway on Stockton Hill is a ways away.
Well, that would be nice ! I recall the old grocery chains. They were quite adequate. Small carts. Simple choices. Fixed prices that didn't change with a bar code key. I would even like to see a grocery bus ! We had one in Maryland in the 1950's. It was a blue school bus driven by a woman. She drove and parked for a little while in each major part of the complex. It had enough to keep people going awhile. Fresh produce, cereals, and milk in an ice chest. The critics today might call it antiquated, but you will never hear the hungry person call it that.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times
Quote:
Well, that would be nice ! I recall the old grocery chains. They were quite adequate. Small carts. Simple choices. Fixed prices that didn't change with a bar code key. I would even like to see a grocery bus ! We had one in Maryland in the 1950's. It was a blue school bus driven by a woman. She drove and parked for a little while in each major part of the complex. It had enough to keep people going awhile. Fresh produce, cereals, and milk in an ice chest. The critics today might call it antiquated, but you will never hear the hungry person call it that.
Correction: that Safeway was on the 600 block of E Beale St back ca. 1990........it is now a Mohave County or Az state building.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:45 AM

227 posts, read 536,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dian-az View Post
We are the way we are because:
a) the water
b) the air we breathe
c) "Joe" on the corner
d) drugs/drinks
e) all of the above

f) none of the above
And you can include most out of the way Arizona communities in that description.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 PM

Shhhhh. (whispering) Do look now ! The RED lights are back on the Oasis radio tower to the west of DS. They were requested because the white strobes were making people loonier than ever before. (not to mention blinding the carbon based life forms). Balloons for the OASIS radio station ! Thank you very much ! I appreciate the red lights, and many of my friends do, as well.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:52 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,456,607 times
They actually listened to the complaints?
I'm stunned.

Congrats!

Old 10-04-2009, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 15,645 times
Default Dolan Springs, AZ. red light-white light

Glad a number of folks have commented on the Radio Tower lights! I am several miles away, but pretty much in direct line of fire. My neighbors and myself noticed the 'lack of' lights when they went dark several months back. I always assumed that the tower "had to" have lights, (as to its height) for air traffic safety. We can sit on the porch at night and watch air flights coming directly overhead. Some swinging SW to L.A. and others to Vegas and NW. The flight time occurance is quite rapid. From say, 7:30-11:30pm. You can follow planes that are visible on same path and direction, (east-west) with as many as 3 visible trailing each other. A huge wonder that some of them did not "descend", thinking the 'white strobes' was in fact Vegas.

Now, about the change of lights, to no lights, to white strobes!? Have no idea! Funny in a way...a month or so ago, I awoke to this 'blinding flashing' light thru my window. Were my old horrible child nightmares returning? Had a UFO finally arrived to see how the villagers of Dolan lived?...or maybe it was just that extra glass of wine that night. In any case it was a bit alarming...kind of like living in the city with that "on-off no vacancy" sign from the hotel across the street. In any case, the now mellow red lights are back, (thank heaven) and we can once again sit on the porch without being blinded.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:59 PM

I will try to support their sponsors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona