Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,435,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, for starters they can help the local community EAT!
They DO, with their significant charity work.

I haven't gone around and comparative shopped the same standard, typical staple items at the different stores. (And they are all within convenient shopping distance for me) So, I'm not sure which is actually cheaper (and, I suspect that would vary from week to week).

I do have the perception that Bashas' is on the pricey side generally; if significant numbers of others have that same perception (true or not) they are going to have to work to change that to get back in the market (so to speak) and get those shoppers in their stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Well, they do just that. Bashas' is the largest commercial support of the Food Banks in Arizona. Bashas' employees regularly volunteer their time to help the food banks and other similar groups.
I didn't mean by moving money from one pocket to another. That's the government's job.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:23 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
I didn't mean by moving money from one pocket to another. That's the government's job.

Huh???????

Old 07-23-2009, 12:26 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,435,088 times
Quote:
Quote:
Huh???????
I second the "Huh?". They are "helping people eat" by donating large amounts of food and helping distribute it. What's so complicated for you about that?

Old 07-23-2009, 12:38 PM

OK, some don't get sarcasm. They're using the excessive money they're charging their regular customers in order to "help" charities and look "good." Nothing comes out of their own pockets. Make your prices competitive so people don't need handouts! Of course, there are always enough suckers for sap stories.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
OK, some don't get sarcasm. They're using the excessive money they're charging their regular customers in order to "help" charities and look "good." Nothing comes out of their own pockets. Make your prices competitive so people don't need handouts! Of course, there are always enough suckers for sap stories.
Oh please - they are in business to make a profit - so what? Your statement Make your prices competitive so people don't need handouts is ludicrous because you are now a) blaming Bashas' for those that need help - your statement infers it is Bashas' fault, b) you say that there are cheaper stores (maybe there are) - well then, those that "need handouts" should shop at THOSE stores - then they would not need any handouts

Please - don't try to insult our intelligence with your silly comments.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:46 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,231,385 times
that is a pretty weak arguement

if frys, walmart, etc were cheaper to having such a vast impact - then why aren't all the needy just shopping there where they can obtain great values making them not in need anymore?

maybe if the deep discount grocery stores did a better job of providing an even more affordable product and feeding the people than bashas wouldn't need to provide charity and then would offer lower prices................ see, just kind of silly

Old 07-23-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Oh please - they are in business to make a profit - so what?
Of course they are! I just don't like the hypocrisy of claiming anything different.

Quote:
Please - don't try to insult our intelligence with your silly comments.
That's for others to decide - since I needed to even explain to you a pretty simple concept.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
That's for others to decide - since I needed to even explain to you a pretty simple concept.
It was YOUR statement(s) that try to link Bashas to those needing help at the Food Banks - which is, of course, asinine

Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
It was YOUR statement(s) that try to link Bashas to those needing help at the Food Banks - which is, of course, asinine
Look, Greatday, whatever you choose to call me or my comments doesn't really matter. The fact is that people will not go to an overpriced store for no good reason regardless of whether you want them to or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona