Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 05:34 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
"Some government wacko" is the duly elected and seated Arizona Legislature and Governor. Until such time as the law is either overturned or repealed, it is a violation of oath for a sworn governent official, including the sheriff, to choose not to enforce it. Hasn't anybody taken a civics class and understand how the three branches of government are designed to operate? Judging from the Mod cut: Personal posted on this thread, I guess not.
JD Hayworth withdrew his endorsement of Russell Pearce, the Legislator who introduced the bill, because of his ties to known members of the NAZI Party and anti semetic emails he had sent out, and he isn't the only. as for the Governor, no one elected her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 05:53 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
When they first pull you OVER they don't KNOW that you are ILLEGAL.
DUH!
That's part of the problem. The way the original law was written, anyone with brownish skin (INCLUDING AMERICAN CITIZENS) could be pulled over for most ANY REASON at ANY TIME. This constitutes harassment based of race/ethnicity - which is BLATANTLY ILLEGAL. This is the reason the governor JUST TODAY signed amendments to the law - to help clarify what the police and can and what they CANNOT do. It backs up what I have been saying all along - that the law as written was TOO VAGUE - and the governor ADMITTED as such when she hurriedly signed amendments to clarify it. MAYBE now the law will stand up in court. As first written, there was NO WAY in h*ll that would happen.

Ken
I really don't care how much you SHOUT.

I really don't care if they have brown or white or black or purple with pink polka dotted skin.

I have no problem with being asked for my passport.

Here illegally? No rights. Go home.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:06 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

I really don't care if they have brown or white or black or purple with pink polka dotted skin.

Absolutely, Gandalara . . . nor would any intelligent, law-abidding, LEGAL Citizen.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:53 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

YOU have no problem being asked for you passport but it's not YOUR call to demand that OTHERS have no problem being stopped for no other reason except for the color of their skin.

Again, that is not YOUR call to make - no matter how infalible you may think you are. The police are not psychic. If they are allowed to stop others simply because they LOOK like they may be illegal, then they are going to stop AMERICANS as well as Illegal Aliens. The governor knows that - hence the sudden changes to the law. She realized it was a bad law and thus made the changes she did today to try and salvage it. The PROOF that the law was bad to begin with is in the fact that the governor quickly CHANGED it.
And THAT is a fact.

Ken

Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Absolutely, Gandalara . . . nor would any intelligent, law-abidding, LEGAL Citizen.
I am an intelligent, law-abidding, LEGAL Citizen and I have a REAL PROBLEM with being REQUIRED to carry around a passport to prove I belong here. People should not be subjected to such bullsh*t as being pulled over and stopped for NO REASON other than the color of their skin. That's the type of thing that goes in places like NAZI Germany or Cuba - NOT in America.

U.S. Constitution: Fourth Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 05-01-2010 at 09:39 PM..

Old 05-01-2010, 09:48 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,473,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
. as for the Governor, no one elected her.
She was elected Secretary of State, and--under Arizona Constitutional provisions--succeeded the sitting Governor when she resigned. As such, Governor Brewer has all the legal standing of any elected official.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:33 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
She was elected Secretary of State, and--under Arizona Constitutional provisions--succeeded the sitting Governor when she resigned. As such, Governor Brewer has all the legal standing of any elected official.
Until November. Well, actually, January.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:36 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
You can protest all you want, this law isn't going anywhere. Too many people support it, and the only ones who oppose the law are illegals due to the fear of being deported.
You must not read much outside of this forum, or inside this forum, or you would know that "only ones..." statement is not true.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:01 AM

422 posts, read 1,271,514 times
Quote:
I am an intelligent, law-abidding, LEGAL Citizen and I have a REAL PROBLEM with being REQUIRED to carry around a passport to prove I belong here. People should not be subjected to such bullsh*t as being pulled over and stopped for NO REASON other than the color of their skin. That's the type of thing that goes in places like NAZI Germany or Cuba - NOT in America.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Ken
You have a problem with being required to prove your citizenship?
And you are planning on moving to southern Arizona? Are you serious?
Here is a reality check for you, new anti-illegal immigration law or not BP can pull you over for no reason at all to check your citizenship, irregardless of what color you are. That is part of life here in the borderlands. I've been here less than 4 years and lost count how many times I've been asked for my citizenship by BP. Not in America? Right!

Old 05-02-2010, 02:02 AM

89 posts, read 146,138 times
Quote:

Ken
Exactly.

I more than have a problem with it, I would refuse.

I amazed at how many people who claim to be on the right don't seem to understand or respect the Constitution.

bb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona