Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 07:10 PM

13 posts, read 70,624 times

Advertisements

Sound wonderful and thank you so much for the terrific imput!!! We will be taking a visit there again this summer and will check out the entire area. Relaxing is what we will be doing, and sounds like it is a very friendly area, with lots of wide open spaces---just what the Doctor ordered!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,943 times
Default Mountain View

Somebody lied when they said property/sales tax cheap. This is an incredibly expensive place to live, 9% sales tax, and the school system is robbing the residents blind. There are a number of good things, if all you want is to listen to blue grass, then it is good. If you have more desire, than to sit in the same spot day after day and listen to blue grass, there is nothing else. The poverty rate is the second highest in the state, and with that comes drugs, and a lot of them, methamphetamine, being the biggest. More poor folks than middle income folks. A lot of residential burglary too. The country is beautiful, though, and a nearby park and camping. But again, not much other than that. All local business under pay their help, and the fast food restaurants have filthy dirty kids or drug heads working for them...like you'd want to eat food a person who has not bathed in a week prepared. We have had murders, 3 in the last few years, none of which law enforcement has been able to solve, but they too are underpaid, inexperienced, and know nothing of law....

Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 AM

99 posts, read 504,133 times
Wow that is aweful will you be moving soon ? My Grandma was borned and raised in a place she calls Round Moutain . She says it was beautiful but very poor .

Old 10-22-2007, 09:08 PM

6 posts, read 53,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlynn22 View Post
Somebody lied when they said property/sales tax cheap. This is an incredibly expensive place to live, 9% sales tax, and the school system is robbing the residents blind. There are a number of good things, if all you want is to listen to blue grass, then it is good. If you have more desire, than to sit in the same spot day after day and listen to blue grass, there is nothing else. The poverty rate is the second highest in the state, and with that comes drugs, and a lot of them, methamphetamine, being the biggest. More poor folks than middle income folks. A lot of residential burglary too. The country is beautiful, though, and a nearby park and camping. But again, not much other than that. All local business under pay their help, and the fast food restaurants have filthy dirty kids or drug heads working for them...like you'd want to eat food a person who has not bathed in a week prepared. We have had murders, 3 in the last few years, none of which law enforcement has been able to solve, but they too are underpaid, inexperienced, and know nothing of law....
You should write a book. You seem to have all the answers. I hardly ever hear music. You must spend a great deal of time sitting in one spot on the square! I hope that everyone that reads your post will understand that there are a few people like what you describe in every category that you speak of; however, if everyone were like you say, then there would be no Mountain View, and certainly not growing. I moved here 4 years ago with my husband and children, I thank GOD everyday for letting me live here!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:57 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,733 times
Can anyone recommend new home builders in Mountain View under $160,000Moderator cut: please use DM feature for recommendations...no advertising allowed

Last edited by Sam I Am; 10-26-2007 at 02:41 PM..

Old 02-23-2008, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,632 times
NW Arkansas is getting really crowded and a ton of crime. Betonville is NOT a place I'd want to retire to! We moved from the Washington County area and it's been the best move we've made.

We retired to Mountain View and just love it here. Plenty of music venues, restaurants and beautiful scenery.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 PM

5 posts, read 32,131 times
Disney still have property in Mt. View?

Old 04-02-2008, 07:55 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
I like Mountain View a lot, I just don't like the route I have to take. Hwy 9 South from Melbourne, which a good stretch of it winds down the mountain side and it's narrow, curvey, and the mountain side is right outside of your window.

However, I'll always remember, going down there with a buddy of mine one time to hear some bluegrass. He is even a bigger hillbilly than me, if possible.

We were coming back, talking about the music and food, and he got quiet a minute, then said, "Ya know....if there's any hillbillies left in Arkansas....I do believe they live in Mountain View".

The contrast of this coming fom his mouth cracked me up.

He did mean that as a compliment, probably not understood by a lot.

Anyone coming to the area should vcertainly check out Blanchard Springs while there. Not too far from MV.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:13 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,341,768 times
I've consider the Eureka Spring to the Mountain Home area myself for retirement. My parents want Bella ?Vista which is not me but each to their own. I love Eureka Springs. I live in Southeast OK so I get up to Eureka a lot. Now, Branson is not a place I would want but that area Eureka - Mountain Home is close enough if you want a full day of expensive entertainment.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:54 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
Lest we get confused - Mountain Home and Mountain View are two entirely separate towns...Mountain Home is right up at the Missouri line. Mountain View is between Batesville to the east and Marshall to the west, SW of Horseshoe Bend and Cherokee Village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas