Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:33 PM

5 posts, read 17,083 times

Advertisements

Thanks , we are trying to plan a trip out to "map" out where we would like to live out there. We are planning to move there in just over a year, unless something changes. Do you have any websites or anything you'll suggest? Or someone to help us out with any info that would be helpfull? I appreciate any help we can get. Thanks again,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 06:16 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Did you have some problems in Cherokee Village ?? Is that why you moved to Crowleys Ridge ?
me, no..but my parents thought about buying a house or some property there, maybe to eventually retire there..but were pretty much made to feel very unwelcome...the part about the boat..that was my brother in law and sister..they wanted to try out their new boat..and found out real quick..lake thunderbird wasnt the place for that-lol.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:57 AM

111 posts, read 503,851 times
The best time to visit is really right about now and into October. The natural beauty is still in its full glory and the wearher is becoming more mild. Come and take a look! Again, you should find a place to stay in the Village -- maybe on a lake -- and explore. It does take time to get "the feel" and find the various things there. It's not all on the surface. Cherokee Village has a website and just go and google it. You well find many links to things. Have fun!

Old 09-27-2007, 12:17 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
me, no..but my parents thought about buying a house or some property there, maybe to eventually retire there..but were pretty much made to feel very unwelcome...the part about the boat..that was my brother in law and sister..they wanted to try out their new boat..and found out real quick..lake thunderbird wasnt the place for that-lol.
Where ever you go their are rules and laws, Before you put your boat on any of the Cherokee Village lakes, You go to the S.I.D. office and get your visitors day pass. We who live in the City of Cherokee Village pay taxes for the upkeep of the lakes and they are not open to the public. At all the boat ramps there is a BIG sign telling you this. Obey the law and you will have no problem,

Old 09-27-2007, 01:29 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Where ever you go their are rules and laws, Before you put your boat on any of the Cherokee Village lakes, You go to the S.I.D. office and get your visitors day pass. We who live in the City of Cherokee Village pay taxes for the upkeep of the lakes and they are not open to the public. At all the boat ramps there is a BIG sign telling you this. Obey the law and you will have no problem,
I agree with you...just didnt agree with the way the people went about "telling" them to get off the lake. there is a nice way of doing things..even if they werent supposed to be there. just my .o2

Old 09-27-2007, 07:05 PM

19 posts, read 103,744 times
According to 2007 population data, approximately 84% of the households in Cherokee Village are childless. The median age in Cherokee Village is just over 60 yrs. (approximately 53% over the age of 55 and approximately 16% under the age of 18.) So while families with children do exist in Cherokee Village, they are in the minority.

I would say that how well your family is accepted will depend largely upon your family's willingness and ability to fit into the quiet, safe atmosphere that has attracted so many older retirees. My guess would be that certain areas of the Village might be considered more "family friendly" than others, depending upon existing neighborhood demographics.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:35 PM

111 posts, read 503,851 times
Maggiemae,

Thanks for your words and data. What should be added is that the Village is trending more and more toward younger families and kids - -and as you say, certain areas already reflect that more than others. The core values of the Village you report is right on, and it is quite welcoming to those who respect it. Thanks.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,847 times
Cherokee Village is great, go to the web site for the city. The reason you can't put a boat in the water is that the 7 lakes we have are for homeowners and guests only. We also have a homeowners only golf course. As for friendly people, there are lots of them here, as everyplace in the world its what you make of it. Property is still cheap here, you can find houses as low as $50,000, go to King Rhodes real estate web site and get an idea of property for sale. Hope this helps

Old 09-30-2007, 02:30 PM

5 posts, read 17,083 times
thanks alot, i've beenon their site and fell in love with a house already, hope it's still available in a year. lol.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:56 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I agree with you...just didnt agree with the way the people went about "telling" them to get off the lake. there is a nice way of doing things..even if they werent supposed to be there. just my .o2
If one of the lake safety people are being nasty or rude to anyone for no good reason report them. All you need is the time of day and date and the name of the lake it happened at and SID will look into it. I have never seen it happened but their's always I first time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas