Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:57 PM

20 posts, read 51,425 times

Advertisements

Well it kinda depends on what a person is sensitive to. I've been asked into places that the owners believe are haunted but tell me nothing until I begin to talk to them about what's there. I am no psychic or anything like that but (sigh) have been like this since I was a kid. I'm Native American Indian & wasn't raised to believe these sorts of things are weird so it's not that big a deal to me. A lot of people die in this world & it makes sense to me that sometimes some of them don't move on. Bound to be a reason. Not mine to figure out. It just is.

You can find this sort of thing ANYWHERE but there are areas that are overwhelming. It can be things from the days before white settlers. It can be during the days of slavery. I had a really bizarre encounter like that. It can be something more recent. I'm never too quick to pooh-pooh someone who feels these things.

Anyplace that's been a hospital, a jail, a prison, a nursing home, a mental hospital all have the potential to harbor a lot of stuff from time gone by. When we visited Hot Springs we were down by bath house row & I was very bothered by something I couldn't put my finger on. Because my family are how they are they simply said, "hey, okay maybe we'll just go do something else." Lovely that they didn't have to understand it. What is... is & they just rolled with it. As soon as we left the area, the feeling went away. It wasn't bathhouse row specifically it was one of the areas nearby. I'm sorry I was all of 11 or 12 at the time so I'm fuzzing on exactly which building.

Does it surprise me? Nope. It can be anywhere. I'm sorry that your Mom was so bothered by it. If it's something dark, evil or oppressive it can be too much for a lot of people. If it's someone who was mentally disturbed or suffering in some great way it can be horrible.

I have a friend who has an elder woman ghost in her home. Friends come by & have spoken to her, thought it was my friend's grandmother. When the find out no grandma... it really freaks people out. They have recordings of their young children talking to the woman & they could describe her down to the lace on her collar & the buttons on her shoes. So if it's impossible there's 20 some people I work with crazy because they all said hello to this woman at a house warming party... couldn't understand why Grandma wouldn't talk to them or join them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas