Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:37 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Let's see if a cast my lure out, and drive my boat around real slow pulling the lure,what am I doing???
Cali, did you see where Mtn. Home went #2 in the nation for fishing spots? Yes, it's off topic - but I am from Arkansas and don't proclaim to know it all about Harrison or anywhere else for that matter. I find it fascinating that every time this subject comes up the idea is reinforced by people from far, far away who make their post and never return again. I think I see a pattern, don't you?

For mamba - I can only assume that you are white and know personally of the klan activities in Harrison, or you are black and have been run out of town at sundown? Or is this just what you heard? And to my knowledge it is not against the law to fly the Confederate flag. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Please.

Thank goodness for this forum that can dispel some of the myths surrounding Arkansas. I don't think there's a single one of us who would dispute there is a spot where the grand wizard, whatever that means, lives...nor would we dispute there are people who probably associate themselves with that or other extremist groups. Find me a spot where all people live in peace, harmony and traquility, and I'm there. Past that, this is a topic that has been kicked to death. If anyone wants to use the search function and look for the piles of info on this, knock yourself out. Other than that, I see no reason to perpetuate this conversation any longer. Anyone with me on that?

Last edited by Sam I Am; 02-09-2008 at 08:25 AM..

Old 02-09-2008, 07:54 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Cali, did you see where Mtn. Home went #2 in the nation for fishing spots? Yes, it's off topic - but I am from Arkansas and don't proclaim to know it all about Harrison or anywhere else for that matter. I find it fascinating that every time this subject comes up the idea is reinforced by people from far, far away who make their post and never return again. I think I see a pattern, don't you?

For mamba - I can only assume that you are white and know personally of the klan activities in Harrison, or you are black and have been run out of town at sundown? Or is this just what you heard? And to my knowledge it is not against the law to fly the Confederate flag. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Please.

Thank goodness for this forum that can dispel some of the myths surrounding Arkansas. I don't think there's a single one of us who would dispute there is a spot where the grand wizard, whatever that means, lives...nor would we dispute there are people who probably associate themselves with that or other extremist groups. Find me a spot where all people live in peace, harmony and traquility, and I'm there. Past that, this is a topic that has been kicked to death. If anyone wants to use the search function and look for the piles of info on this, knock yourself out. Other than that, I see no reason to perpetuate this conversation any longer. Anyone with me on that?
Find me a spot where all people live in peace, harmony ??
That would be called Heaven.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 02-09-2008 at 08:25 AM..

Old 02-09-2008, 08:26 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Find me a spot where all people live in peace, harmony ??
That would be called Heaven.
Okay, let me backtrack real quick...I ain't quite ready to move there.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:32 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,185,309 times
why in the world would the leader of the KKK be living in Harrison?

climate,cost of living, major airport, ?

Did he grow up in Harrison and thus has family ties?

If not, why would he decide to re-locate to Harrison Arkansas?

I doubt he did it just so his organization can clean up trash along a certain road and get their name on a sign proclaiming it.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
why in the world would the leader of the KKK be living in Harrison?

climate,cost of living, major airport, ?

Did he grow up in Harrison and thus has family ties?

If not, why would he decide to re-locate to Harrison Arkansas?

I doubt he did it just so his organization can clean up trash along a certain road and get their name on a sign proclaiming it.
You will need to go to their web site and E mail him your questions.
I have no idea why, Or why their head offices are in Harrison.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:29 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,653,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Cali, did you see where Mtn. Home went #2 in the nation for fishing spots?
?
Yep, it's on my short list of places to move to, along with Harrison and several spots in Mo.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:16 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
The head office for the KKK is in Harrison! They have a web site that shows the Harrison address have a look at the link What is White Christian Revival (http://www.kkk.bz/ - broken link) or search the KKK for all the information you need.

First off just because they have an Harrison address does not mean they are the "head quarters" for the KKK. Secondly Johnny Lee Clary was the Grand Imperial Wizard who lived in Harrison, amazing what you can find on Google. His website states that he is now a born again Christian and the Former National leader of the KKK.
Don't get me wrong I am not sticking up for him at all, but I am sticking up for Arkansas, because Arkansas has been given such a bad rap by a lot of people.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
First off just because they have an Harrison address does not mean they are the "head quarters" for the KKK. Secondly Johnny Lee Clary was the Grand Imperial Wizard who lived in Harrison, amazing what you can find on Google. His website states that he is now a born again Christian and the Former National leader of the KKK.
Don't get me wrong I am not sticking up for him at all, but I am sticking up for Arkansas, because Arkansas has been given such a bad rap by a lot of people.
Don't look at me I am not giving Arkansas a bad rap Because the offices for the KKK are in Harrison. Some may give us in Arkansas a bad rap and others may love Arkansas because the Klan is here, Just depends who you are and how you at it.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
wnc

2 posts, read 9,522 times
I think you guys might like to see this story. It dosn't confirm much.
The Bay Area Reporter Online | Suspect in Mass. gay bar attacks dies

Old 02-16-2008, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
This is actually Johnny lee Clary himself, and I just want to clarify that I live in Oklahoma and I have never lived in Harrison. My ex-girlfriend, Diane Dumas lived in Mountain Home, Arkansas which is right next to Harrison and her mother, father and sister are all KKK supporters and members but she was not. I didn't find out that her family were Klan members until after she and I had been dating awhile. They put pressure on our relationship as they considered me a traitor to the White race. That is why we broke up.

The rumor was that I lived in Harrison because Diane set up an interview with the Mountain Home newspaper and they did a very good front page article on the need for racial reconciliation. The reporters there were very much against racism as well as the Klan, and felt like I do, that the area needed to overcome racism in all forms. Of course this caused a huge rift in her family. They attend a baptist church in Mountain Home where they bragged that no Black person has ever set foot in their "church."

I have been out of the Klan for almost 19 years now. I have worked hard to bring racial healing and reconciliation all over the world and I have friends that work with me of all races. It is sad that the Mountain Home area and Harrison still have Klan members. There is even a Klan store across from Wal-Mart just south of Mountain Home that is open to the public. The Klan in Harrison is a tiny group but as the news reporters from that area told me, that a lot of people especially in Mountain Home support the Klan and are glad they are there because that keeps Black people from moving to the area. Diane added that many people had moved to Mountain Home from other areas to get away from Blacks, and like her parents, they resented me coming into the area and telling people that they should unify with all races and take a stand against hate groups like the Klan.

I hate to say this, but during the time I was involved with Diane and would come to visit her, it seemed as though I was entering the Twilight Zone stepping back into 1964. That my friends, is sad. We can only overcome hate and live out the dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, when people look at the person in the mirror and see a need to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas