Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Hot Springs?
Very Much 10 76.92%
A Little 3 23.08%
Not Much 0 0%
I don't like it 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 01:40 PM

4 posts, read 16,229 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to the Hot Springs area. Can anyone tell me what areas have good neighborhoods and the best Middle and High Schools?

I am looking for a nice neighborhood where neighbors are nice but not too close and the schools are highly recommended. I want to feel my son can play in the neighborhood and I don't have to worry if I have to work late. He is 13 years old and a very good boy.

I'm hoping to find a place similar to where we live now. We love our neighborhood. We live a little out in the country in a small subdivision. The neighbors are nice, the lots are about an acre each, the school bus picks the kids up right at our door, the homes are very well kept, the school district is small. My son can run around the neighborhood whenever he wants and ride his bike and I don't have to worry.

I would appreciate some input from people in the area. Thanks!

Lora
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2006, 11:52 AM

113 posts, read 571,858 times
Consider Mountain Pine, or Jesseville. Both schools are nice and sort of small with country settings outside of Hot Springs city limits.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:37 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,365,730 times
The Lakeside school district heading toward Lake Catherine is considered one of the best in Arkansas.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:02 PM

19 posts, read 103,546 times
Lake Hamilton Schools....it's the largest district in the area but it still has a bit of a rural feel to it. Stay away from the city schools.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:11 AM

288 posts, read 1,081,501 times
Default Hot Springs Village

How about a gated community with plenty of recreational activities and a choice of two school districts...

Total Crime Index
24 - Hot Springs Village - Jessieville or Fountain Lake school district
95 - State
100 - National

I suspect the Village number would be lower, but the zip code also includes some area outside the Village.

You'd probably want to live on the west end, it is closest to Hot Springs and that is where one of the main recreational areas is located.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:08 PM

3 posts, read 15,061 times
I am sure that this message is too late but maybe it will help out anyone else who is interested in moving to Hot Springs. There is a community west of Hot Springs called Lake Hamilton. It is a rather large community that lines the shore of Lake Hamilton. It is one of the best areas in Hot Springs since the Lake Hamilton schools come highly recommended. We recently moved here from Washington state and done a great deal of research about the area and that is what the locals all recommend. I sure hope this helps you out.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:30 PM

8 posts, read 52,320 times
Default bad info

I have to disagree on the "stay away from the city schools" myth. The grade schools are superior along with the Math and Science school. My son is a senior at Hot Springs High School and I wouldn't have him anywhere else. He is on the national honor roll and an officer in the ROTC program. THe only ROTC program offered in the entire county school system. He will graduate in a few months with several college credits because the school offers them in the High School free. We have never had ONE incident in this school and am very happy with how the school handles students who create "incidents". My husband and his 3 siblings all graduated from Hot Springs high school are are all in higher income brackets. Oh yeah Hot Springs city schools did produce one heavy hitter, former president Bill Clinton. This is a very good place to live and plenty to do. It's a diverse and interesting place to live with tons of good nieghborhood everywhere. Good Luck.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,127 times
Hi! Trying to get update on related info from this thread - for Fall, 2009: what is the Lakeside School District like now? Especially middle, Jr. and high schools? What are good (cheap but nice, safe, etc.) rental options for 6-12 months? Any/all info most welcome!! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas