Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 04:11 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,035,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Let's see: where do I begin with your comments??

If there are not "red-neck" locals lining up for these poultry jobs, that means the pay is TOO LOW!! Hey Tyson, stop hiring illegals, and start paying Americans a living wage. I don't care if you would then need to raise the price of chicken breasts 50%.
Marshallese are all there legally. Most Mexicans there are in fact Mexican-Americans who moved from California to there. The issue is with the conditions and the nature of the work. Pay may have something to do with it, but it´s not the main issue.

Quote:
Where oh where did I say I "fear" these illegals working in the poultry plants among others? I didn't!! But I sure as h*ll wouldn't want my kids to be in a classroom full of English language learners--it would SLOW everything down and negatively affect their learning progress.
This is why there are experts in the field like me. English Language Learners are streamlined into regular classes the way other special populations such as Special Ed students are, but take it from me, it doesn´t affect the pace of the class. It´s like saying you don´t want your kids going to classes with Special Ed students because those retards are bound to slow the progress down. It´s short-sighted, inappropriate and untrue.

Quote:
"Too brown" for that group of illegals to be called American? Are you suggesting I'm racist? WRONG. (typical statements/tactics you hear from the left all of the time.) I'd say the same thing if there was a massive influx of illegal immigrants from China, Bangladesh, or any other "Third World Country".
No one is racist according to their own self-assessment.

Quote:
Sad fact is, the USA DOES NOT catch and deport all of these bad-apples that kill, rape, steal, etc etc. We can't catch them all !!! And those weenies (Democrats and Chamber of Commerce Republicans) have NO desire to help in any way, period. Do you really think we catch all of these drug runners, human traffickers, rapists, gang members and free-loaders? Sadly, no we don't.
We sure don´t. We don´t catch a lot of our own citizens either. That being said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...-people-afraid

Quote:
I don't know about Springdale, AR, but
You sure were quick to act like you knew everything about it. NWA prices are going up, up, up. Healthy growth, partner.

Quote:
Your statement that "Americans moving abroad are the WORST at assimilating to their new country"--I can't speak to this point because I have zero desire to leave the United States. I wouldn't even visit Mexico if you paid me. I value my life too much.
Travel is really a great way to learn, I highly recommend it. You wouldn´t have to go to Latin America, but get out there and see the world-- it´s a big place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 04:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
Marshallese are all there legally. Most Mexicans there are in fact Mexican-Americans who moved from California to there. The issue is with the conditions and the nature of the work. Pay may have something to do with it, but it´s not the main issue.

This is why there are experts in the field like me. English Language Learners are streamlined into regular classes the way other special populations such as Special Ed students are, but take it from me, it doesn´t affect the pace of the class. It´s like saying you don´t want your kids going to classes with Special Ed students because those retards are bound to slow the progress down. It´s short-sighted, inappropriate and untrue.

No one is racist according to their own self-assessment.

We sure don´t. We don´t catch a lot of our own citizens either. That being said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...-people-afraid

You sure were quick to act like you knew everything about it. NWA prices are going up, up, up. Healthy growth, partner.

Travel is really a great way to learn, I highly recommend it. You wouldn´t have to go to Latin America, but get out there and see the world-- it´s a big place.
Not going to pick apart everything you have responded to but will a few: 1-no, most of the Hispanics living in NWA are not transports from CA. The ones or a lot of the ones I have dealt don't even speak English So I question where you are getting your information. 2-yes, we have criminals here that we do not catch, but if they are legals we have no place to deport them to. I have always thought this to be a really strange argument. I is bad enough we have to deal with our own citizens, it is worse we have to deal with those who are citizens.

Old 06-01-2019, 02:01 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Are people from Arizona and Columbia (the country, not the city) arguing with you, about what is or is not happening in Arkansas?

Especially the one teaching ESL classes in Columbia, telling us that he is insuring that he is making the next generation great Americans? And telling you that your neighbors are transports from CA?

Just asking, of course...
About aab7855
Previous locations
Lafayette, Louisiana
Occupation
History teacher
Sex
Male
Marital/Relationship status
Married
Birthplace
New Orleans, LA, USA
Heritage
French/Canary Islander

Old 06-01-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
If your stats are correct (just over 30%), that's an invasion, not migration. This is just my opinion. Communities can't absorb this many people with different cultures and languages without some very undesirable consequences. That's why I give Geo W. Bush and Obama an F grade.
On a local level, that isn't an invasion. 50% of my household is Mexican.
That isn't an invasion, that is my family.

On a regional level, it doesn't even take 30% to be an invasion. Dunkirk and Calais in 1941 were invasions, even though the invaders were only about 5% of the population. Today, Cologne, Calais, and Stockholm are invasions, again with less than 30%.

Of course, to some degree, intent is important. In fact, intent is everything. But not necessarily intent of the individuals that are there. It is all about the intent of those who convinced them to go there.

Old 06-01-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Are people from Arizona and Columbia (the country, not the city) arguing with you, about what is or is not happening in Arkansas?

Especially the one teaching ESL classes in Columbia, telling us that he is insuring that he is making the next generation great Americans? And telling you that your neighbors are transports from CA?

Just asking, of course...
About aab7855
Previous locations
Lafayette, Louisiana
Occupation
History teacher
Sex
Male
Marital/Relationship status
Married
Birthplace
New Orleans, LA, USA
Heritage
French/Canary Islander
It´s Colombia. I´ve lived in a lot places, and Columbia MO is not one of them.

Listen, I´ve been in Colombia for 6 years but I´m moving back Stateside soon. I have a teaching license from Arkansas and did all of my exams and classes in NWA. I´ve taught in various classrooms in the USA and my speciality is History and ESL.

If I have to be living there at this very moment to comment on this thread, my apologies.

People can think whatever they want about foreigners, it makes no difference to me. The public school system is designed to provide an education to all, and I wouldn´t work under the system if that changed all of a sudden. So yes, I´ll continue to welcome all future students in my classroom, I´m not asking them for their papers.

I haven´t talked to every employee in the Tyson plants, but I was under the impression that the movement started with Hispanics migrating from other areas of the US, namely California. That´s even mentioned in this thread if you go back. I´ve actually had a fairly healthy discussion with the local poster in question actually.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:20 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
I wonder if all the Hispanics in Arkansas speak Spanish. Maybe some only speak indigenous languages (Mayan dialects, etc.)

Old 06-01-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
It´s Colombia. I´ve lived in a lot places, and Columbia MO is not one of them.

Listen, I´ve been in Colombia for 6 years but I´m moving back Stateside soon. I have a teaching license from Arkansas and did all of my exams and classes in NWA. I´ve taught in various classrooms in the USA and my speciality is History and ESL.

If I have to be living there at this very moment to comment on this thread, my apologies.

People can think whatever they want about foreigners, it makes no difference to me. The public school system is designed to provide an education to all, and I wouldn´t work under the system if that changed all of a sudden. So yes, I´ll continue to welcome all future students in my classroom, I´m not asking them for their papers.

I haven´t talked to every employee in the Tyson plants, but I was under the impression that the movement started with Hispanics migrating from other areas of the US, namely California. That´s even mentioned in this thread if you go back. I´ve actually had a fairly healthy discussion with the local poster in question actually.
My apologies for spelling. (I guess I should apologize to my niece, who is from there, too )

I will always challenge someone who brings false or even questionable information into a forum. That is my nature. Your answer seems reasonable except for the "designed to provide an education to all" statement, which, since you know history, you should know that is part of a recent "redesign" and fatally flawed. Material for a different thread, however.

See my answer in #54 for some further insights to my stance.

Old 06-01-2019, 05:21 PM

834 posts, read 1,017,081 times
This thread is confusing I just got some weird responses in another thread for suggesting Arkansas was still an americana style state.. Pick something...

Old 06-01-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
My apologies for spelling. (I guess I should apologize to my niece, who is from there, too )
No worries! It drives people here nuts, but I don´t mind

Quote:
Your answer seems reasonable except for the "designed to provide an education to all" statement, which, since you know history, you should know that is part of a recent "redesign" and fatally flawed. Material for a different thread, however.
Yeah, it ain´t perfect. Education though is kind of liberal in nature, law enforcement is conservative. You have people who believe differently working in both fields, but I digress...like you said, for another thread.

Quote:
See my answer in #54 for some further insights to my stance.
Well said.

Last edited by aab7855; 06-01-2019 at 09:28 PM..

Old 06-02-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
This thread is confusing I just got some weird responses in another thread for suggesting Arkansas was still an americana style state.. Pick something...
Well, AR does have its problems.

A disproportionate amount of the population lives in Urban areas, so they tend to vote to the Left of what is good for the state and the country. This isn't an insurmountable problem, but it does create some challenges.

As I (and others) have pointed out in other threads, there is a lot of variety in AR.

Pick something?

Tell us what you want, and there are people on here that will tell you where it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas