Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 07:47 PM

128 posts, read 179,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
We tried Arkansas. Lasted two months. June and July. Went straight back to Alaska. Too hot and humid in Arkansas.
Comically bad comparison - what did you expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2023, 09:03 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,934 times
And I complained about humidity in Minnesota. Until I regularly visited inlaws in Little Rock during the summer. Waking up to 85f in the AM,step outside and watch the sun heating up the ground and watching the cloud of humidity rising. Fyi, mostly pine trees in N. Little Rock.It felt like a steam sauna by the afternoon. I really don't know how people survived such heat before AC. The Ozarks did feel less humid but the heat is still there.

Old 03-07-2023, 04:52 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,865,132 times
How does the Ozarks climate compare to say south Carolina?

Like say maybe the mountain view area? I can't or won't pay the NWA real estate prices so looking at some of the more reasonable areas.

Old 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,750,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
How does the Ozarks climate compare to say south Carolina?

Like say maybe the mountain view area? I can't or won't pay the NWA real estate prices so looking at some of the more reasonable areas.
Fairly similar or slightly less so.
Maybe enough to notice, maybe not, depending on what your'e expecting.
Arkansas would be good for something affordable yet kind of familiar if your'e coming from South Carolina.

Old 03-08-2023, 03:32 AM

8,920 posts, read 4,636,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Arkansas would be good for something affordable yet kind of familiar if your'e coming from South Carolina.
I concur. I was a lot younger, when I lived in SC, I don't think I could do it again.
Mountain View is a good choice.

Old 03-08-2023, 07:29 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,865,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Not coming from SC, but I've spent time there in July and August. I thought it would be a good comparison of what to expect to use as a comparison.

I just took a peek at a climate site and on average over summer AR averages out to be a tad less humidity than SC. But it may or may not be a noticeable difference. Temps are comparable but humidity a little bit lower. Either way it's hot.

Old 03-08-2023, 08:42 AM

11 posts, read 7,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msta999 View Post
Looking at retiring in Arkansas, never been there....Been to TN, MO and Texas. I remember TN being very muggy, TX and MO were both hot mid summer. Just wondering if the higher elevation in AR are less muggy? Hunting and fishing good there? Are there plenty of areas to ride 4 wheelers or Argos? Any areas with pine trees?

Yeah, I found higher elevations less muggy, but easter AR from Jonesboro south to Helena, Marion, etc near the big muddy can get pretty awful - West Mem too

Old 03-08-2023, 12:39 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,399,233 times
yeah, the delta and arkansas river valley is going to be higher temps and humidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas