Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 11:48 AM

565 posts, read 470,687 times

Advertisements

Happy you didn't get Arkancided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2023, 10:08 AM

1,262 posts, read 664,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th1rock View Post
That's classic! ...and Steve has been someone I've looked up to for years now!
I think that I'm finally understanding this now.

Old 11-26-2023, 09:25 PM

9 posts, read 8,872 times
So, I submitted the FOIA request so maybe I can make a few dollars off the video. I'll try to post it here or at least a link to where it can be seen. The chief of police said he has it ready for me to pick up. I jus have to get there to pick it up when they aren't "closed". Ha!

Old 11-27-2023, 07:15 AM

974 posts, read 517,163 times
I don't think its a case of an overbearing government, it's a case of a bad cop........which is worse! Governments don't point guns or tasers at you, cops do. I am not that surprised though. I recently moved to Little Rock, and Arkansas is just a little too backwoods for me. I'm a Southerner and very much appreciate the manners people have here, but overall, it's just not working.

Old 11-27-2023, 11:26 AM

238 posts, read 129,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Glad you weren't seriously hurt.
On another note, your story is a country song just waiting to be written with additional lyrics stating that you'd only had a few beers before the run-in with your neighbor, the policeman, and a tazer. At any rate, I'm glad things worked out for you.

"Them boys in blue done taze me while sittin' on my tractor....

May've been I was drinkin' a bit too much....

Neighbor come out cussin', was hollerin' with a fuss

No sir, no ma'am this ain't no laughin' matter,

Was jus' tryin' to move some dirt with my tractor"

Old 12-01-2023, 02:05 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,609,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th1rock View Post
Was working on my driveway on a Sunday afternoon (cuz I work 6 days a wk & some Sundays).....
You shouldn't have to feel the need to defend/explain your reasoning for working on a Sunday afternoon.

Old 12-04-2023, 12:28 PM

238 posts, read 129,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
You shouldn't have to feel the need to defend/explain your reasoning for working on a Sunday afternoon.
A lot of people work too much for their own good.

My brother and his hoarder wife are good examples. They work so many hours between all their jobs (a lot of it gig work) that they're exhausted physically and mentally. They beat the heck out of their cars doing all the driving they do and are often physically sick from stress of their own making.

They struggle to keep up with their own (enormous amount of) trash and to make their yard halfway decent. There's no way they can maintain their house, further their education, or seek any meaningful opportunities to actually escape the rat race.

But if they were to cut back on their working hours, they'd also cut back on their taxes, and have time to actually take care of themselves and their surroundings.

Old 12-08-2023, 10:46 PM

9 posts, read 8,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
That's not what I meant by that. I meant a man that works as much as I do shouldn't have to defend himself against a couple of dicks that he ain't infringing on.

Old 01-24-2024, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 86 times
Proof of verbal conflicts requires witnesses, and if you have witnesses, you can defend your rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas