Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 07:35 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,444,722 times

Advertisements

What a horrible loss. Blow an 18 point lead to Colorado State? New coach or not, that is one that you don't forget. This team just can't seem to get out of it's own way. I'm sorry, you want to give the new coach every chance, but ANOTHER inexcusable loss!

Was obviously hoping they held serve vs. the front end of the schedule, because after North Texas next week it's Auburn, Texas A&M, and Alabama. Yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 11:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
What a horrible loss. Blow an 18 point lead to Colorado State? New coach or not, that is one that you don't forget. This team just can't seem to get out of it's own way. I'm sorry, you want to give the new coach every chance, but ANOTHER inexcusable loss!

Was obviously hoping they held serve vs. the front end of the schedule, because after North Texas next week it's Auburn, Texas A&M, and Alabama. Yikes.
Let's just hope we are not in for a repeat of last year. I guess we can't cry over one loss, regardless. Let's see how things stack up in a few weeks? No Texas may not be a pushover. they have produced a few decent teams is recent years.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:36 PM

811 posts, read 809,981 times
the Auburn game has been announced for 6 on ESPN 1 or 2 or 6:30 on SECN
I hate to say it but it's gonna be a televised massacre, may be worse than 2 years ago.
The lack of talent on this roster is obvious

Old 09-10-2018, 06:47 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,867,462 times
If they loose to North Texas Saturday...I can see the season tickets on eBay now.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
the Auburn game has been announced for 6 on ESPN 1 or 2 or 6:30 on SECN
I hate to say it but it's gonna be a televised massacre, may be worse than 2 years ago.
The lack of talent on this roster is obvious
I think most of us live in the real world and expect the Auburn game to be a blow out. And I think most of us are honest enough to know better recruiting has to be done. That being said, we might be a few years away from having the team we are dreaming of having. But being a fan is still being a fan and I will continue to watch them and route for them.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think most of us live in the real world and expect the Auburn game to be a blow out. And I think most of us are honest enough to know better recruiting has to be done. That being said, we might be a few years away from having the team we are dreaming of having. But being a fan is still being a fan and I will continue to watch them and route for them.

I've heard this for what 30, 40 years now? I think Arkansas is cursed.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I've heard this for what 30, 40 years now? I think Arkansas is cursed.
They need to get out of the SEC. They're in over their heads in that conference. Missouri shouldn't be in the SEC, either. Arkansas should be in the Big 12 and Missouri the Big 10. It has been dumbfounding to watch these college football people screw up the conferences the way they have. Both Arkansas and Missouri are too far away from the recruiting hotbeds of the SEC to be able to land the players necessary to compete in that conference. Look at this stretch coming up for the Hogs: Auburn, TX A&M, and Alabama all in a row? This team can't even beat Colorado St. and now they have to navigate those waters? Being in the SEC is going to make the Arkansas football program a perennial doormat at this rate and that's a real shame.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
They need to get out of the SEC. They're in over their heads in that conference. Missouri shouldn't be in the SEC, either. Arkansas should be in the Big 12 and Missouri the Big 10. It has been dumbfounding to watch these college football people screw up the conferences the way they have. Both Arkansas and Missouri are too far away from the recruiting hotbeds of the SEC to be able to land the players necessary to compete in that conference. Look at this stretch coming up for the Hogs: Auburn, TX A&M, and Alabama all in a row? This team can't even beat Colorado St. and now they have to navigate those waters? Being in the SEC is going to make the Arkansas football program a perennial doormat at this rate and that's a real shame.

I agree. I never did understand why they went to the SEC, Arkansas is more central midwest than southern anyway.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I agree. I never did understand why they went to the SEC, Arkansas is more central midwest than southern anyway.
I totally agree. We were talking about this a few nights ago with our daughter and her husband, ticket holders. The one thing I don't think you will see much of and that the sell off of season tickets. Remember Hog fans are fans down to their bare bones. The stands many not be as full but the season ticket holders will hold on til Hell freezes over. The much as this kills me to say, I am sometimes sorry Patrino got canned. It had to be, but he was on his way to building a really top of the line team.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:46 AM

Statement time today. I wanna see a 56-10 massacre out there before they venture into the jagged thorns of the SEC schedule.

Woo Pig!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas