Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2007, 04:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,930 times

Advertisements

im looking to move back home to ark/maybe missouri and have been away for 12 years and worried about how my 2 kids will be accepted they are mixed race white and black..i was thinking maybe springfield can anyone please let me know what you think thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 06:57 AM

19 posts, read 109,513 times
I have lived in Sprinfield my whole life, I dont think that your kids would have any issue at all fitting in. how old are your childen? different races have increased substantially in the last few years.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:44 PM

42 posts, read 217,037 times
I live in Springfield and married to a hispanic....as with any place you will encounter some....the human race is not perfect. With that said...I have seen many interracial mixes in Springfield having worked at WIC for 2 years and now working in the birth certificate office for the city. There is a small black community here and I find or at least appears to me that all citizens mix here quite nicely and are accepting of each other especially in the younger people. I think the kids will do great. If you would like info on the school systems just check out my website I have links to the different school systems in this area.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
ktg

9 posts, read 59,681 times
The different races have increased substantially in the last few years. You should have no problem in bentonville or rogers. Both great towns!

Old 12-04-2021, 08:15 AM

28 posts, read 25,076 times
Hi there! Come to Fayetteville! We’re biased bc we live here, but it’s fantastic. Lots of diversity and fun community events. Great biking infrastructure, so your kids can safely ride around town. People are incredible! We don’t have kids, but this would be the place to raise them if we did. I (the wife) got teased a lot as a kid for my religion and looks….that was in deep east TX in the 80s and 90s. Here in Fayetteville, there’s a culture of kindness and embracing our differences. You’ll see all types here, not just tolerated, but celebrated. It’s not perfect; nowhere is. But it’s pretty sweet here! Cmon down. At least for a visit. It’s the best place I’ve ever lived, and I’ve lived all over the world!

Old 12-06-2021, 11:50 AM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiepie75 View Post
im looking to move back home to ark/maybe missouri and have been away for 12 years and worried about how my 2 kids will be accepted they are mixed race white and black..i was thinking maybe springfield can anyone please let me know what you think thank you
Clearly a troll
post from 2007 and only had 1 post in 14 years

Old 12-06-2021, 12:53 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Why was this joke of a thread even resurrected from the dead?

Old 12-06-2021, 08:22 PM

28 posts, read 25,076 times
Weird! I didn’t even notice that bc it popped up as new for me on my phone, for some reason. Sorry about that!!

Old 12-07-2021, 04:31 AM

1,600 posts, read 864,677 times
Zombie thread for sure, but if that person was real, I wonder what they ended up doing? I lived in Springfield from '99 to '05 and couldn't get out of that town fast enough. Would never live there again willingly.

NWA is far superior in all respects, but now getting a little bit expensive in some areas, particularly Bentonville and Fayetteville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas