Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
One hour Sunday.......

Six hours Monday....

Now It's been up since daylight.

It's so.....*erie* to hear the quiet.

Some folks are estimated to be 2 weeks out.

Last year started with a F5 tornado, followed by an ice storm that hung around on the dirt roads for 2 days, followed by 60 mph straight-line winds that took some roofs and trees, followed by massive flooding...

This year...massive ice storm as event one...

The naysayers can trash-talk the Ozarks all they want, but ya know what?

It's anything but boring!
Happy days are here again!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 04:21 PM

807 posts, read 2,514,998 times
Get ready for more bad weather! It's supposed to hit about the time I get ready to go to bed.

It would be a bummer if some of y'all lost electricity again.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenKarber View Post
Get ready for more bad weather! It's supposed to hit about the time I get ready to go to bed.

It would be a bummer if some of y'all lost electricity again.
I am not too worried about the bad weather here tonight except I feel sorry for our little doggy. He just gets scared to death when there is thunder and lightening, I also hope the weather isn't bad tomorrow morning, I have a CatScan scheduled for 9:30am and really want to get it over with .. good luck to those of you who are supposed to get hit the hardest.

Nita

Old 03-11-2009, 06:51 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Weather forecasters are saying Northern Arkansas could be in for another round of ice storms. Lets hope its not so!

Old 03-11-2009, 07:40 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have a CatScan scheduled for 9:30am
Hope that comes out good, Nita.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Weather forecasters are saying Northern Arkansas could be in for another round of ice storms. Lets hope its not so!
I just ain't seeing another ice storm.

I am seeing heavy thunderstorms. This last little wave of warm weather, it got in the 80's here, followed by a cold front, is what shakes things up. We pretty much dodged the bullet on the one last night.

It *is* tornado season, and they will come. I waited until Arkansas ran out of money before having my shelter put in. That way I have something to look forward to in the future.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:02 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,656 times
Several inches of snow are in the forecast for our area, but no ice. I certainly hope they are right. If it is wet snow there can still be more damage.
We have our yard all cleaned up. Did it ourselves.
Our crocus are still blooming, and lots of daffodils. The Cornelian Cherry has been in bloom for at least a week. Anemone blanda is in bloom. ( I love them. ) Forsythia is opening. Quince has large red-orange buds. Hyacinth will soon be in bloom. Something new here almost every day now. Ahhh, spring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas