Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:47 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times

Advertisements

This would be a thread for those who are considering moving to AR.

1)People are generally friendly
2) The traffic isn't that bad
3) We'd love to have you.

Keep it goin' folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 07:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
add,

low cost of living overall
a good mixture of rural and urban, not urban as in huge city life, but good
dining, entertainment, medical facilities, etc
mild weather, most of the time

NIta

Old 02-17-2009, 07:46 AM

570 posts, read 1,582,569 times
Beautiful scenary, all four seasons..... and lot's of water sports.....boating, canoeing, rafting, and more!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
^ I totally agree!

Old 02-17-2009, 09:00 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
I would never be able to live in Arkansas...lol. visit my friends, but wouldn't fit in at all.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,205 times
Shutup! You guys keep telling people how great it is here and then the traffic is going to get worse and cost of living is going to increase! All those Californians are going to come here and snag up property at face value and run up the prices!

To Everyone not in Arkansas: It is a terrible place, a mix of Mogadishu and Mad Max, a cross between Chernobyl and Cuba. We're always constantly at war with our cousins, driving around in heavily modified '59 Chevy Bel Airs and Impalas with guns blazing. Most of us have become immune to the radiation emanating from Russelville. Abandon all hope ye who enter!!!

(Stay off my lawn)

Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
(Stay off my lawn)
Zacto-mundo

I would not put out a "Y'all come down" banner because of what we have.

When people flock in, they want to change things. They want to make it more like, "Where I came from, we did it *this* way".

They want "progress".

How many cries have we heard for more industry, more retail, more, more, more.

Quaint old cities that could use "an influx of business".

Many people take a vacation, and go to find a place to relax. Maybe they go to the country, a resort, Hawaii, wherever. Wherever they can go and not have the light of a "golden arches" sign blaring in their bedroom window or the roar of semi-trucks groaning while they try to sleep.

So why then, at the end of the career, in the fall of life, when the money's made and the kids are gone, would one select a tranquil, peaceful environ, and immediately clamor for it to become the polluted, noisy, overpopulated battlefield they just fled?

I feel that living in Arkansas has many, many advantages.

It also has many, many responsibilities.

Just like the old state park saying, "Leave it like you found it", I don't want your discarded film boxes blowing down my dirt road, nor your billboards infringing on my laying in the grass staring at the millions of stars.

If one wants to go to Fayetteville or Little Rock, and wave their flag of "progress", y'all have at it.

If y'all want to come out here and visit and sit for a spell, I've got libations and tales.

Otherwise, I know many neighbors I speak for as well as myself.....

We're with Arp.

Stay off our lawns too.

All 14,000 acres of it.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:28 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,857,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post

To Everyone not in Arkansas: It is a terrible place, a mix of Mogadishu and Mad Max, a cross between Chernobyl and Cuba. We're always constantly at war with our cousins, driving around in heavily modified '59 Chevy Bel Airs and Impalas with guns blazing. Most of us have become immune to the radiation emanating from Russelville. Abandon all hope ye who enter!!!
The truth surfaces.

Is Arkansas as bad as I personally think it is? Probably not. Too many issues of the past cloud my own judgement of the place.

Before you all go gung-ho on promoting the state, you might want to work on those dismal wages. Low cost of living is no good if wages can't even keep up with that. Sure, there's a couple of towns where wages are decent. Even in those places, however, the money is severely limited to a handful of career paths.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I would never be able to live in Arkansas...lol. visit my friends, but wouldn't fit in at all.
why do you say that? Have you been all over the state..?

Nita

Old 02-17-2009, 01:00 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Why would you not fit in?

If I a black atheist lesbian can somewhat fit in...you can too.
Besides, the more "different" people, the better it gets. Nothing ever changes unless someone challenges it. No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas