Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:01 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,185,309 times

Advertisements

regarding real estate agents---------lets compare them to weathermen.

A weatherman might say it will be sunny this afternoon and it turns out rainy.
A real estate agent will stand in that rain and proclaim the weathrman was right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 12:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
If you look both ways before crossing the street, you can sure look at the wood pile before you pick out firewood.

I agree RogMar. Just look where you step or where you reach to get something and you will be fine.
What's funny about snakes in Arkansas is, it's unlawful to kill them. So I've always heard. This may be the case in other states too, I don't know. If it's a cottonmouth, rattler, or copperhead, It usually develops lead poison around me. I had a green snake in my shrubs last year. I would pull him out and play with him then put him back. Then one day I seen him with one of my lizards in his mouth. I had to carry him up into the woods. Don't mess with a mans lizards or you outta here.

I have an old Chevy Corvair convertible that I bought several years ago. I was going to fix it up but it turned out to be a storage area instead. The other day I went out to get something out of it. When I opened the door, I seen a long snake skin in the floor. Now I know to be more careful when digging through it.

I think this thread was about real estate agents so I guess I could hit that a lick too. When we bought our house in north central Arkansas last year, our realtor was brand new to the business. I think she was honest to us. The first place that we found that we really liked, she informed us that the lady who lived there before had taken her life in the house. I think she had to tell us that by law. My wife wouldn't even go in after that news. Do I believe all agents are completely honest? No I sure don't. But what group of people are going to all be honest? None! That's my 2 cents.
you are right, there are both bad and good in any profession. I can assure you most real estate agents are honest, in fact they have to be very careful what they do say and do for fear they will get reported..An agent saying he or she has never seen a snake or a spider isn't the same as saying there are none. If I asked the question i would expect an honest answer but I don't think anyone has to elaborate by saying something like, well I have only seen one, but last week 6 were round 200 miles from here and if you pick up rocks they may be hiding and oh, by the way a rattle snake bit a dog 2 blocks from here last year...Just an example.

Nita

Old 03-04-2009, 01:45 PM

245 posts, read 761,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
After the many, many real estate people we have dealt with, including one today, I would say they all lie. If you can find me a strait shooter, wouldn't lie if his life depended on it real estate agent, send him/her my way. I alway say that if I can't trust your word, I can't trust you, and real estate is one of those professions that believes that "bending the truth" to make a sale, isn't considered lying.

GRRRR!!!!,
I have been a realtor for several years and I have never lied to anyone.I have said "i DONT KNOW ,LET ME FIND OUT" ...but I HAVE NEVER LIED.sAYING YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN A SNAKE IS A PERSONAL STATEMENT NOT A LIE such as "there are no snakes in AR"

Old 03-04-2009, 01:51 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,313,568 times
I get mixed up whenever 'real estate agents' and 'snakes' pop up in the same sentence.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Has anyone noticed Dwan has not come back to apologize for the insult or to explain her feelings..???''

Nita

Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,694 times
Is there an area on the planet Earth that does not have snakes?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,758,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Is there an area on the planet Earth that does not have snakes?
Ireland. St. Patrick chased them all out remember?

I believe Hawaii also has no native snakes but introduced invasive species are now wreaking habit on bird populations not equipped to handle the tree borne predators.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,242,068 times
I would be more concerned about finding a competent agent than worrying about an agent lying. I've know some honest agents who were incompetent and some less than honest ones who would do a good job. I'll take competency any day. I've lost deals because of incompetent agents.
BTW, there are many who are honest and competent.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:08 AM

5 posts, read 15,920 times
as a former land survey tech, I can tell you that while there are an abundance of snakes in Arkansas, they will not give you that much of a problem. In the 2 years I spent working outside, I only ran into 3 or 4 copperheads. But I've also had a run-in with a water moccasin and they aren't anything to mess with. Very aggressive. You can usually smell them (kind of a dirty sock smell) before they make themselves visible

Old 03-05-2009, 09:26 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost479 View Post
as a former land survey tech, I can tell you that while there are an abundance of snakes in Arkansas, they will not give you that much of a problem. In the 2 years I spent working outside, I only ran into 3 or 4 copperheads. But I've also had a run-in with a water moccasin and they aren't anything to mess with. Very aggressive. You can usually smell them (kind of a dirty sock smell) before they make themselves visible
That's true about their smell, and I have noted the odor of cucumber when encountering a timber rattler.

Allegedly.......the aggressive nature of the water moccasin is a bluff to get threats to retreat.

Now, if one of y'all want to test that theory, make real sure you get back to me with the results.

Ya hear.......?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas