Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:29 AM

83 posts, read 232,177 times

Advertisements

Does Dawn really "owe" anyone an apology? I think not. She voiced an opinion, just as some others have, that wasn't popular. To say she owes someone an apology is ridiculous, sanctimonious CVer. Who died and left you in the role of morality police? Your comments are insulting to me and are causing me to fell "shocked" on Dawns' behalf.. So are YOU going to apologize? Didn't think so... Maybe a few posters here owe her an apology as well? But God knows they wouldn't admit it.
Personally, I agree with her, to a point. And the comment that snakes and realtors in the same sentence cause confusion was a hoot! Seems some people are VERY judgemental about other people being judgemental...
And for the record, every purchase I've ever made involving a realtor, I was lied to. But I expected it, so I was prepared.
nmnita, do you get out much? To say that Dawns comments were some of the most insulting you've ever heard. Well, that just defies imagination. LOL. In your post you are splitting hairs- that realtor knew EXACTLY what she was being asked and was evasive in her response. Basically the same as lying. But it appears that is acceptable to you? No ethics; I hope you don't own a business.

Last edited by gossi1; 03-07-2009 at 10:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 05:35 PM

2,004 posts, read 3,415,335 times
Gussie, this is a photo of a Timber Rattler that I took on the road that goes from Mena up to Queen Wilhelmina Lodge.
Attached Thumbnails
Real Estate Person.. Is she lying????-all-before-12-15-07-068.jpg  

Old 03-07-2009, 09:10 PM

190 posts, read 764,097 times
Gossi1, Thank You for saying what you said and sticking up for Dawn....I feel the same way you do. She certainly did not deserve to be jumped on like that.... To be fair let's hope that not all realtor's are that way.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossi1 View Post
Does Dawn really "owe" anyone an apology? I think not. She voiced an opinion, just as some others have, that wasn't popular. To say she owes someone an apology is ridiculous, sanctimonious CVer. Who died and left you in the role of morality police? Your comments are insulting to me and are causing me to fell "shocked" on Dawns' behalf.. So are YOU going to apologize? Didn't think so... Maybe a few posters here owe her an apology as well? But God knows they wouldn't admit it.
Personally, I agree with her, to a point. And the comment that snakes and realtors in the same sentence cause confusion was a hoot! Seems some people are VERY judgemental about other people being judgemental...
And for the record, every purchase I've ever made involving a realtor, I was lied to. But I expected it, so I was prepared.
nmnita, do you get out much? To say that Dawns comments were some of the most insulting you've ever heard. Well, that just defies imagination. LOL. In your post you are splitting hairs- that realtor knew EXACTLY what she was being asked and was evasive in her response. Basically the same as lying. But it appears that is acceptable to you? No ethics; I hope you don't own a business.
yes, she does but she won't be back and that should be the end of it. She said every real estate agent is dis-honest, no one has the right to say something like that. No one has a right to insult someone like that on these boards in my opinion. Do we have a right to disagree? Centrainly we do, it debate good, fun and healthy? Yes, We have no idea what she was referring to and I, for one, still think she needs to explain why she feels this way.

Do I get out much? OMG, I have seen and done more in my life than most people have even thought of doing, both good and bad..How little you know!!! Were her remarks as insulting as I have heard, probably, the way she attacked an entire profession, yes, they were. I guess I grew up in an era very different than the one you grew up it.

Nita

Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 AM

106 posts, read 470,784 times
Getting back to the OP original concerns about snakes and swimming holes, I tried to find a site that mentioned "beware of snakes" in swimming holes in Arkansas, and found the following site listed below. Which is a charming site that notes swimming holes across the US, including those in Arkansas. Makes a interesting read and worth your time to check it out in my opinion. Much more interesting than debate on ethics, business, and morality of Real Estate industry ... (good luck with that).

SwimmingHoles.info Arkansas Swimming Holes and Hot Springs rivers creek springs falls hiking camping outdoors

Off the site, it does mention some spots in Arkansas with Snake Alert. But then links to another site that states in remote/wild areas, snakes are almost impossible to totally avoid. It continues by stating "Just walk around the snake, giving it a little berth--six feet is plenty. But leave it alone and don't try to catch it."" In other words, leave snakes alone, and they will leave you alone.

Last edited by Fasder; 03-08-2009 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: Further research

Old 03-10-2009, 07:23 PM

87 posts, read 346,267 times
Have lived in AR my entire life (30 years). I grew up on a farm in the country. I have seen rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, copper heads all up-close. Never been bitten. Never known anyone to be bitten. I say I've seen them all up close, but I can probably count on one hand how many snakes in my life I've ran into up close. In general you'd be fine to move here, just keep your eyes open in the summer if you find yourself walking through a field.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:55 AM

4 posts, read 9,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussie View Post
Northern Illinois, where I have lived all my life.. camped out and only saw a few garter snakes.. We don't have the cottonmouths and copperhead problems.. that is why I was asking. I hate snakes so I guess Arkansas is out of the question for me and my dogs...

I lived in northern Illinois until 7 years ago and we had watermoccosins and alot of garter snakes. I have lived in Arkansas for 7 years and usually only see snakes dead in the road by rice fields. We have a vacant field across from us and dont have problems with snakes. And they sell stuff you can spread in your yard to deter snakes. The only different animal I have seen since moving to Arkansas are armadillos,,, mostly dead on the road, and wild box turtles that confuse the crud out of my dogs. they are illegal to catch as a pet...lol. In Illinois they are $40 in pet shops!

Old 03-19-2009, 07:19 AM

271 posts, read 251,523 times
I had a nest of copper heads I found next to my home. I took a shovel and dispatched the little buggers, 6 of the things. I also keep a .22 with shot shells to kill any thing like black snakes I can not get close to. My neighbors said to use a 12 ga. I really don’t care what the law says if it does not have legs it gets its head cut off. Killem all. I also bought a gallon of pest glue catch, I make my own traps and when they get stuck in the trap, it goes in the burn barrel and a little petrol and poof gone. LOL I don’t see many, if you keep them cut down they don’t breed.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
I had a nest of copper heads I found next to my home. I took a shovel and dispatched the little buggers, 6 of the things. I also keep a .22 with shot shells to kill any thing like black snakes I can not get close to. My neighbors said to use a 12 ga. I really don’t care what the law says if it does not have legs it gets its head cut off. Killem all. I also bought a gallon of pest glue catch, I make my own traps and when they get stuck in the trap, it goes in the burn barrel and a little petrol and poof gone. LOL I don’t see many, if you keep them cut down they don’t breed.
boy, I am not coming to visit you in the near future..Not because I think you will shoot me, I certainly don't look like a snake, but I don't want to go anywhere near your yard.

Nita

Old 03-21-2009, 10:52 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
When you're killing a black snake, you may just be killing a king snake, which are very useful. I hear they're territorial, and as other snakes (even poisonous ones) are part of their diet, they can do some of the "cutting down" for you! You really should learn to distinguish poisonous snakes from non-poisonous....there are not very many poisonous ones in Arkansas, so it's an easy matter to remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas