Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:22 AM

511 posts, read 799,701 times

Advertisements

My efforts to keep a positive attitude living while living in the negative zone known as Saline Co. took a major step backwards this morning.

I go out to my car to leave for work and notice that a note is under my windshield wiper. Some jerkward wrote this lovely note:

"Learn to Park!!"

I was shocked and royally pissed. I looked at my car and it was parked within the lines. WTF was this person complaining? From a logical perspective, it is quite retarded to leave a note like this. If someone has a beef with me, how can I rectify my behavior if I don't know exactly why this person thinks I can't park? I could understand if my car was over the line and preventing someone from opening their door, but within the lines??

The incident speaks volumes of the insane level of rude and just downright angry people I encounter in this area. People here get bent out of shape over nothing. Shopping in Walmart is a nightmare. I get honked for being a safe driver because people are so impatient here. Bryant is definitely not the small town paradise CNN is promoting it to be!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 11:42 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
That was incredibly rude not to tell you why you were reprimanded. That's why I carry pre-printed forms like this.

Stupid filter on the site. Click the link and replace the asterisks with a 7 letter word ending in 'hole'.

Last edited by Robert_J; 01-13-2010 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: stupid filter

Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,316,168 times
YES!!! TxDave is back!

I was worried he had been raptured back to Texas.

My favorite town in Texas, btw, is Fink. There's nothing there except for a boarded-up, run-down motel called 'Fink TX Motel'. How creative a name is that?

Anyway, TxDave, sorry to hear about the unjust note. I drop notes on people all the time, but I always make sure I'm in the right before doing so. Just last week, I had to drop a note on the cashier at McDonald's -- 'Your coffee sucks'. I hope that does the trick.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:06 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
I said hello to someone today, they didn't say anything back. Wow everyone in Colorado is so rude! I hold the entire populous of the state responsible for that ONE persons act. In fact, I hold everyone on Earth responsible. Stupid planet.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:21 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,632 times
Learn to post.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:28 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,383,195 times
Wow! Txdave is back!! It's been so calm with him off the Thread for a while.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
My efforts to keep a positive attitude living while living in the negative zone known as Saline Co. took a major step backwards this morning.

I go out to my car to leave for work and notice that a note is under my windshield wiper. Some jerkward wrote this lovely note:

"Learn to Park!!"

I was shocked and royally pissed. I looked at my car and it was parked within the lines. WTF was this person complaining? From a logical perspective, it is quite retarded to leave a note like this. If someone has a beef with me, how can I rectify my behavior if I don't know exactly why this person thinks I can't park? I could understand if my car was over the line and preventing someone from opening their door, but within the lines??

The incident speaks volumes of the insane level of rude and just downright angry people I encounter in this area. People here get bent out of shape over nothing. Shopping in Walmart is a nightmare. I get honked for being a safe driver because people are so impatient here. Bryant is definitely not the small town paradise CNN is promoting it to be!

Thanks so much for your negatives again, obviously because you haven't been here for awhile you haven't found too much to ***** avout. Welcome back.

Nita

Old 01-13-2010, 06:23 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,383,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Thanks so much for your negatives again, obviously because you haven't been here for awhile you haven't found too much to ***** avout. Welcome back.

Nita
Nita. If I remember correctly, the Moderator locked txdave's Thread last time because it got so "out of control".

Old 01-13-2010, 06:36 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
Texas Dave has unique insights which should be commended. He is not "out of control".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
Nita. If I remember correctly, the Moderator locked txdave's Thread last time because it got so "out of control".

Old 01-13-2010, 10:11 PM

511 posts, read 799,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita

Cmon Nita, you don't think this incident is amazingly arrogant and rude? Now I can't even feel comfortable parking in my own freaking parking lot, and I don't bother people. Why are they mean to me here?

I was actually warming up a bit here. The lady at the insurance office was super nice, but then more honking and the note brought back the negative zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas