Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: On Average Which Southeast Asian Country Do You Think Has The Best Looking Ladies ?
The Philippines 41 27.89%
Malaysia 14 9.52%
Burma 3 2.04%
Vietnam 22 14.97%
Singapore 13 8.84%
Laos 1 0.68%
Indonesia 10 6.80%
Cambodia 2 1.36%
Thailand 41 27.89%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:26 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,985,212 times

Advertisements

So how to Ilocanos stack up in ejay1's rating system?

Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
filipinos have dozens of major ethnic groups....no way is she a regular filipno because there is no such thing.....thai is one ethnic group...descending from the tai people of the siam kingdom

regular thai girl
Yep that's indeed a regular thai girl, a bargirl! lol jk I know that's not what you meant, but it could be a funny interpretation of it.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:49 PM

209 posts, read 658,067 times
Quote:
ask any farang what they think of native thai look....not the chinese type
and you shall understand

regular thai type
Where is the source of this picture?? Can you garantee that she is Thai ??
LOL you "FAIL" all farangs in here said.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
There was probably some local mixing, but overall the 'original Thai' are almost as Chinese as the later Chinese immigrants.
Quote:
Water Splashing Festival celebrated in SW China´s tourist spot CCTV-International

Ethnic Dai girls from Yunnan province. They look pretty similar to the Han of the region, no surprise since all these individual ethnic groups were Sinicized throughout Chinese history, and also received invaders from the Han homeland of the North China plain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
But isn't it funny that you'll use pics of modern Wa, even though we're not even talking about them? Why not use pics of modern Dai, since we know that Thais came from Dai. Because they look too East Asian? Sorry bout it... And like I said, Wa are Austro-Asiatic.

Yeah, Austronesians left East Asia 5,000 years ago and kept coming. Thais left East Asia 1,000 years ago and kept coming. Which one is more recent? You yourself said that the last wave of of Austronesian was 700 years ago (and not even from East Asia, but from Borneo, long way off) So the last wave of Austronesian was only 300 years after the first wave of Thais. Again, tell me which migration is more recent...

Austronesians are a much older group in SE Asia, accept it.

Others farangs always say.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I put Singapore, simply because in that nation you can find large amounts of every other ethnic group on this list.

Is there really a significant difference in the way the people from various south east asian countries look? Asking what is the physical difference between a Thai and a Vietnamese is like asking what is the physical difference between a Swede and Norwegian.........There honestly isn't one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightyears View Post
I am Norwegian, and I have been to both Thailand and Vietnam. From my real experieances, at the first impression I thought they were twin in the way of people looks and their life style, but after awhile I noticed there were a little differences in their cutures. Still I think to compare the differences between physical appearances of Thai to Vietnamese, is the same concept to compare physical appearances of Japanese to Korean, Norwegian to Swedish, Iranian to Iragi. The looking of these people are always passing to one another at all the time. You will never know which is which by just only look at their face.
No one here say that "Thai looks like Cambodian" like you do.

You are the only one in here that talk none sence and imageneting of the world you wanted it to be, "like all Visayan looks Korean, all tagalog look Black, all Thai/Lao/Shan/Viet look Cambodian".

"Anyway kid, The world doesn't change like you wanted it to be. STOP DREAMING"

Old 01-11-2013, 05:59 PM

The Dai are sort of different from a lot of modern Thais today. I get what you're saying, but I think those people who say Thai and Vietnamese look identical must not be very observant. Lightyears especially, if he has really been to those countries he can see the cultures are very different. Thailand practices Theravada Buddhism, the architecture is very different, the whole look of the cities is totally different. Maybe he went to Bangkok though which has more Chinese Thais so they look more Viet there.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:14 PM

51 posts, read 174,772 times
Quote:
no dumass....the link says those are aetas/negritos from pampanga...not visayan...
I dont try to trick and lie like you and your thai ladyboy friend does

anyway I take it back that lao dont look thai

I have seen some lao who could pass for thai

example- all posted by your fellow thai brothers
Why Lao people pretends to be Thai people - Asia Finest Discussion Forum
Lao Pictures

anyway, some lao/thai/viet could look like that. i don't deny it. we lao/thai are twin brother that maybe fight one another sometime, but after all we are still brother that couldn't deny. To against an outsider like you we manage to united together.

after all the last fact still remain, doesn't matter how hard you try to argue but there is no way for you to deny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutapong View Post
Thai/Lao

Visayans

After all but the last "FACT" still remain, doesn't matter how hard you try to claim your "Visayan" to have "northeast asian features", but that will never be above "Thai/Lao tones". There is "NO WAY" and "IMPOSSIBLE" for "Visayans" to have more of "Northeast Asian Feature" than "Thai/Lao" do.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Yep that's indeed a regular thai girl, a bargirl! lol jk I know that's not what you meant, but it could be a funny interpretation of it.
Yes, "a regular bargirl" from the country side of Cambodia border.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Yes, "a regular bargirl" from the country side of Cambodia border.
Lol the joke was that the 'regular Thai girl' is a bargirl/prostitute. Of course it's not true, but many a farang might believe it to be the case if most of the women he meets are working girls.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
The Dai are sort of different from a lot of modern Thais today. I get what you're saying, but I think those people who say Thai and Vietnamese look identical must not be very observant. Lightyears especially, if he has really been to those countries he can see the cultures are very different. Thailand practices Theravada Buddhism, the architecture is very different, the whole look of the cities is totally different. Maybe he went to Bangkok though which has more Chinese Thais so they look more Viet there.
It is true, just like you said that some modern Thais may mixed with some local those like austro-asiatic that here before us(Cambodian), so some Thai-austro-asiatic hybird maybe look diffrent from the original Thai.

Just like you said in here
Quote:
There was probably some local mixing, but overall the 'original Thai' are almost as Chinese as the later Chinese immigrants.
By the way, I think Lightyears is focusly on the "physical looking" not the "Culture influence".

Also for those Vietnamese, we all here know that they are "austro-asiatic" which is on the same group as Cambodian. "austro-asiatic" group maybe also from Southern China, but they have been in Southeast Asia a lot longer than Tai-kadai group that just resently came around 13th century just like Smtchll said in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
owned how? Where did I say that they were as sino-looking as Thai-Chinese? I dont know what they looked like, but the fact is, they were from East Asia, not the tropics, so their phenotype wasn't Southeast Asian. And these people came to Thailand only in the last thousand years or so, as opposed to other groups like Austro-Asiatics who were in SE Asia longer, so they were more tropic-adapted.

And yes, everyone knows that Vietnamese are Astro-Asiatic, meaning they have a long history of being in SE Asia, but at the same time, they have a long history of being ruled by Chinese, so that's why they look the way they do and that's why they have a heavily Chinese culture.

That's why Thais and Vietnamese look a little different from other SE Asians. One group migrated from China in just the last thousand years and currently has the largest immigrant Chinese population in the WORLD. The other group was ruled by China for a thousand years. So don't expect most Filipinos to look like either Thais or Vietnamese, but some looks overlap, of course.
If you ask what is the diffrences between Vietnamese and Cambodian.

Vietnamese = been invaded and rules by Chinese
Cambodian = haven't been invade been rule by Chinese

Last edited by Nutapong; 01-11-2013 at 07:23 PM..

Old 01-11-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Lol the joke was that the 'regular Thai girl' is a bargirl/prostitute. Of course it's not true, but many a farang might believe it to be the case if most of the women he meets are working girls.
Yeah... some farang may think so if he only hang out around the "BAR" everyday and do nothing else. "Bar girl" is the only kind of girl that ejay posting in here. All farang that have been living in Thailand knows that most of "Bar girl" are from "Southern Isan"(Cambodia borders), because the area is the poorest in the country. Anyway "Cambodia border people" have nothing to do with ethnic Thai.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
It is true, just like you said that some modern Thais may mixed with some local those like austro-asiatic that here before us(Cambodian), so some Thai-austro-asiatic hybird maybe look diffrent from the original Thai.

Just like you said in here

By the way, I think Lightyears is focusly on the "physical looking" not the "Culture influence".

Also for those Vietnamese, we all here know that they are "austro-asiatic" which is on the same group as Cambodian. "austro-asiatic" groupmaybe also from Southern China, but they have been in Southeast Asia a lot longer than Tai-kadai group that just resently came around 13th century just like Smtchll said in here.

If you ask what is the diffrences between Vietnamese and Cambodian.

Vietnamese = been invaded and rules by Chinese
Cambodian = haven't been invade been rule by Chinese
You're kidding right? Austro-Asiatic is a linguistic term it has nothing to do with genetics. It's the term for the language family that includes Khmer, Vietnamese and Mon, also known as 'Mon-Khmer'.

I'm sure I don't need to bring out the photos to show you how vastly different Cambodians and Vietnamese, the Viet Kinh, not those mixed with Khmer in Southern VN look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia