Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: On Average Which Southeast Asian Country Do You Think Has The Best Looking Ladies ?
The Philippines 41 27.89%
Malaysia 14 9.52%
Burma 3 2.04%
Vietnam 22 14.97%
Singapore 13 8.84%
Laos 1 0.68%
Indonesia 10 6.80%
Cambodia 2 1.36%
Thailand 41 27.89%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,745,280 times

Advertisements

Ejay

Typical rural Visayans...

Typical rural Tagalogs...

There's my proof. Accept it.

That's how you argue. So how is your proof any more credible than mine. I did exactly what you do, except it had the opposite results.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,997,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
ok, 100 years off. You got me....

And Austronesians were not coming directly from China to the Philippines 700 years ago. Dont tell me you believe that. You said it yourself, that migration was from Borneo to the Philippines. Not from China. Long way off. The connection to China goes way back
migration pattern was from china to borneo to visayas...that is the most recent austronesians

Old 01-11-2013, 08:54 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
trimac you know alot about maritime SEAsian history then most of these fools combined
LOL seriously I consider myself pretty ignorant on the subject, it's fun to know but I don't take it too seriously. It seems some folks here take it seriously because they've got some hidden agenda, feel some sort of ethnic/national superiority. I've seen more bitter quarrelling among Asians than between Asians and others and among other groups.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:56 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Those would be actual Chinese, and they did have contact with the Philippines 1,000 years ago. I've read that there were Chinese kingdoms on the island of Luzon. The actual Austronesians left China for Taiwan 5,000 years ago. So people who left China 1,000 years ago were not Austronesians, they were Chinese.

Yeah Central Visayans speak Cebuano, Western Visayas speaks Waray-Waray, Eastern Visayas speaks Illongo. What of it? It doesn't make Cebuanos some distinct group. There is a center of the Visayas, and Cebu is that. There is a center of the Tagalog region and Manila is that.

You didn't answer my question. How are Borneans more East Asian than the Malay people. Did they come from a special place that the Malays didnt come from?
There are still minority Austronesian speaking tribes in Yunnan province, near the Burmese border today, and there have been some surprisingly recent migration, but yes I think the bulk of the migration was probably more than 2,000 years ago at least. I know nothing of Filipino colonies started from Chinese from 'China Proper'.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
migration pattern was from china to borneo to visayas...that is the most recent austronesians
Prove it. Please. So 700 years ago, Austronesians left China, went to Borneo, then to the Visayas. There's absolutely 0 evidence for that.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
LOL seriously I consider myself pretty ignorant on the subject, it's fun to know but I don't take it too seriously. It seems some folks here take it seriously because they've got some hidden agenda, feel some sort of ethnic/national superiority. I've seen more bitter quarrelling among Asians than between Asians and others and among other groups.
yeah it's ejay. Look him up on the internet. He's done this on literally 100 forums, for maybe a decade.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,997,574 times
Quote:
Ejay

Typical rural Visayans...

Typical rural Tagalogs...

There's my proof. Accept it.

That's how you argue. So how is your proof any more credible than mine. I did exactly what you do, except it had the opposite results.
so you took the most malay looking visayans and your comparing them to central luzon people(not tagalog...those look like people from central luzon)

Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
There are still minority Austronesian speaking tribes in Yunnan province, near the Burmese border today, and there have been some surprisingly recent migration, but yes I think the bulk of the migration was probably more than 2,000 years ago at least. I know nothing of Filipino colonies started from Chinese from 'China Proper'.
What is the group called? There are no remnants of Austronesian on Mainland Asia except for the groups that came later from Malaysia

Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
so you took the most malay looking visayans and your comparing them to central luzon people(not tagalog...those look like people from central luzon)
And you've posted pictures of Negritos from Pampangan saying theyre Tagalogs. Dont act innocent. At least the pics I post are actually from the areas I say.

Yes, that pic is from Central Luzon because it's Bulacan. But that's Tagalog, the people you hate who supposedly look Timorese or Aborigine. What about these kids from Cavite.

Why dont they look Timorese?

Old 01-11-2013, 09:09 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,202,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
#side question: Can you Tagalog and Visayan language speakers recognize words in the Malay-language quote above? I'm wondering how much percentage of similarity between these languages with Malay since they are all Austronesian languages with historical linguistic influences from Malay (and therefore Sanskrit).
No. Cannot recognize any words from that Malay language quote. However, there are similar words. In Malay, pig is babi. In the Philippines, it's baboy. The word for child is anak, same as Malay. The most common word that is still the same among most Malay-Polynesian languages is lima, the word for 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia