Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: On Average Which Southeast Asian Country Do You Think Has The Best Looking Ladies ?
The Philippines 41 27.89%
Malaysia 14 9.52%
Burma 3 2.04%
Vietnam 22 14.97%
Singapore 13 8.84%
Laos 1 0.68%
Indonesia 10 6.80%
Cambodia 2 1.36%
Thailand 41 27.89%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:10 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,997,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
And you've posted pictures of Negritos from Pampangan saying theyre Tagalogs. Dont act innocent. At least the pics I post are actually from the areas I say.

Yes, that pic is from Central Luzon because it's Bulacan. But that's Tagalog, the people you hate who supposedly look Timorese or Aborigine. What about these kids from Cavite.

Why dont they look Timorese?
eww see what Im talking about...tagalogs want to claim everything now, like a disease...they want to replace central luzon people and culture....native language there is kapampangan

Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Quote:
What is the group called? There are no remnants of Austronesian on Mainland Asia except for the groups that came later from Malaysia
My mistake, they are Austro-Asiatic not Austronesian.

File:China linguistic map.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,744,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
eww see what Im talking about...tagalogs want to claim everything now, like a disease...they want to replace central luzon people and culture....native language there is kapampangan
most people speak Tagalog. It's a Tagalog area, just North of Manila. Afterall, you said that Manila was the center of the Tagalog region. How can it be the center if just to the North is not Tagalog anymore? Explain that to me.

And what about the second pic I posted?? Why dont they look Timorese like Tagalogs are supposed to.

And I think you've completely missed my point because you're so dumb. I'm not trying to prove that the typical Visayan looks like the kids in the first pic and the typical Tagalogs look like the kids in the second. Finding the typical look of a region is not important to me. Im just showing you how dumb your logic is. Anyone can take a picture from the internet and claim that it's typical of a region. That's not proof. You've take pictures from different areas and claimed that they were from Manila. That's definitely not proof.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM

209 posts, read 657,820 times
Quote:
actually that dance is from pangasinan...so most likely those are ilocanos not tagalogs

and those are people wearing paint on themsevles for a festival you fool

again you thai peasant....stick to thai...and leave filipino ethnic groups to filipinos...because your just a big fail

I dont even need to cherry pick...all I have to do is search for thai people and I get this

1 out of 30, "Nice Try Ejay !" So this is what we call "No Cherry Picking" right?
1 out of 30 LOL "No Cherry Picking" LOL.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutapong View Post

1 out of 30, "Nice Try Ejay !" So this is what we call "No Cherry Picking" right?
1 out of 30 LOL "No Cherry Picking" LOL.
more like 5 out of 10

Old 01-11-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
most people speak Tagalog. It's a Tagalog area, just North of Manila. Afterall, you said that Manila was the center of the Tagalog region. How can it be the center if just to the North is not Tagalog anymore? Explain that to me.

And what about the second pic I posted?? Why dont they look Timorese like Tagalogs are supposed to.

And I think you've completely missed my point because you're so dumb. I'm not trying to prove that the typical Visayan looks like the kids in the first pic and the typical Tagalogs look like the kids in the second. Finding the typical look of a region is not important to me. Im just showing you how dumb your logic is. Anyone can take a picture from the internet and claim that it's typical of a region. That's not proof. You've take pictures from different areas and claimed that they were from Manila. That's definitely not proof.
central luzon have their own language and people...kapampangan...though Im sure the tagalog menace wants to mark it as their territory now

Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
central luzon have their own language and people...kapampangan...though Im sure the tagalog menace wants to mark it as their territory now
Didnt you just say that Manila was the center of the Tagalog region? Center means that you can go North, South, East, and West and you would still be in the Tagalog region. Dont take it back now, you said it, not me. Bulacan is a Tagalog-speaking area. It borders Pampanga, so there are some Kapampangan speaking people near the border, of course.

And besides, I gave you the benfit of the doubt again, and provided another pic from Cavite. What about them? Why dont they look Timorese like they're supposed to?

btw, I'm still waiting on this history lesson....

Quote:
Prove it. Please. So 700 years ago, Austronesians left China, went to Borneo, then to the Visayas. There's absolutely 0 evidence for that.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Didnt you just say that Manila was the center of the Tagalog region? Center means that you can go North, South, East, and West and you would still be in the Tagalog region. Dont take it back now, you said it, not me. Bulacan is a Tagalog-speaking area. It borders Pampanga, so there are some Kapampangan speaking people near the border, of course.

And besides, I gave you the benfit of the doubt again, and provided another pic from Cavite. What about them? Why dont they look Timorese like they're supposed to?

btw, I'm still waiting on this history lesson....
did you not see me talk about southern luzon....central luzon is not tagalog region....it is home to the kapampangans...though Im sure you invasive tagalogs want to claim it now

anyways those children seem to be upperclass chinese-filipinos living in a tagalog region...end of story

Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
did you not see me talk about southern luzon....central luzon is not tagalog region....it is home to the kapampangans...though Im sure you invasive tagalogs want to claim it now

anyways those children seem to be upperclass chinese-filipinos living in a tagalog region...end of story

And all the women you post pics of are upper-class Chinese-Filipinos from the Visayan region. How do you like that?

And I want to hear the story about how Borneans came from China 700 years ago.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 PM

37,131 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Quote:
Prove it. Please. So 700 years ago, Austronesians left China, went to Borneo, then to the Visayas. There's absolutely 0 evidence for that.
There's a few ways to do it through genetics as well as studying languages and cultural customs and looking for where there is greatest variation of a certain classified group. Linguistic studies have Austronesians in terms of people who speak related languages within the Austronesian language family likely having come from China to Taiwan where there is currently the greatest diversity within the Austronesian language family and from there moving southwards to the Philippines and then further. The thing is, none of this really exact and easy to pinpoint as part of how language might speciate is that a group of people speaking one language might break off to another area and end up becoming the more economically dominant group where another group exists and in doing so mixes customs and linguistic attributes of that area into the language. There's also sometimes a constant back and forth flow from one region to another so it's often hard to pinpoint things. The China to Borneo then to the Visayas route seems pretty unlikely since bypassing the Philippines from Taiwan to Borneo and then coming back isn't supported by anything yet.

Also, has anyone here been to Manila and its surrounding area? ejay is doing a crazy job of cherrypicking and that should be obvious to anyone who has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia