Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 05:18 AM

667 posts, read 940,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I dont believe they want Sibera to be their own nation. After all their neighbour is an sleeping Giant and they feel they need all the Russian protection they can get.
Kremlin Regime give nothing to Siberia, except stealing of natural resources, thousands of villages or cities are already death, the people are either unemployment or alcoholic or drug addict.All treasures of Siberia are stolen by Oligarchs, Kremlin and Mafia, money is already stashed away in the Western banks.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:42 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
That's my private business, where I from and why I post it.
But you do post it quite often, so I am trying to understand what's the message that you are trying to bring across. After all people usually start new threads for discussions, not hoping that they'd be buried the next day, isn't it?

Old 07-02-2011, 04:04 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,374 times
Quote:
Any Siberian native will answer you Russia did not need Siberia, for a good bribe Kremlin will made nothing to stop annexation of Siberia by foreign countries. Most of Siberian call themselves not Russians, but Siberian and largely dream that their country will go from Russia away. What is your opinion to this matter?
can you provide an source of the information you provided please?

Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 PM

312 posts, read 909,608 times
Well the mafia sold Alaska to the US for $1 million (!) so it wouldn't surprise me if they sold Siberia too.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:21 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolpioni View Post
Well the mafia sold Alaska to the US for $1 million (!) so it wouldn't surprise me if they sold Siberia too.
How do you explain the Kuril Islands, which Russia occupies and Japan wants it back.

The disagreement over the southern Kuril islands, known in Japan as the northern territories, has long been a sticking point between the two countries. It also kept the two countries from signing a peace treaty ending their second world war hostilities.

Medvedev told cabinet ministers that Russia must strengthen its presence there and that the new weapons would protect the islands as an "inalienable part of Russia".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...-dispute-japan

Old 07-02-2011, 05:26 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,160,449 times
Quote:
Any Siberian native will answer you Russia did not need Siberia, for a good bribe Kremlin will made nothing to stop annexation of Siberia by foreign countries. Most of Siberian call themselves not Russians, but Siberian and largely dream that their country will go from Russia away. What is your opinion to this matter?
All your base are belong to us.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:46 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,181,569 times
Quote:
You can ask her why in the last population census ( 2010 ) more as 25 % of people called themselves "Siberian". Most of youth Siberian traveled every year to Japan or China, but were almost never in the European Part of Russia.
Japan and China are next door neighbor, it makes sense to me.

I'd also expect Los Angeles people to visit Mexico more often than they'd go to Boston.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:23 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
Quote:
And the US does not help its states (see Louisianna and California).
We need to mind our own business and stay out of other's sovereign domains.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:28 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
can you provide an source of the information you provided please?
Moscow To Take Siberian Identity Into Account In Nationality Policy, United Russia Deputy Says

georgiandaily.com - Russian Census Takers Refusing to Enter

https://www.kyivpost.com/news/opinio...detail/104647/

It's very much a strictly domestic issue at this point, so it's no surprise that there isn't much reporting of it in non-Russian, English-language media. There are other sources out there, but it's not generally something that'll just pop up on the google news reader for the average north american internet user.

Anyhow, I doubt Siberia will be sold/taken away as stated, but I do think there can and will be unrest if the Russian kleptocracy continues as is. However, I have doubts that it will continue that way.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:50 AM

463 posts, read 1,129,659 times
Quote:
Nonsense, Siberians are Russians, except some minorities, which also think of themselves as Russians and are very russified.

Siberia is to Russia what the mid-west is to the US, a more sparcely populated area with some tougher people and worse roads, but they are still Russians/Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia