Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,932,559 times

Advertisements

Being from North Jersey, I found the korean girls that immigrated here really, really good looking, on par with the white females. My god, they had large chests, big asses, smooth skin, and skimpy clothes.

Korea since ancient times has been known for beautiful women. The chinese emperors have always sought concubines from there, as well as the shoguns of japans, and nomad chieftains.

I doubt that fifty years of Communist rule in North Korea will undermine those genetics too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 05:17 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,406,517 times
I think their features are naturally attractive they way they are. I would personally be less attracted if I found a girl had major plastic surgery like changing her nose shape, etc.. I like them the way nature made them.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:30 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,395,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
south korean men are prolific sex travellers. banned from marrying women in several countries, cambodia for example. rest assured, if the north opened up south korean guys would be the dominant group trying to get the girls
I've heard the rumors of the sex tourism, but I thought the ban was because of the cases of foreign brides being physically abused and in a couple of cases killed by their husbands.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:35 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
I think many of the women in those photos are extremely beautiful. But then, so are plenty of South Korean women as well...

I went to junior high school in an area south of Seattle with many Koreans and had lots of Korean friends as a kid; additionally, my grandfather fought in the Korean war and was a great admirer of Korean culture. He passed away when I was nine, but even up to that point, he'd encouraged me to go visit Korea someday, or possibly consider becoming a missionary there. By the time I hit junior high, I was like... well, no wonder... Thanks, grandpa!

My grandmother is from a Northern Scandanavian/Russian Asiatic ethnic minority. I'm sure he was in hog heaven during WW2 and Korea (all the war stuff aside).

Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
I think their features are naturally attractive they way they are. I would personally be less attracted if I found a girl had major plastic surgery like changing her nose shape, etc.. I like them the way nature made them.
I used to live in LA's Koreatown and still get a lot of groceries there, and although yeah, there are plenty of attractive women there one way or the other, you do see a fair number of women who are surgically enhanced to a mindboggling point. It's usually much higher-quality work than the Angelina Jolie-wannabe, botox-lipped monstrosities you see here in Beverly Hills, but, it's still definitely not natural looking. A lot of them seem to get work done to try to make themselves look hapa; light hair treatments, a button nose with a ridge, eyelid surgeries, lip injections, bust and occasionally butt enhancements, blue or green colored contacts, etc. When you see them walking around with a husband who looks like Psy and a gaggle of little black-haired, obviously-100%-Korean kids, it makes the whole spectacle all the more absurd.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,710,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Being from North Jersey, I found the korean girls that immigrated here really, really good looking, on par with the white females. My god, they had large chests, big asses, smooth skin, and skimpy clothes.

Korea since ancient times has been known for beautiful women. The chinese emperors have always sought concubines from there, as well as the shoguns of japans, and nomad chieftains.

I doubt that fifty years of Communist rule in North Korea will undermine those genetics too bad.
It depends. There was an excellent documentary put out a few years ago by the BBC that kind of took you behind the scenes in North Korea. The first time ever that some sort of freedom was given to see daily life. The tour guide for the camera crew was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. Most of the women working in the performing arts were also gorgeous. Things changed though when they went in to the real villages. The effects of decades of malnutrition, pollution, and a general hard life can be seen on the faces of the woman and men. A woman that is 25 looked closer to 50. I didn't see too many models in the country side. The same can be seen in almost any country that has gone through decades of war or famine. Afghanistan is another good example.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,554 times
South Koreans hate North koreans!!!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 AM

376 posts, read 652,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post

I showed those photos to a young S. Korean engineer I work with to get his take...I'm managing a contract with a well known Korean He said most of the girls he could tell were from N. Korea rather than South. He also said over 70% of Seoul girls have cosmetic surgery....primarily on their eyes and nose. I worked 9 months in Seoul nad found the girls there to be very aesthetically plasing to look at....very concerned about their weight, dress, makeup, etc. They tend to wear very skimpy clothes...driving teh Saudis there crazy I might add.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Yeah definitely a lot more natural than S.Korea. Like that K-pop girl group Girl's Generation, sure they're pretty, but they all look the same to me, there's something sort of generic about their look. I think Korean women are overrated in general although there are natural beauties, as the photos shows.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah definitely a lot more natural than S.Korea. Like that K-pop girl group Girl's Generation, sure they're pretty, but they all look the same to me, there's something sort of generic about their look. I think Korean women are overrated in general although there are natural beauties, as the photos shows.
Oh yeah, Girl's Generation. Majority of the time they can't sing (well, a lot of Korean band group can't sing) but they're famous because they're cute.

Anyway, I used to listen to Korean music and watch Korean drama like crazy to the point where I was obsessed. I think Asian countries are more focus with the cutesy look (girls' generation, N2E1, wonder girls, Song Hye Kyo (she was considered the most beautiful actress in SK)).

Just found an article: One in five women in Seoul have gone under the knife as South Korea tops global list of plastic surgery procedures | Mail Online

And I noticed that (a little off topic) Indian women seem to be pretty confident and are more 'meaty' compare to Korean women. I used to watch a lot of Indian movies as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia