Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2014, 10:14 PM

282 posts, read 707,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_kristy View Post
source?
I'll get back to you on that boss. It's his interview (Mr Ang of SMC).

Old 06-25-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
NO way! Is that for real?!!! That's my hometown!!! LOL I should know about that.
Yes it is. call your relatives they will tell you everything on that huge project by the Iglesia ni Cristo.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_kristy View Post
WRONG. You just need to be a highschool graduate to be a call center agent in the Philippines. The main requirement is having a good command of the English language. You know, being able to express yourself in English, carry out a conversation with a native speaker.
Actually andrea was right, there is some shortage of call center agents now in metro manila. A high schooler would do, as long as he has the capacity to talk and get the american accent .. at roughly 700 - 1k usd per month. Also a 911 rescue line is much higher. @ 2k usd sometimes. still cheap if you compare with call center agents in the states which charge at per hr. basis.. Phl is serving almost the 54 states of the US. and other english countries in the world.

Now count the revenues, the industry.. on what it can provide to an ordinary pinoy family.

don't be little that industry, it will bring the nation to the next level i'm telling you.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:56 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Actually andrea was right, there is some shortage of call center agents now in metro manila. A high schooler would do, as long as he has the capacity to talk and get the american accent .. at roughly 700 - 1k usd per month. Also a 911 rescue line is much higher. @ 2k usd sometimes. still cheap if you compare with call center agents in the states which charge at per hr. basis.. Phl is serving almost the 54 states of the US. and other english countries in the world.

Now count the revenues, the industry.. on what it can provide to an ordinary pinoy family.

don't be little that industry, it will bring the nation to the next level i'm telling you.
And what about you belittling our natural resource reliance? we are using the money we get from selling resources to develop the nation into a new level, we aren't going to sell resources for all of our lifetime like Brunei did. Indonesia is also plagued by corruption, its also a factor that hamper the nation's growth.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
And what about you belittling our natural resource reliance? we are using the money we get from selling resources to develop the nation into a new level, we aren't going to sell resources for all of our lifetime like Brunei did. Indonesia is also plagued by corruption, its also a factor that hamper the nation's growth.
did I belittle your natural resources? or u just getting it the wrong way?

I even said abundant / rich though. okay sorry if your getting my message wrong.
It's natures gift to your country, for Indonesians... export/selling those outside would somehow good for your economy but my question is, until when are you goin to sell? the possibility of exploiting your resources of some foreign capitalists is a big risk. We've once experienced those, timber in particular.. now our nation pays off to those natural disasters as a result of those lost/ exported logs..

geezzz

Last edited by Coach Rajko; 06-25-2014 at 11:19 PM..

Old 06-25-2014, 11:50 PM

Electric Jeepney to change the Manila Jeepneys soon

Targeted to be mass produced around the country. 4k units this year for metro manila

President Obama impressed with the e-jeepney during his visit here.

Though its not new for the Philippines, the previous e-jeepney wayback 2007

credit to gma news, greenpeace

Old 06-26-2014, 12:09 AM

Modernized traditional PNR Running from Manila to Bicol provinces (Almost 500kms stretch)
@ 121 years in service

de luxe unit

[/url]

economy class

Old 06-26-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
did I belittle your natural resources? or u just getting it the wrong way?

I even said abundant / rich though. okay sorry if your getting my message wrong.
It's natures gift to your country, for Indonesians... export/selling those outside would somehow good for your economy but my question is, until when are you goin to sell? the possibility of exploiting your resources of some foreign capitalists is a big risk. We've once experienced those, timber in particular.. now our nation pays off to those natural disasters as a result of those lost/ exported logs..

geezzz
yest hats the point, the thing is what can developing country can really offer, most investor from the developed world are scouring for resource. And as i said we arent going to sell it forever, thats why we banned the ore export. There are plans to change the way money are made here of course. The resource do help this country from being one of the poorest to a slightly better ones, so thats positive.

Philippines arent alone when it comes to resources exploitation as you understand, the thing is resources are already being exploited here. If the government's plan to change progress well we wouldnt be relying on selling natural reserve by 2020-2025.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
yest hats the point, the thing is what can developing country can really offer, most investor from the developed world are scouring for resource. And as i said we arent going to sell it forever, thats why we banned the ore export. There are plans to change the way money are made here of course. The resource do help this country from being one of the poorest to a slightly better ones, so thats positive.

Philippines arent alone when it comes to resources exploitation as you understand, the thing is resources are already being exploited here. If the government's plan to change progress well we wouldnt be relying on selling natural reserve by 2020-2025.
Well okay. for sure it will boost your economy while you have still minerals to export. now question, what's the next stage after Indonesia reach the point to stop exporting those? just asking on that, don't get me wrong mate.

another question, was / is there a law or effort in Indonesia addressing the growing population? what's the stand of the state religion in that issue? this would affect your economy eventually. again, just asking.

Here in Phl. the congress ratified the Reproductive Health bill (family planning) even if the conservative catholic disagrees. Meaning, contraceptives and other measures except abortion is legal now.

Thanks mate

Old 06-26-2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Well okay. for sure it will boost your economy while you have still minerals to export. now question, what's the next stage after Indonesia reach the point to stop exporting those? just asking on that, don't get me wrong mate.

another question, was / is there a law or effort in Indonesia addressing the growing population? what's the stand of the state religion in that issue? this would affect your economy eventually. again, just asking.

Here in Phl. the congress ratified the Reproductive Health bill (family planning) even if the conservative catholic disagrees. Meaning, contraceptives and other measures except abortion is legal now.

Thanks mate
Currently its all processing plants and manufacturing, to be industrilized more is the objective and increase the wealth standard as well job availability. Its a start atleast from being overelying on selling ores to processing it, eventually we would be the one buying it from other country.

We dont have state religion, there is no law againts birth control or abortion or contraceptive. Birth control has been playing role since the 60s and is regularly promoted. People definitely dont have as much kids as before back in the 60s even for the poorer families in the rural area. Population growth however is still there and i dont think there is much pressure currently to slow it down. (Atleast currently) population growth are likely to damage the fragile biodiversity however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.