Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 02:21 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times

Advertisements

I am a Filipino and even though I don't live there any more it will still always be a place I would love to come home to. It's sad that despite the Philippines having huge shopping malls and Western lifestyle, infrastructure is really really poor. It annoys me to see the Politicians in the country having so much money and assets that most of them are able to send their children to the best schools in the UK and America but they do not invest in the infrastructure at all. They go abroad and see how the governments in other countries invest in their infrastructure yet they do not care at all to do the same for the Philippines. I also wish jeepneys will be eradicated and will be completely changed into buses as jeepneys look so messy on the roads. There are too many jeepneys filling the roads and these jerpneys cause so much pollution. I also hate the fact that the Filipinos do not have any discipline at all, they throw things everywhere and do not care at all to keep the country clean. Vendors are also annoying because they are so messy.Even the ones who have a store/shop they still occupy the place outside where it's already supposed to be for the people to pass. There are just so many things that need to be changed in the Philippines, I guess it needs a stricter government, maybe something similar to Communist to impose rules and discipline.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:53 AM

6 posts, read 11,047 times
Hello, fellow-Filipina. Yes, though I also love the country as I love our beaches, and how I felt secured at home in Davao, I ALSO agree that it has a lot that should be improve. Though we wanted to be ideally good, bad and dirty politics, wich results to poor quality of projects - infra, etc., not-strict policies. And, about the jeepneys, indeed it adds to the pollution.

I'm just a newbie here, and I love it so much that more members posted under my thread, I guess I picked the right title.

And to Ms. Hermossa, take care and may God pours upon you blessings of good health and happiness above all to where you are right now.

More power.

Nell

Old 07-30-2013, 10:05 AM

6 posts, read 11,047 times
Thanks for all your responses, be it positive or negative, and yes, I totally agree to all of the description that were identified.

White-sand (we also have pink, black..) beaches and islands, music and musicians, Manny Pacquiao, balut (Baluts' nice), people'with'other'culture-friendly people, as good workers (thank yo for recognizing that).

And with government, crimes, corruption, kidnappings(but not often, some bad-pax do this, not just here in the RP).

To my fellow-Filipino who are not in the Philippines(no Filipinas, the bill didnt succeed i think, there are other probs to addressed first than having the 'F' in Pilipinas), anyway, be safe wherever you are and God bless, may he always be there in our hearts to guide us, and I also pray for happiness all throughout this winding road of life.

NELL

Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Hello Nellinnz ! Thank you so much for your kind words . I wish the same for you

Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellinnz View Post
Thanks for all your responses, be it positive or negative, and yes, I totally agree to all of the description that were identified.

White-sand (we also have pink, black..) beaches and islands, music and musicians, Manny Pacquiao, balut (Baluts' nice), people'with'other'culture-friendly people, as good workers (thank yo for recognizing that).

And with government, crimes, corruption, kidnappings(but not often, some bad-pax do this, not just here in the RP).

To my fellow-Filipino who are not in the Philippines(no Filipinas, the bill didnt succeed i think, there are other probs to addressed first than having the 'F' in Pilipinas), anyway, be safe wherever you are and God bless, may he always be there in our hearts to guide us, and I also pray for happiness all throughout this winding road of life.

NELL
Regarding the changing of the 'P' to 'F' is a long overdue. Like they said little by little, You'll go up north they used 'Filipinas', Just like the 'GUMIL Filipinas', they are Philippine Association of Ilocano writers.

GUMIL Filipinas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Filipinas Magazine - Filipinas Online - The Community Journal for Filipinos Worldwide

A part of history of the Filipino and Filipinas that shouldn't be forgotten.

There was no law regarding the using of Pilipinas or even the used of Filipinas because our constitution was written in English and Philippines is english translation; and Pilipinas was used because of the old A-BA-KA-DA which doesn't have the additional 8 letters in Filipino Alphabet. They already removed the A-BA-KA-DA since 1987, Now that there is letter 'F' & it do exist in Philippine Languages or with the 'F' sound. They wanted to return it back to it's original which we used during our 1898 Independence, an Historical past when everyone was united as a new Independent Nation which didn't last.

This should have corrected when they already changed the Pilipino for both language and Nationality to FILIPINO. Now, we actually both using Pilipinas & Filipinas referring to our country, Pilipino and Filipino referring to Nationality and Language. This symbolizes also that 'F' letter represents the Indigenous tribe as part of our Nation Building.

The job of Virgilio Almario & his group is to developed more our national language based on the Philippines existing languages. Language is very much important specially for the Philippines that has more than 120 ethnic languages that you acknowledge them on building the National Language and Country, Like they said 'DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LANGUAGE BEHIND', Our National Language was not even used correctly by the media or even schools that is why a lot are not aware of the evolution and history of our language. Some feels the Tagalog Imperialism for forcing the non-tagalog speakers to speak a language that doesn't belong to their native tongue. That's why the Filipino was born from previously tagalog to Pilipino.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:27 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,788,592 times
ejay and co

Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,788,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Balut, good food (just not balut), crime, corruption, good people, nice beaches, very poor areas, terrible government.
Outside the Philippines pinoy food doesn't have a good reputation. People think of balut, a lot of pig organs in dark sauces, mysterious dark gravies. That's why you see a million Thai, Vietnamese restaurants but almost no Filipino ones. maybe someone should open one with really good fil cuisine?

Old 08-01-2013, 02:16 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellinnz View Post
Hi, im nell.

YES! I am from the Philippines, I am new here. I just wanted to hear from you 'what can you say upon hearing our country, the Philippines?'

Excited with your responses.

All the best for all of us, have a great day ahead.
I loved the Philippines. Beautiful countryside, friendly people, best diving in the world, and absolutely filthy cities. I miss lechon manok, especially the gravy, and not banana ketchup at all.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:36 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,420,348 times
balut, bundok, barrio

Old 08-01-2013, 03:58 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,328,392 times
Back in 1989. when my personal life was at loose ends, I fulfilled a promise I made to myself that if things ever got really stale, I'd find someone from a very different background, such as an immigrant who ight be able to use some help.

So I was introduced to a family of four sisters emigrating to Canada, and over the next couple of years, was able to learn a lot about both the positive and negative sides of this unique nation (For anyone seeking a good one- read introduction, I'd recommend Stanley Karnow's book In Our Image) and build some great memories in the process.

A personal romance was not in the cards, but the "Filipino crew" and I still keep in touch. The adaptability and ambition of Filipinos seeking to better themselves (they are, to cite one example, the largest single contingent of merchant sailors) is a testimomy to their fortitude,

They will go a long way, in more ways than one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia