Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:13 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
No the Chinese seldom make the 'most beautiful' lists. Make not explicitly trying to look like white people, but features which, while not uncommon among Chinese, are still more 'moderate', so to speak. N.Chinese and Japanese tend to have smaller, sharper noses than SEA's and some Southern Chinese, although their eyes are smaller in general. Many Chinese want larger eyes, double-eyelids, perhaps a more pronounced bridge. Many Chinese take great pains to avoid the sun to stay pale - go to rural China and you'll see very tanned Chinese men and women.
Which I think the 'most beautiful' lists are heavily biased in favor of more slightly mestizo looking women these days. Pretty much all the Miss Universe contests are won by latinas who look mostly white, but have soft mestizo features. I think that the pale, blonde, Nordic archetype of beauty is being replaced by more southern European/South American. It's a shame, really. I find east Asians to be extremely attractive, but I do realize that most Western people do not. When Westerners think of hot babes, they think of Brazilians; not Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.

I'd like to know, how many of the Chinese female celebrities have had plastic surgery? I find the actress Zhang Ziyi to be a 7.5/10 on the attractiveness scale. Shame if she had plastic surgery

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 11-30-2013 at 10:23 PM..

Old 12-01-2013, 01:49 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Which I think the 'most beautiful' lists are heavily biased in favor of more slightly mestizo looking women these days. Pretty much all the Miss Universe contests are won by latinas who look mostly white, but have soft mestizo features. I think that the pale, blonde, Nordic archetype of beauty is being replaced by more southern European/South American. It's a shame, really. I find east Asians to be extremely attractive, but I do realize that most Western people do not. When Westerners think of hot babes, they think of Brazilians; not Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.

I'd like to know, how many of the Chinese female celebrities have had plastic surgery? I find the actress Zhang Ziyi to be a 7.5/10 on the attractiveness scale. Shame if she had plastic surgery
Yes that's the 'in' thing right now, although I notice quite a few men who are into the Asians, and a few women too. Jennifer Hawkins was the last Australian winner of Miss Universe but I don't think she's that great. She was the archetypal Nordic blonde look though.

Well quite a few have, and quite a few have rumoured to have. Zhang doesn't look as Caucasoid as say Fan BingBing (who was rumoured to have work done), she has that classical Chinese beauty. Sort of pretty but in a subdued, delicate way. I find the preferred look in Korea for more cutesy faces and slim, tall figures.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:44 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,487,090 times
Quote:
Maybe psuedo-Caucasian is a bit extreme, but much of the plastic surgery is designed to minimise more extreme oriental features.
That happens everywhere. If that's their ideal, so be it. Can't blame excessive surgery on other people. Never mind the fact that not only "Caucasians" have those kind of eyes.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:53 AM

97 posts, read 147,225 times
The indian subcontinent. No contest.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:03 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,091,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
As a white guy, I'd say the poor countries that see white people as ATM Machines. Basically that includes Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia.

Once people have money, they tend to want to date and marry their own kind, Korea comes to mind with that one. I noticed that most Malaysians want to marry within their ethnic group as well.

I think it's ONLY philippines that really hold white people up on a pedestal, although its also very tied to MONEY. Thailand loves white people, but its not a pedestal situation, its ONLY about MONEY. They make that very clear and obvious.
Pedestal ? That is I think a little bit too much !
Filipino women might be more open compare to other Asian when it comes to dating and marrying white men due to the 333 years of Spanish colonisation and 50 years of American occupation but putting white men on a pedestal is a little bit too much.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:18 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Pedestal ? That is I think a little bit too much !
Filipino women might be more open compare to other Asian when it comes to dating and marrying white men due to the 333 years of Spanish colonisation and 50 years of American occupation but putting white men on a pedestal is a little bit too much.
Didn't someone say here many Filipino women aspire to have mixed race children?

Old 12-01-2013, 10:31 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,116,314 times
Quote:
Well it's their choice but I don't think all of them put white men on pedestal. There are other races that they like not just white. Who are we to judge other people's choice just like that.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Well it has to do with seeing mestizo kids during colonial times and when Philippine cinema started, everyone was really mixed. A pure Filipino could never invade it unless if they portray being maids, drivers or comedians.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:37 AM

I just think it is too much to say putting white men on pedestal. It is quite conceited for a man to say that. Filipino women are just more open because they had more exposure to western men and the culture is more western.

I don't put my husband on a pedestal... He's also White. It's him who puts me on a pedestal

Old 12-01-2013, 10:45 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,116,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I just think it is too much to say putting white men on pedestal. It is quite conceited for a man to say that. Filipino women are just more open because they had more exposure to western men and the culture is more western.

I don't put my husband on a pedestal... He's also White. It's him who puts me on a pedestal
^lol 'haba ng buhok mo' (you got a long hair)

I also have uncles who are white and even black or even cousins who are Non-Filipinos some are Asian too whom they met in the US too & they don't put them on pedestal and it's because they were attracted to each other and love each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia