Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 09:47 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,788,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastardised View Post
I'm Malaysian Chinese, and on the contrary to your experience I don't see many Chinese who look like Lin Dan at all. There are those who look more southern and some who look more northern, but I can tell that both groups are not atypical as East Asians. It's hard to explain. Likewise, there are Koreans and Japanese who don't look very Chinese but are clearly East Asians.
My dad is Malaysian and I've been there many times, I also know many Malaysians here and many look like him. He doesn't look typical Malay, although there is an overlap. Chinese Malaysians vary, the Hakka look more 'northern', while Hainanese in particular look more 'Southeast Asian.' But yeah, his look is very common.

Yeah I can often but not always tell Koreans and Japanese. There are some Koreans who look unmistakably Korean, like Daniel Dae Kim: Daniel Dae Kim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and some who are more Chinese. Some Koreans have really wavy/curly hair (some Chinese too) for instance. Likewise a lot of these girls look pretty decidedly Japanese:
Favorite Japanese Female Celebrities on Vimeo. Or Ken Watanabe Ken Watanabe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:21 AM

101 posts, read 326,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
My dad is Malaysian and I've been there many times, I also know many Malaysians here and many look like him. He doesn't look typical Malay, although there is an overlap. Chinese Malaysians vary, the Hakka look more 'northern', while Hainanese in particular look more 'Southeast Asian.' But yeah, his look is very common.

Yeah I can often but not always tell Koreans and Japanese. There are some Koreans who look unmistakably Korean, like Daniel Dae Kim: Daniel Dae Kim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and some who are more Chinese. Some Koreans have really wavy/curly hair (some Chinese too) for instance. Likewise a lot of these girls look pretty decidedly Japanese:
Japanese girls look pretty "Japanese" alright, but I think the males stand out more. People like Matsumoto Jun, Kamenashi Kazuya, Matsuyama Kenichi, etc are those that I find hard to imagine as either Chinese or Korean. The girls can still barely pass, but not the guys.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:26 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,788,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastardised View Post
Japanese girls look pretty "Japanese" alright, but I think the males stand out more. People like Matsumoto Jun, Kamenashi Kazuya, Matsuyama Kenichi, etc are those that I find hard to imagine as either Chinese or Korean. The girls can still barely pass, but not the guys.
I think they both look equally Japanese, males and females.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:40 AM

440 posts, read 661,886 times
In the US, Filipino women is the most numerous among asian women from different countries that date/marry a white man.

In some other Asian culture, Western men and western culture may sometimes not appreciated. Westerners are not hated, but many Asian parents tell their kids not to date western people and act like westerners due to some negative opinions on westerners' view of relationship and marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRittle123 View Post
Filipinos are big on marrying white men. But it's mostly for money and status. Love is usually a byproduct that comes afterwards if they're lucky.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 AM

2,019 posts, read 3,191,885 times
In Indonesia (Jakarta), American men have it made. Even the most physically unattractive American male can attract many native women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia