Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 12:56 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times

Advertisements

It's not secret that many Asian women, especially East and Southeast (less so South and West) specifically go after Caucasian men. They might want the lifestyle, money for them and their families, or they might use it as a ticket to move to a wealthy country. There are also those who put white men on a pedestal, or at least are enamoured by the image they have of Hollywood or television male beauties and might have a particular fascination with going after them, like a kind of 'white fever.' I'm not, of course, saying all Asians who are attracted to whites are that way - we're all humans and many people just happen to fall in love. Perhaps nowadays it'll be seen as less as as 'fetish' but no big deal.

Of course, the majority of women in Asia will date, marry and have kids with Asian men, but culturally speaking, in which country do women seem to put white men on a pedestal, see them as superior, or fetishize them?

What about the men? Would it be those same countries?

In Thailand the Philippines the situation is different as it seems mostly older or undesirable men who are in relationships with women due to economic factors, whereas in Japan it seems there are many with 'gaijin' fetishes, both men and women. Foreign hosts and hostesses, for instance, are particularly popular there.

It seems less the case in India due to inherent conservatism, cultural differences and the fact they have a lot of their own stars and heartthrobs. It seems the same with Korea too.

Singaporeans are of course more used to other peoples, but some do seem more into Western things, and might prefer to marry someone from a western country, particularly if they're white.

The Middle East is different since they're Caucasoid anyway and look more similar to S.Europeans, but it still seems some have a thing for blondes.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:02 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,086,639 times
Pedestal doesn't sound so nice... Can we just say attracted to white men ?

There are still so many in the Philippines who are not attracted to White men. I guess most upper class are not.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 11-30-2013 at 01:13 AM..

Old 11-30-2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Pedestal doesn't sound so nice... Can we just say attracted to white men ?
Okay let's just say preferential attraction, haha. Sorry I might've hit a nerve . But yeah I'm guessing the Phils are up there? haha

Old 11-30-2013, 01:05 AM

I am attracted to Italian/ Arab looking men.
I am not into blond men at all ( blond hair, light eyes and light skin ) except English actor Bradley James ( King Arthur in Merlin series ).

Old 11-30-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
I am attracted to Italian/ Arab looking men.
I am not into blond men at all ( blond hair, light eyes and light skin ) except English actor Bradley James ( King Arthur in Merlin series ).
I find some Indian women pretty attractive, they're a sizeable minority in Singapore 9-10%.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I find some Indian women pretty attractive, they're a sizeable minority in Singapore 9-10%.
Pure or Indian - English women ? Some if their actresses really do look good.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Pure or Indian - English women ? Some if their actresses really do look good.
Pure ones...I do admit it's usually the lighter skinned ones (not European light, but like a medium brown. more typical northern Indian?).

On the subject of 'Chindians'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuAjvLf1agg

Old 11-30-2013, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Pure ones...I do admit it's usually the lighter skinned ones (not European light, but like a medium brown. more typical northern Indian?).

On the subject of 'Chindians'...

The perfect Chindian couple - YouTube
I didn't know that there are also some Indians who marry Chinese in Malaysia. I actually thought they do not go together as both are quite conservative in terms of interracial marriages. Interesting !

Old 11-30-2013, 02:16 AM

Quote:
I didn't know that there are also some Indians who marry Chinese in Malaysia. I actually thought they do not go together as both are quite conservative in terms of interracial marriages. Interesting !
It's not super common, but it does happen. It's more likely than Chinese-Malay intermarriage, or Hindu/Christian Indian and Malay due to religious reasons.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:21 AM

808 posts, read 1,877,633 times
I don't think there are any Asian countries that don't put white people and western culture on a "pedestal," so really this question is like splitting hairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia