Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 05:01 PM

408 posts, read 723,800 times

Advertisements

Do they have to hide it from your parents? Is it common to have sex before marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 05:14 PM

81 posts, read 246,857 times
no such thing
parents pick your wife and you marry

Old 04-30-2014, 06:15 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,549,532 times
Depends on where you live. The rural areas and urban sprawls offer completely different perceptions. That being said, arranged marriage is still big. But it's not as strict or rigid as it was decades ago. As far as dating is concerned, I dated a quite a few Indian women in Bangalore about 10 yrs back. Sex? Well, it depends on the person. One night stands are not common but it happens. Generally, I wouldn't expect much unless it's a serious long term relationship. All that talk about virgins and God fearing housewives is BS. My friend worked the modeling circuit out there and he would be harassed by Indian MILFs (usualy the wealthy wives of industrialists and that sort). I still remember one such woman prepared to send him an airplane ticket and driver to spend a weekend with her, while the husband was gone for a business trip. Make sure you got cash, the look, the bod, etc. It surely helps just like anywhere else.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:27 PM

408 posts, read 723,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
As far as dating is concerned, I dated a quite a few Indian women in Bangalore about 10 yrs back.
Are you indian? I ask because I would be generally surprised if a white guy managed to date indian girls.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,828,491 times
Yeah most Indian girls are very conservative. You don't really hear of a lot of foreign men going there to find wives let alone sex. There are of course exceptions, but I imagine it has to be quite hush hush.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:04 PM

23,251 posts, read 29,098,666 times
When I was in India/Mumbai, one time, I curiously looked through a city newspaper and looked at the Marriage Partner Wanted column. Obviously, they're heavily into Astrology. How many times did I see it?
Please send your Horoscope/Chart for consideration!

And what are they looking for? For a woman, a man who has the potential to have a good paying job, a man with money. For a man, a woman who'll be subservient.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Are you indian? I ask because I would be generally surprised if a white guy managed to date indian girls.

Half India, half Jewish. Honestly, I feel the Indians in the West are more conservative than the chicks in India (At least the first and second generation). Let me clarify I am referring to the Indian women in the major cities and definitely not the rural town or villlages. I know quite a few mixed couples that included white guy and white girls with indians. Dating is one thing but will it lead to sex, is entirely up to you.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
When I was in India/Mumbai, one time, I curiously looked through a city newspaper and looked at the Marriage Partner Wanted column. Obviously, they're heavily into Astrology. How many times did I see it?
Please send your Horoscope/Chart for consideration!

And what are they looking for? For a woman, a man who has the potential to have a good paying job, a man with money. For a man, a woman who'll be subservient.

Not sure what paper you read but how did you infer they wanted partners with good jobs? Or women who were subservient? The astrology part is right though. It's a hindu/cultural thing.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:54 AM

23,251 posts, read 29,098,666 times
All throughout the world, is it any different with women? Financial security over love, passion, romance!

If they were only looking for sexual partners, they'd be limiting their search to their partner's Venus and Mars signs!

That's what I do!

Old 05-02-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
all throughout the world, is it any different with women? Financial security over love, passion, romance!

If they were only looking for sexual partners, they'd be limiting their search to their partner's venus and mars signs!

That's what i do!:d

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia