Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Thailand Vs China Which Place Is Better?
China 9 33.33%
Thailand 18 66.67%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 04:41 PM

194 posts, read 149,256 times

Advertisements

Which has better cities for;

Golf
Food
Women
Quality of life
Transportation
Comfortable Bedding
Enjoyability

Thanks!

Old 12-22-2014, 08:24 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,793,846 times
Where in China?

What do you mean by "women" here specifically? Prostitution is illegal in China, though you can still find it in every city. That being said, if the police decides to catch you for some reason, you are in trouble. For hookups... I don't really know, but I bet Thailand is still more convenient.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:56 PM

769 posts, read 1,020,315 times
There's not even a comparison.

Taiwan would be more comparable to Thailand because of size and climate.

That's like comparing United States to Cuba.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:32 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,697,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
There's not even a comparison.

Taiwan would be more comparable to Thailand because of size and climate.

That's like comparing United States to Cuba.
Doesn't matter, you can still compare the food, quality of life etc.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:52 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,622,035 times
Golf - Thailand.
Food - Thailand
Women - Women are more beautiful in China IMO but Thailand has a better sex scene, especially with the recent crackdowns in China. Macau is an option if you have a reasonable bankroll.
Quality of life - I dunno, up to you.
Transportation - China prolly
Comfortable Bedding - I don't even know what this means. I find Thailand to have nicer/better value hotels. But it really depends on your own personal preferences. Can still get a nice 5 star in BKK for under 100 US. Thats becoming more difficult in the big cities in China
Enjoyability: Again, up to you. I like sex and beach so my personal choice is Thailand. I enjoy China also, but for other reasons.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
Golf - Thailand.
Food - Thailand
Women - Women are more beautiful in China IMO but Thailand has a better sex scene, especially with the recent crackdowns in China. Macau is an option if you have a reasonable bankroll.
Comfortable Bedding - I don't even know what this means. I find Thailand to have nicer/better value hotels. But it really depends on your own personal preferences. Can still get a nice 5 star in BKK for under 100 US. Thats becoming more difficult in the big cities in China
Enjoyability: Again, up to you. I like sex and beach so my personal choice is Thailand. I enjoy China also, but for other reasons.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions individually. What I mean by comfortable bedding is just that. Not like in a hotel, but if I were to rent an apartment would I be able to furnish it comfortably.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:06 AM

I dunno prolly. I have only ever rented cheap furnished studios long term and the beds in them have been too hard for my tastes but I am not that picky. I am sure you can find what you're looking for in both countries.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:19 AM

Actually now that I think about it stayed at my friends condo a couple months back and and it had a really nice soft bed. But ya all the beds in the furnished 5000-12000 month to month apartment/hotel type places have horrible beds in my experience, like sleeping on concrete lol

Old 12-24-2014, 01:31 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,918,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
Golf - Thailand.
Food - Thailand

I don't know if he is just talking about prostitutes, but I think the average Thai woman is more attractive than the average Chinese women. But as he said, this is opinion. But the flatter rounder faces of the Chinese don't do it for me. One cool thing about Thai people, is that they seem just like to have more fun in general. You see it all through their culture through their music and movies and festivals. They do also take a more casual view towards sex, which is why so many see no problem in being hookers. You are goign to find more peopel, in general, that know English than mainland China, the only place in SEA where English might be more prevalent is the Phillipines (which has a lower COL than Thailand, but not as "fun" IMO) and Singapore (much higher COL). You can find a decent place to rent for a month for $300USD even in Bangkok. I think Thailand has better food, but that is a matter of opinion. I know it's know to be spicy, but most places know to dial it down for farangs unless asked, and it's flavorful regardless. Transportation is cheap in Thailand. As it won't cost much to get a bus from city to city, or hop on back of a scooter or cab within a city, but the roads are dangerous. I can't speak for China.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I don't know if he is just talking about prostitutes, but I think the average Thai woman is more attractive than the average Chinese women. But as he said, this is opinion. But the flatter rounder faces of the Chinese don't do it for me. One cool thing about Thai people, is that they seem just like to have more fun in general. You see it all through their culture through their music and movies and festivals. They do also take a more casual view towards sex, which is why so many see no problem in being hookers. You are goign to find more peopel, in general, that know English than mainland China, the only place in SEA where English might be more prevalent is the Phillipines (which has a lower COL than Thailand, but not as "fun" IMO) and Singapore (much higher COL). You can find a decent place to rent for a month for $300USD even in Bangkok. I think Thailand has better food, but that is a matter of opinion. I know it's know to be spicy, but most places know to dial it down for farangs unless asked, and it's flavorful regardless. Transportation is cheap in Thailand. As it won't cost much to get a bus from city to city, or hop on back of a scooter or cab within a city, but the roads are dangerous. I can't speak for China.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia