Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 08:31 PM

782 posts, read 1,086,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Anyone besides me that cringes at the use of "Filipina"? It may be right (It is. It's in the dictionary), but to me it goes all the way back to the word "Negress", which hasn't been used in many years, and, well, you know......

I had a conversation with a Jewish lady who felt the same way about being called a "Jew" even though it is correct. Nothing wrong with it, we agreed, it just kind of hurts my ears a little bit.

Just a thing, I guess. So I'll stick to Filipino Lady, Jewish Lady, Black Lady or just regular ol' White Girl".
My wife is a Filipina. The term is used to describe women in their culture. Filipino is used in non-gender references as well as for men. She refers to herself as a filipina, not filipino.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 07:18 PM

647 posts, read 1,216,498 times
No.no. No.

One word. Greencard.

I know actual Filipino mail order brides in Arkansas.

You think she's looking for old balding men for love?? Rich.
Is there a coincidence, in how you don't find this phenomenon in Asians from wealthy countries (Japan, Hong Kong, South Korean, Taiwan, Singapore).
Get real. Those with third world brides half their age telling others "not to judge". Just because you desperately want to believe that she would still be with you (same age, same belly) IF you were holding Filipino citizenship doesn't make it true.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:57 PM

750 posts, read 643,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
No.no. No.

One word. Greencard.

I know actual Filipino mail order brides in Arkansas.

You think she's looking for old balding men for love?? Rich.
Is there a coincidence, in how you don't find this phenomenon in Asians from wealthy countries (Japan, Hong Kong, South Korean, Taiwan, Singapore).
Get real. Those with third world brides half their age telling others "not to judge". Just because you desperately want to believe that she would still be with you (same age, same belly) IF you were holding Filipino citizenship doesn't make it true.
pretty sure most dudes (even if they dont want to admit it) know that these / their relationship is purely transactional. Both parties are proving a service and both can be perfectly content with that.

I am talking about the 20+ age gap relationships.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
pretty sure most dudes (even if they dont want to admit it) know that these / their relationship is purely transactional. Both parties are proving a service and both can be perfectly content with that.

I am talking about the 20+ age gap relationships.
I would consider these Filipinos no different from prostitutes. If you think about it in these situations, they are.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:16 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,816 times
if your are a Western man, whether old or young, and looking for love, partner or spouse in other countries, especially poor countries, dont you think you are a loser? if you say you are not..common, love is everywhere and it is just impossible not to find one if you are not a loser.

so stop denigrating these poor women. its takes 2 to tango.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:24 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
if your are a Western man, whether old or young, and looking for love, partner or spouse in other countries, especially poor countries, dont you think you are a loser? if you say you are not..common, love is everywhere and it is just impossible not to find one if you are not a loser.

I always did say, it's very suspicious and interesting that the average Westerner looking for Asian women is probably not attractive enough to date Western women, but they still want to date a cute Asian because chances are higher for dating, especially south of China. I'm not bashing anybody, but when you take notice of white-Asian couples, most of the time one of them is not attractive or just average looking, and it's usually the non-Asian male. In fact, I wasn't even the one who came up with it in the first place. My Korean best friend did! She gets hit on by an American guy and she told me if he thinks I will like him because he's a Westerner, no way he's freaking ugly. Her words, not mine

Old 04-06-2015, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
I would consider these Filipinos no different from prostitutes. If you think about it in these situations, they are.
Not quite.

There are Pinays that get married and are faithful, loving, kind, good mothers and wives, etc.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I always did say, it's very suspicious and interesting that the average Westerner looking for Asian women is probably not attractive enough to date Western women, but they still want to date a cute Asian because chances are higher for dating, especially south of China. I'm not bashing anybody, but when you take notice of white-Asian couples, most of the time one of them is not attractive or just average looking, and it's usually the non-Asian male. In fact, I wasn't even the one who came up with it in the first place. My Korean best friend did! She gets hit on by an American guy and she told me if he thinks I will like him because he's a Westerner, no way he's freaking ugly. Her words, not mine
Your words are correct only to say that the women from certain races like Filipino, Thais and the equally poor Southeast Asian countries are the ones whoring themselves to leave those places. You're unable to make the broad strokes of sweeping generalizations you have in mind. Do you know how many countries and how many broad races fall under the category of being in the Asian continent? I can say the same about impoverished greencard hunting Eastern Europeans, Russians and Balkans. They do the exact same thing (marry old ineligible Western Europeans and Americans, participate in sex trade abroad and locally at a disproportionate rate) and somehow nobody bats an eyelid and considers them as "equals" just because they're white? Even in terms of looks, (native) Southeast Asians occupy a low position, they're looked down in Asia and well known for being desperate to lighten themselves with $1 lightning creams that simply don't work, to try their darnest to look more like East Asians.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post

I take it you haven't been out of the country / America? Brazilian women vs American women? KO

What if you are an ugly or fat guy? He is not getting an attractive young woman most likely.

Denigrating? Doing them a massive favor taking them out of poverty and providing them a better life for them and their kids / family.

As I said, both sides benefit.

Do you ever think you are a losing worrying about or judging what others do?

Old 04-06-2015, 01:01 AM

Having lived in Asia for decades. The Asian women from rich Asian countries have told me that white men remind them of pink gorillas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia