Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 10:24 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,032,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
Pakistan is better than many SA countries and other countries in its league. Its employment rate is 4.4 percent one of the lowest in the world compared to Brazil's 12%. Don't compare it to America and Canada or Europe and you will see that Pakistan is not as bad as it seems.

edited to say safety wise pakistan had 3000 murders last year while brazil while same population had almost 60,000 some favelas in Brazil even the police can't get to and are complete slums controlled by druglords, something that doesn't occur in Pakistan
If I were you, I wouldn´t worry if people say that they´d never visit Pakistan and cite the negatives of the place-- I´d focus on promoting the country to the people who are interested in it. You do a lot more good being a gracious host to one visitor than you do getting upset at 10 people online about the perception of your country. This...sorry to say it this way... feeling of insecurity is common with many people who live in countries with bad press. When I lived in their country, Colombians had a hard time with their balancing act of constantly telling me how great their country was while wanting to "protect" me from overplayed dangers that more often affected locals rather than people like me.

And sorry, but as someone who lived in South America for 8 years, I definitely would pick South America over South Asia. We´re talking overall food safety, air quality, blending in and the like. As far as visiting the place, well, I think Karachi and Lahore would be dope. I definitely wouldn´t go to the tribal areas near the border with Afghanistan. Maybe I´d do India or Pakistan over Venezuela, yes, but the rest of South America gets the nod. That´s just overall comfort, nothing personal.

I don´t hate the average Pakistani person because Musharraf was most likely complicit in sheltering Bin Laden. That reminds me of when I was traveling in the Dominican Republic and I met German tourists who told me they wouldn´t visit the US until Bush was gone because they were so angry about the Iraq War (I was angry too). I just found the whole attitude ridiculous...I wouldn´t not visit Germany based upon who their Chancellor was at the time. People and politics usually differ and should be separated, though plenty of idiots and fanatics the world over are incapable of doing such a thing.

Last edited by aab7855; 06-11-2021 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 10:43 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
It also says terrorism is rare in Islamabad. Almost all countries are on level 4 because of covid LOL it has nothing to do with safety as much as it does with Covid-19
Yes new guy, I pointed those two items out in my thread (covid and Islamabad), rendering your post totally redundant and unnecessary (particularrly the childish LOL).

The warning does clearly point out terrorism as a threat however - "Do not travel to Pakistan due to COVID-19. Reconsider travel to Pakistan due to terrorism and sectarian violence." , so your conclusion is clearly incorrect - it does have to do with safety.

Last edited by Dd714; 06-11-2021 at 11:04 AM..

Old 06-11-2021, 11:00 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I would hardly say that Americans are "huge fans" of India.
The new guy that you are responding clearly has ties to Pakistan, which is good we have someone representing that country in the forums here. But be aware of the bias, just as Indian's are biased against Pakistan, Paki's are biased against India.
Off topic: I am also bemused in my business trips to Delhi, which has had it's share of terrorism incidents. They (Indian media) don't blame Muslim extremists, Isis, none of that. For them it's always Pakistan is to blame.

Old 06-11-2021, 11:12 AM

574 posts, read 376,720 times
Lets see, I should visit Cancun, or maybe Rio? Sit on the beach drinking a cold one while admiring all the beautiful women. Or I could go to Pakistan where you might get put in jail for public drinking? Do they still give lashes?

Maybe I should go to Thailand where women wear almost nothing and the beer is cheap? Or Pakistan where women have a dress code and must cover their shoulders and dresses below the knees. She also cannot wear clothes that give any hint of what her curves might look like under her clothes. Of course violations are subject to Honour Killings.

Say something bad about Islam or the Koran or Muhammad? That will likely get you killed.

I think I will go to Vietnam, and Cambodia, and Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, or Philippines to of course do all the regular tourist excursions but also spend a lot of time sitting on the beach directing traffic. Diving lessons?

I think anyone who does even the slightest bit of research about places he or she might visit, will end up with Pakistan very near the bottom of their to do list competing with exciting places like Venezuela and Somalia.

Old 06-11-2021, 11:30 AM

51 posts, read 33,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
Lets see, I should visit Cancun, or maybe Rio? Sit on the beach drinking a cold one while admiring all the beautiful women. Or I could go to Pakistan where you might get put in jail for public drinking? Do they still give lashes?

Maybe I should go to Thailand where women wear almost nothing and the beer is cheap? Or Pakistan where women have a dress code and must cover their shoulders and dresses below the knees. She also cannot wear clothes that give any hint of what her curves might look like under her clothes. Of course violations are subject to Honour Killings.

Say something bad about Islam or the Koran or Muhammad? That will likely get you killed.

edit: maybe muslims dont drink? if your reason for not coming is because islam is different from your relgiion and you have prejudice against muslims that might aswell not come at all lmao

I think I will go to Vietnam, and Cambodia, and Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, or Philippines to of course do all the regular tourist excursions but also spend a lot of time sitting on the beach directing traffic. Diving lessons?

I think anyone who does even the slightest bit of research about places he or she might visit, will end up with Pakistan very near the bottom of their to do list competing with exciting places like Venezuela and Somalia.

Say something against quran or muhammad isnt getting you killed. At max a fine. Pakistan is a normal functioning country not an extremist haven like iraq, somalia, afghanistan. Your getting the wrong image.

being blasphamous towards anyone is crimal in pakistan see here

http://www.dawn.com/news/1255777/bla...-youths-turban

http://tribune.com.pk/story/444669/a...ith-blasphemy/

most people charged with blasphamy in Pakistan are muslims themselves. Pakistan has free speech, and is a free country unlike Saudi or the UAE. Woman can wear whatever they want especially in the capital you see everyone in american style yoga pants and jeans.

if your reason to not come because of drinking and because muslims dont share the same faith rules as you and you are a racist, maybe go be prejuiced somewhere else because hateful people who arent open and accepting arent needed here.

Last edited by moviesandgames; 06-11-2021 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: fixing

Old 06-11-2021, 12:20 PM

574 posts, read 376,720 times
I think I struck a nerve? I am not hateful or racist. And I actually do not drink or do drugs. But after riding the tour bus and seeing the cool stuff so you can take a selfie, where do people go at night? Do they just sit in their hotel rooms? I really don't care what social rules other countries force on their own population. None of my business. But what do tourists do there?

As far as faith. I know God is all around us and all religions have some place in this world. I just have no interest in any organized religion that rules and controls people's lives. It has all been distorted by people who think they know what is right for everyone else.

Really, a message board is pretty much useless as a place to promote your country and its reputation.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:43 PM

51 posts, read 33,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
I think I struck a nerve? I am not hateful or racist. And I actually do not drink or do drugs. But after riding the tour bus and seeing the cool stuff so you can take a selfie, where do people go at night? Do they just sit in their hotel rooms? I really don't care what social rules other countries force on their own population. None of my business. But what do tourists do there?

As far as faith. I know God is all around us and all religions have some place in this world. I just have no interest in any organized religion that rules and controls people's lives. It has all been distorted by people who think they know what is right for everyone else.

Really, a message board is pretty much useless as a place to promote your country and its reputation.
I am not really trying to promote as much as it seems I am, but pakistan has no nightlife if partying and clubs are all that nightlife is. However I am pretty sure at night most go home, eat dinner and sleep. Or, you can stay up all night drinking tea and eating sweets and chatting it up on the roads seriously Karachi is lively at 5 am at night. Also if you didn't know Pakistan has a red light district so if that is really what you want its there.

anyways, I am not even Pakistani I just have very close cultural ties due to part of my family, just wanted to come to this thread to share my opinions and maybe help change peoples minds of Pakistan because I am American and I have seen what FOX reports whenever Pakistan is concerned, and it is far from the truth. I doubt honestly any of their reporters have actually been to Pakistan or Muslim countries because they only share random propaganda about said countries not anything helpful no idea whats the deal. And clearly its being shown on this thread with half the responses being "Im going to pass too many Muzzies and terrorism oh nooo!!"

anyways take a look https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/298...d-closed-doors

Old 06-11-2021, 06:47 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times
Quote:
The americans in this thread wont like this even though its true, americans are huge fans of India as many Americans are anti muslim.

to the americans, show one video where an vlogger in india tries to pay for his meal, and the resturant owner gives the meal for free? its commonplace in pakistan.

Shows the kindness of Pakistanis. Even though they are in poverty and would never let an oppurtuinty to gain money go to waste, they welcome the stranger from abroad and give the meal for free even when they know they will take a loss. I have seen Americans or other foreginers get invited for tea in Pakistan aswell.

Show me any examples in india please and I am waiting.
I’m not sure why you felt the need to drag India into this. If you want to promote Pakistan, stick to that, without degrading another country to prove your point, otherwise you come across as desperate.

To address another point you made later on in the thread, there’s a good reason why westerners are more reluctant to travel to a Muslim country, even if some of it is due to misinformation. In a good number of Muslim majority countries (though not all), it’s easy to find yourself on the wrong side of the law, whether that be due to deliberate action or pure negligence. Things like criticizing religion, drinking, showing a lot of cleavage... can all work against you in some of these countries. Comparing them to places like Brazil makes little sense as Brazil is culturally a western nation, with largely a similar outlook on life. That it’s more violent is an unfortunate situation, but hardly the deterrent you might think it is.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:04 PM

9,976 posts, read 5,673,914 times
I took it as a good sign when international cricket returned to Pakistan and plenty of westerners play for PSL teams. I'm aware a handful of Sri Lanka players refused to participate in the Pakistan tour but you can hardly blame them under the circumstances.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:45 PM

3,450 posts, read 2,775,135 times
So, has Pakistan stopped jailing and killing people for blasphemy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia