Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2021, 12:43 AM

536 posts, read 610,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

And, yes, that statement was anti-American. That you think the statement is true doesn't change this fact.
Ugly American is very well known and is not "anti-American". Just because you do not like it does not make it anti-American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 01:04 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
Ugly American is very well known and is not "anti-American". Just because you do not like it does not make it anti-American.
It’s a generic statement void of any real value. It’s a convenient way for other countries to boost about how smart they are, while pretending that only Americans are ignorant. Anyone who has spent any time traveling, will be able to tell you that there are people who fit those stereotypes from all over the world.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:52 AM

51 posts, read 33,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
It’s a generic statement void of any real value. It’s a convenient way for other countries to boost about how smart they are, while pretending that only Americans are ignorant. Anyone who has spent any time traveling, will be able to tell you that there are people who fit those stereotypes from all over the world.
Not all Americans fit that statement, but quite a few do and I have seen it myself. Of course other countries also have people who fit the statement, but the US is the largest country that speaks only English, and does not have a defined culture obviously due to the amazing variety of immigrants that have influenced the country, therefore making it extremely common for Americans to fall into the category of the "Ignorant American"

Old 06-15-2021, 10:13 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
Not all Americans fit that statement, but quite a few do and I have seen it myself. Of course other countries also have people who fit the statement, but the US is the largest country that speaks only English, and does not have a defined culture obviously due to the amazing variety of immigrants that have influenced the country, therefore making it extremely common for Americans to fall into the category of the "Ignorant American"

Not sure how this turned into an US bashing thread, but you are saying the diversity of America makes it easy to generalize Americans? That statement makes zero sense.

The irony there is also that, in response to you calling out people for generalizing Pakistan, you and Serbia guy are in turn generalizing the US.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:29 AM

9,976 posts, read 5,673,914 times
"Why won't you ugly Americans come visit our country?"

Because we're content to bask in the warm glow of your contempt from a distance, thankyouverymuch.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:40 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
You do realize that PAKISTAN is better than India is almost every way yet you turn a blind eye, as you just admitted. Just look at the COVID situation for starters.

Something is psychologically seriously wrong with you, as you just admitted your son lives in Pakistan yet refuse to visit, even though PAK has the 3rd most English speakers in the whole world. https://cudoo.com/blog/which-countri...lish-speakers/

Pakistan was also named as #1 tourist destination by leading travel magazine. https://www.khaleejtimes.com/interna...ation-for-2020

Pakistan has more peaks taller than 22,965ft, making it an almost magnetic spot for adventure travellers and hikers.
I wan't aware that I had ever indicated there was or should be a competition between India and Pakistan. I'm not particularly impressed with many aspects of India. So what?

My family situation is something you know NOTHING about.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:46 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,882,429 times
Just checking the US embassy web page for Pakistan. Level 4 warning for Covid, secular violence and terrorism. What’s next for you would be Middle East travelers, Afghanistan, Syria or Iraq? Sounds like a blast. Don’t forget your travelers insurance.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:15 AM

574 posts, read 376,661 times
Not wanting to visit your country does not make us ugly or ignorant Americans. It just means people have about a million other places they would rather go. If the department of tourism is paying you to get on message boards to promote westerners visiting Pukistan, they are wasting money. Or maybe you are the dept or tourism?

Why is Pakistank so desperate for tourists? Is your country in such dire straits that you must beg for attention from people you hate?

Old 06-15-2021, 12:30 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
Not wanting to visit your country does not make us ugly or ignorant Americans. It just means people have about a million other places they would rather go. If the department of tourism is paying you to get on message boards to promote westerners visiting Pukistan, they are wasting money. Or maybe you are the dept or tourism?
Well Pakistan does have "largest Christianity cross of Asia", so there is that (see post #19). Forget Angkor Wat, the Forbidden City, and the Taj Mahal, who doesn't want to take a trip across the world to see two giant planks of wood nailed together?

Old 06-15-2021, 01:33 PM

51 posts, read 33,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well Pakistan does have "largest Christianity cross of Asia", so there is that (see post #19). Forget Angkor Wat, the Forbidden City, and the Taj Mahal, who doesn't want to take a trip across the world to see two giant planks of wood nailed together?
Ignorance is clearly showing here, there is more to a country than a cross.

I think this thread should be closed due to sheer ignorance of people here. Saying Oh, I will visit India, just because of their hatred towards Muslims. Pakistan is better than India in every single aspect, if not similar

When was the last terrorist attack in Islamabad, Karachi, or Lahore? compare that to the last time some dude having a bad day killed 10+ people in the US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia