Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 06:58 PM

15,650 posts, read 15,789,569 times

Advertisements

Kind of discouraging. I wouldn't have thought it in South Korea.

Harsh Backlash Meets Feminists in South Korea
The New Political Cry in South Korea: ‘Out With Man Haters’

“We don’t hate women, and we don’t oppose elevating their rights,” said Bae In-kyu, 31, the head of Man on Solidarity, one of the country’s most active anti-feminist groups. “But feminists are a social evil.”
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/curr...ss-t34443.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 07:30 PM

4,004 posts, read 6,857,454 times
maybe Bae In-kyu has some kind of mental illness, who knows...

Old 03-06-2022, 07:48 PM

8,882 posts, read 8,498,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I would. Korea is one of the most misogynistic societies in the world.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:56 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,973,226 times
Quote:

Harsh Backlash Meets Feminists in South Korea
The New Political Cry in South Korea: ‘Out With Man Haters’

“We don’t hate women, and we don’t oppose elevating their rights,” said Bae In-kyu, 31, the head of Man on Solidarity, one of the country’s most active anti-feminist groups. “But feminists are a social evil.”
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/curr...ss-t34443.html
Well South Korea has free speech, and this guy has a right to post his nonsense, as much as people have a right to criticize his views (as they should be criticized). I would be more disturbed if his words were outright censored by the cancel culture that currently exists in other societies.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:17 AM

27,758 posts, read 28,863,566 times
I agree that (radical) feminism is like a mental illness and is against human nature. I believe that men and women are biologically different and have different roles in society.

And I grew up in the United States.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:16 PM

1,682 posts, read 893,927 times
And here I thought it was just America with a burgeoning gender war. I guess S Korea is really Westernized. I approach the anti-feminism crowd with some level of skepticism. I believe some of their arguments are legit, but most of the ones I meet just seem angry because they can't get girls and assume if things returned to how they were in 1950, they would have more success. Sad really. I think the world would be better if people just remembered that "people aren't against you, merely just for themselves." and don't let the extremes define your reality.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:43 PM

8,545 posts, read 6,973,511 times
South Korea where men are manly men. Let’s have another round of Sojou and plan our next trip to Angeles City.

Old 03-09-2022, 05:44 PM

15,650 posts, read 15,789,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I would. Korea is one of the most misogynistic societies in the world.
Yet they elected a woman president before we did.

Old 03-09-2022, 08:23 PM

8,882 posts, read 8,498,938 times
Quote:
Yet they elected a woman president before we did.
Who is this "we"? I'm not American.

Btw, Park's the daughter of a previous president. Political dynasty doesn't count. Even Bangladesh had a female PM.

https://www.internationalaffairs.org...rship-in-asia/

Quote:
In total, there have been 13 women in political leadership of their country across Asia. Astoundingly, only one – Tsai Ing-Wen, the current president of the Republic of China (Taiwan) – has little to no connection to an enduring political dynasty. Asia’s political pedigrees can be traced across the region, ranging from the Sukarno dynasty in Indonesia, to the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty in India, and the Aquino dynasty in the Philippines. These historical lineages, deemed by some as modern incarnations of medieval houses, have in numerous cases propelled female leaders to the highest levels of political power.

Often, the dynasty is built upon a martyr. The Philippines’ first female president Corazon Aquino was the widow of assassinated senator Benigno Aquino Jr, and Park Geun-Hye of South Korea is the daughter of assassinated military dictator Park Chung Hee. In other cases, female leaders are in fact the daughters of “founding fathers” of their respective countries. Megawati Sukarnoutri of Indonesia, Aung San Suu Kyi of Myanmar, and Sheikh Hasina Wajed of Bangladesh are all examples of such women. There is no dispute that these women have dedicated their time and energies to political office, however it is highly likely that their legitimacy while in office relied heavily upon the legacy, prowess, and political support base of their male relatives.
Anyway, Korea's misogynistic candidate won. Ew. But at least he's anti-China lol.

Old 03-09-2022, 08:58 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,459,760 times
Quote:
/url]
Why not? South Koreans are among the most conservative, misogynistic people out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia