Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city for single guys?
Tokyo 11 91.67%
Atlanta 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:00 PM

6,563 posts, read 12,054,379 times

Advertisements

In your opinion, which of those two cities do you think a single guy is better off? How about for a half-American/half-Japanese who can speak basic Japanese? Which city do you think has better nightlife, and more attractive and friendlier women?

Old 09-22-2009, 08:27 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
In your opinion, which of those two cities do you think a single guy is better off? How about for a half-American/half-Japanese who can speak basic Japanese? Which city do you think has better nightlife, and more attractive and friendlier women?
Wow, are are kidding me? This question can't be serious.

Tokyo without a doubt.

Atlanta doesn't even come close to comparing to Tokyo in nightlife or dating.

That's like asking what's better? A Datsun or a Jaquar?

Have you ever been to Tokyo? If you're asking this question you obviously have not.

Especially if you can speak Japanese and English fluently, you we be on top of the world in Tokyo.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:53 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
I'll echo - this is a joke?

Tokyo vs NYC wouldn't cause giggling, but Tokyo vs Atlanta?

Old 09-22-2009, 09:31 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I'll echo - this is a joke?

Tokyo vs NYC wouldn't cause giggling, but Tokyo vs Atlanta?
giggle .... comparing the figures obtained from wipipedia, Metro Georgia is x30 larger in area, 1/24 of Tokyo's population.

Assuming that the cost of living in Tokyo is somewhere that of NYC (Manhattan), the home price is a huge deterrent. Cost of Living comparison calculator

I'm 1/4 Japanese myself. Kyoto, Osaka, Okinawa and even Hokkaido are better choices imho. They have a nice way of telling you foreigners are not wanted there, including their immigrants. Japan Paying Immigrants To Leave

Old 09-22-2009, 09:58 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times
Tokyo and Atlanta, has about as much in common as the Space Shuddle, and a dish washer.

Two completely different cites, and cultures, to begin with. Though, Tokyo is way bigger, some I'm guessing you'll have more luck over there.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:23 PM

207 posts, read 324,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
If you like submissive women both cities have them (for Tokyo this is obvious and in Atlanta you have the Southern belle).

Not bashing either one. In my opinion (as a Southern woman) the submissive type seems to be more appealing to most men. Both cities have beautiful women as well. I am surprised about the responses so far, bashing Atlanta.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:51 PM

895 posts, read 2,366,587 times
How can you ask this question on a forum that probably no one has even been to tokyo?

Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
If you like submissive women both cities have them (for Tokyo this is obvious and in Atlanta you have the Southern belle).

Not bashing either one. In my opinion (as a Southern woman) the submissive type seems to be more appealing to most men. Both cities have beautiful women as well. I am surprised about the responses so far, bashing Atlanta.
I don't think any American women are very submissive anymore.

American women are some of the most masculine and beastly out there.

No offense to anyone. Just true.

Just Atlants have a major obesity problem by the way?

Old 09-22-2009, 10:58 PM

895 posts, read 2,366,587 times
Japans obesity rate is 3%, USA is 33%. That kind of answers your question..every city in US has an "obesity problem" compared to japan.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,917,607 times
Obviously I'd take Tokyo to live for a while if I were in your shoes (speaking Japanese). Tokyo has many more opportunities (not just dating) and you'll have novelty appeal! I'm guessing they won't be as "friendly" as the Southern women as far as being outgoing but I just can't overstate the power of uniqueness. Atlanta is much more ethnically diverse than Tokyo so probably no one would give you a second glance unless you are very good looking. Also Tokyo is going to have many more clubs and late night bars than Atlanta, but consider what kind of bankroll you'll have before deciding.

Disclaimer: I've never been to Tokyo but I have been elsewhere in Asia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia